2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

If anybody going to the gig happens to read this, could you please ask Mika when he's coming back to Texas? I know it's a long shot, but it would mean the world to me :biggrin2: Thank you sooo much!

Yeah...I will if we get to meet him!

:)

Just got back! The show was amazing as expected, and rather too short... though my personal experience wasn't that great because I got stuck with people who were shoving me from behind so much I could hardly enjoy it! And I couldn't move! Next time I'll stay farther back.

But, all the fanclub members got taken upstairs after the show to meet Mika, courtesy of Mika's absolutely lovely manager.

More soon. :-)

--Jack

P.S. Mika said he's sick with a chest infection right now, but he still did the show, and stayed to meet all of us, and THEN after all the fanclub members and other people with passes left, I think he even managed to take the time to go downstairs and see the people lined up outside the club... our boy is amazing.

So, where are the reports? It's got to be almost over by now. Just kidding guys! :naughty: Have fun chasing Mika, and then get some rest. I can wait until morning for the reviews. :bleh:

Hey, I just got home... well, about 45 minutes ago, but I had to go

to the bathroom and get something to eat! It's been a marathon day!

So... not a full report yet, I'll just tease you with this --

-- the 9:30 Club was *adamant* about NO PHOTOS! I mean, chasing

people down and confiscating cameras, adamant. So I don't have any of

the show, although I'm sure someone must...

-- he wore the bright green pants and *orange* underwear

-- the shirt stayed on during Love Today :wink2:

-- he was the COW again for Lollipop

-- MOST AMAZINGLY: a bunch of us from MFC

got to spend a long time with him after the show, even

though he has a chest infection and didn't feel so hot :(

*sigh* I can't believe it's over.

dcdeb <Now what do I count down?>

Aww man, a chest infection? :sad: I hope he feels better!

You guys are so amazingly lucky! Tell us all the juicy details when you get the chance!

And orange underwear? Glad to know he's branching out :wink2: haha

I went with mahimahi. It was pretty impressive despite it being a bit short. The opening act was kind of slow and sounded almost like jazz music. It started out quick with relax and big girls before Mika went into a slow series. A ton of people around us had cameras. Two near us got taken out and mahimahi almost got kicked out (he was later caught and had to delete over 100 pictures). Did anyone else have this problem? Love Today was cool. He took out a trashcan and proceeded to beat it and was standing on the drums and everything. At the end of lollipop I caught one of the balloons and walked right out with it. Mahimahi also got a setlist. We were about 3 rows back and were only a few feet from Mika at times getting there only an hour before opening.

Ahh! Green pants and orange underwear!?! Jealous! :naughty:

About the chest infection...I thought he didn't look too well. Poor guy.

About all the MFC members, that's extremely cool, I wish they'd have done that for us but I still met him so what do I care? :roftl:

Just got back! The show was amazing as expected, and rather too short... though my personal experience wasn't that great because I got stuck with people who were shoving me from behind so much I could hardly enjoy it! And I couldn't move! Next time I'll stay farther back.

But, all the fanclub members got taken upstairs after the show to meet Mika, courtesy of Mika's absolutely lovely manager.

--Jack

P.S. Mika said he's sick with a chest infection right now, but he still did the show, and stayed to meet all of us, and THEN after all the fanclub members and other people with passes left, I think he even managed to take the time to go downstairs and see the people lined up outside the club... our boy is amazing.

Awww...poor Mika! He's been running himself completely ragged. Still, how beautiful is he to take time for his fans! You guys were so lucky to get some special MFC member time. Maybe I went to the wrong show...just kidding!

I hope our boy feels better soon. Take care of yourself Mika!

--Jack

I went with mahimahi. It was pretty impressive despite it being a bit short. The opening act was kind of slow and sounded almost like jazz music. It started out quick with relax and big girls before Mika went into a slow series. A ton of people around us had cameras. Two near us got taken out and mahimahi almost got kicked out (he was later caught and had to delete over 100 pictures). Did anyone else have this problem? Love Today was cool. He took out a trashcan and proceeded to beat it and was standing on the drums and everything. At the end of lollipop I caught one of the balloons and walked right out with it. Mahimahi also got a setlist. We were about 3 rows back and were only a few feet from Mika at times getting there only an hour before opening.

awww so glad u guys r back and had fun and met mikush!

he is sick :( hope its not to bad!

i wanna hear more!!!! DEB!!! come on! lol

Aw, poor Mika! That's so cool you guys got to meet him for being MFC members. :D

That camera part really sucks. :thumbdown: In SF they didn't do anything that radical, but they made one of my friends delete a video she had. Another friend was just told to turn the flash off haha.

I can't wait to hear more stories!

