Mika break

JackViolet

So since I've annoyed the heck out of everyone ever since finding Mika by talking about him nonstop, I tried to regain some control over my life, and very resolutely did not listen to any of his music (well, almost... I didn't listen to LiCM anyway) over the last 2-3 days. And then I thought, "well! I don't have the urge to go MikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMika anymore. Quite all right, jolly good!"

Then I popped in LiCM.

And of course immediately I was all "Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Miiiiiiiiiikkkkkaaaaa" again. (Actual quote from an email I had been writing to friend at the time "Grace Kelly" started to play. Poor friend.)

Anyone else have any better success at taking breaks from this? :wink2:

Also, Mika: good job on the stage name. The last musician I was obsessed with was named Marc, and his name was likewise very good for repetition: Marc Marc Marc Marc Marc MarcMarcMarc. I think the "M" names work well for chanty obsessiveness.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So since I've annoyed the heck out of everyone ever since finding Mika by talking about him nonstop, I tried to regain some control over my life, and very resolutely did not listen to any of his music (well, almost... I didn't listen to LCIM anyway) over the last 2-3 days. And then I thought, "well! I don't have the urge to go MikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMika anymore. Quite all right, jolly good!"

Then I popped in LCIM.

And of course immediately I was all "Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Miiiiiiiiiikkkkkaaaaa" again. (Actual quote from an email I had been writing to friend at the time "Grace Kelly" started to play. Poor friend.)

Anyone else have any better success at taking breaks from this? :wink2:

well like a week ago i didnt listemn to hi for 2 days, i did talk about him tho, its hard when all of your friends are just as obsessed but its ok if anyone gets anoyed we have the forums!

I understand and totally sympathise!

I had nearly a whole week off from anything Mika-related last week as I was on holiday with my family. I even imposed a ban on his CD in the car, even though my kids asked for it. When I got home I thought "Hmm, maybe I've got the obsession under control and I can have a life again now...".

How wrong was I? One listen to the album and a little sneaky peak at the forum later and it was worse than ever. I should not feel like this over a pop star at my age aaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

I should not feel like this over a pop star at my age aaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahah, that's what people tell me, but posh on that I say! Grown ups are dreadfully boring after all. I do say to myself sometimes, "but you are busy graduate student, you must give up this sillyness and focus on working on your ph.d.!" but that doesn't last very long.

You're so right, we shouldn't be ashamed, after all, who wants to be a boring oldie with no sense of fun (not me) but it just amazes me that no musician/popstar has had this effect on me since I was 14 and that is 24 years ago.....

It's madness!!!!!!!:roftl: But it keeps you young eh?

my hubby says hes all mikad out, i just cant stop playing and now i have a concert ticket im like a cheshire cat. he tries to escape but then he gets it from the boys too lol.

he does like mika but not as madly as the rest of us. i have not liked anyone like this since ricky martin and we went to see him in london earls court a few years back. so he knows i am serious about MIKAS music.

Ooooh, who was the popstar you liked when you were 14?

blackwildkitty: The funny thing about listening to other music is that I originally started listening to Mika in order to distract myself from another musical obsession. Oh, irony.

im going to have an almost mika free 4 days because im going to disney on thursday, ill get to listen on the plane but my room mates dont like him, so i can only listen tghrough my heaphones and be unsocial

I should not feel like this over a pop star at my age aaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Age doesn't matter!! I calculated I am just a bit older :old: than you, and I feel just the same! My kids love Mika too!! And the funny thing was I said to some friends that I haven't obsessed like this since I was 14 too (what is it about being 14?)...and my obsession then was Roger Taylor (Queen of course) and even now, a few hours on the Roger Taylor forums and I can kick start that obsession all over again too!

I don't expect the Mika obsession to disappear anytime soon, and anyway, I am enjoying it!! And so are my kids.

Some of us just have obsessive personalities I guess....regardless of age...and Mika is so cute and talented, how can we oldlings resist??!!:wub2:

im going to have an almost mika free 4 days because im going to disney on thursday, ill get to listen on the plane but my room mates dont like him, so i can only listen tghrough my heaphones and be unsocial

How I envy you! Not because of your forced Mika abstinence but because of your trip to Disney!

I have been in Disneyland, Paris last year and I just had the time of my life :punk:

This may sound weird but I made a bet with one of my friends that my obsession with Mika will still be very...obsessive after two months which I now realised is my other friend's birthday (*cough* Ashleigh *cough*).

Anyway, she will have to pay me $20! Mwahha! Wait...make that $25. She still owes me $5 from when I proved that 'prettiest' was a word.

i can control my obsessive-ness!

im trying not to be soo OMG-ish at home coz dad would mostly tease me :P

but whenever i talk to someone about music, england watevrr

i JUST have to talk about Mika and then i'll go crazy! :D:D:D:D

and it feels so good to let it all out LOL :P

I sometimes manage to listen to Radio 2 in the car - but as soon as something comes on that I dont like, then LICM goes on - and thats it. Even my bairns put it on as soon as they get in the car!! No complaints from me :D

I love this thread!

In the last few days I've been trying not to get myself so over-obsessed with Mika...I didn't succed very much in doing it!

On saturday and Sunday I was in Viareggio..I could have gone to the seaside but I had no time coz I had so many things to do but I menaged to avoid the word "MIKA" for about 2 days..

until I was in the car with my friends and "Grace Kelly" was on the radio.

One of my friends (a boy) said: "I love this song" and that was the worst thing he did coz I started chatting about Mika.

Soooooo...the first thing I did when I came back home was switching my mp3 on and listening to LICM (I'm now addicted to Erase....sigh..it's so sad) for 3 times before my mum asked me (not very gently I have to say) to spend some time with her..since I hadn't seen her for 2 days.

She was right!

I enjoied to stop with all my MIKAMIKAMIKAMIKAMIKA :naughty: ...

BUT IT WAS SO DAMN DIFFICULT!

i fail to take breaks miserably. i try very hard tho not to stay too long on the net searching for MIKA pics and news. i am doing a very had course at college so my time is divided like 2 hrs "study":blush-anim-cl: , 30min *well, 1 hr to be honest* MIKA search. as for the songs, they are on my phone, mp3, memory stick. there is no complete break for me really.