Ooh, orange. He was wearing grey in SF, I'm afraid. :) And his shirt stayed on with us too. Unfair, I say. ;)

Aw, poor Mika! That's so cool you guys got to meet him for being MFC members. :D

That camera part really sucks. :thumbdown: In SF they didn't do anything that radical, but they made one of my friends delete a video she had. Another friend was just told to turn the flash off haha.

I can't wait to hear more stories!

Ooh, orange. He was wearing grey in SF, I'm afraid. :) And his shirt stayed on with us too. Unfair, I say. ;)

His shirt was off for us...thank God! :roftl: And had the green undies on again.

That sucks about the pictures, they searched us, but didn't take anything away, and I took tons of video and was standing right next to the security guards! They definitely didn't care. While we were waiting, they were the one who kept starting chants for Mika, lol.

oh man, what an amazing show. such great energy! that whole crowd seemed to love it, from what i could tell. that was annoying about the cameras though. 930 almost always allows cameras so that was surprising. i brought mine in and took a few without flash, and one with flash by accident. i took a couple of cool ones on my phone. i was right at the front, perfect spot, since we were 2nd in line (or 3rd? not sure if those 2 people came together). we got there at 3:15, it rained once, then a couple of hours later was the huge thunderstorm of course, which was when we were moved to the basement.

anyways the show was incredible and we met him afterwards (not with the fan club, since the 2 friends i came with aren't members and i didn't want to leave them). he was a total sweetie. he was eating this gummy bear and angrily called it a mediocre teddy bear haha it was adorable. and he recognized my friend christel's name as french so he started talking in french to her. he then proceeded to rant about how american gummy bears are soft and chewy and in france they're hard and tough haha and we gave him this fancy little note thing that you have to pull to open it.. hard to explain haha but yeah it was great! i'll post my picture with him and the 1 clear picture i got during the show (accidental flash) tomorrow.

oh man, what an amazing show. such great energy! that whole crowd seemed to love it, from what i could tell. that was annoying about the cameras though. 930 almost always allows cameras so that was surprising. i brought mine in and took a few without flash, and one with flash by accident. i took a couple of cool ones on my phone. i was right at the front, perfect spot, since we were 2nd in line (or 3rd? not sure if those 2 people came together). we got there at 3:15, it rained once, then a couple of hours later was the huge thunderstorm of course, which was when we were moved to the basement.

anyways the show was incredible and we met him afterwards (not with the fan club, since the 2 friends i came with aren't members and i didn't want to leave them). he was a total sweetie. he was eating this gummy bear and angrily called it a mediocre teddy bear haha it was adorable. and he recognized my friend christel's name as french so he started talking in french to her. he then proceeded to rant about how american gummy bears are soft and chewy and in france they're hard and tough haha and we gave him this fancy little note thing that you have to pull to open it.. hard to explain haha but yeah it was great! i'll post my picture with him and the 1 clear picture i got during the show (accidental flash) tomorrow.

hey :) glad u had fun!

what do u mean not with the fan club cause your friends r not in it??

LOL! this is funny...he took ppl that are in THIS fanclub!? i think its funny cause its not even official!

thats great :)

LOL! this is funny...he took ppl that are in THIS fanclub!? i think its funny cause its not even official!

Yep! THIS fanclub. :-) Jerry, the manager came down after teh show and said that everyone who's with the MFC crowd gets to go up and meet Mika.

Becca, I don't think I remember you? How were you dressed? I must have talked to you, surely?

--Jack

Yep! THIS fanclub. :-) Jerry, the manager came down after teh show and said that everyone who's with the MFC crowd gets to go up and meet Mika.

Becca, I don't think I remember you? How were you dressed? I must have talked to you, surely?

--Jack

I'll just tell myself me mentioning the MFC when I met Mika Monday night had some influence! :roftl: It probably didn't but I'll go ahead and think that!

--Jack

ha, i talked to jerry! it was probably like 3:30 or 4, right after the first rain shower hit. one of the 930 guys brought us 3 umbrellas in exchange for helping him with some cones lol so we had these 3 umbrellas, and jerry walked by after the rain had stopped, and said, "you guys came prepared, huh?" and 2 of us said, "yes!" then we were like, "wait, we didn't though. why did we just say yes to him?" it was funnier at the time i guess haha.

let's see, i have long blonde hair, which was down most of the time but i put it up part of the time in line and after the show. i was wearing a blue dress but i had this gray hoodie thing over it some of the time. oh, and a yellow bow in my hair, and red shoes. i pretty much kept to myself/my 2 friends i guess. what were you wearing?

yeah, i came with 2 friends, and they aren't members of the MFC, and i didn't want to leave them outside and go do that by myself, so i decided to take my chances and wait outside with them and meet him on our own :) which worked!