2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

Yep! THIS fanclub. :-) Jerry, the manager came down after teh show and said that everyone who's with the MFC crowd gets to go up and meet Mika.

Becca, I don't think I remember you? How were you dressed? I must have talked to you, surely?

--Jack

Yes ... Jerry did the same for us, after asking us all these questions about what we would like to see more of ... like a regular blog etc. however this was in Sydney & there were only 9 of us ... but we did feel very lucky & blessed to be MFC members !!:wub2: :wub2: He (Jerry) was also ADAMANT that Mika reads our Forum !!!:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for the first stories. Can't wait to see pictures!

Why is South Africa sooooooo far away?

Will check in for more stories and pics today.

Deb, Hooch and Jackviolet and all the others - YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!

See you all later.

Sivan! Have you recovered from your weekend?

Nel

Yep! THIS fanclub. :-) Jerry, the manager came down after teh show and said that everyone who's with the MFC crowd gets to go up and meet Mika.

What happened was... we were trying to figure out where to wait to see

Mika after the show was over, and as we were working our way toward

the exit, tootch spotted Jerry, Mika's manager, upstairs. We screamed and

got his attention and then I pulled out the MFC banner I had and said

we'd all signed it and wanted to give it and some other things to Mika.

So he dropped two after-show passes down to me. But we said we had

more people than that with the group. After a little confusion, he finally

said, OK, everyone with MFC could come up. He was really great to us,

we can't say enough nice things about him! He even asked about our

blinking hearts and I gave him a couple extras we had -- he put one on

right away and said he'd wear it for Boston tomorrow. :biggrin2:

We really were very lucky! Mika could have easily said he didn't want to

be bothered, given how poorly he was feeling.

let's see, i have long blonde hair, which was down most of the time but i put it up part of the time in line and after the show. i was wearing a blue dress but i had this gray hoodie thing over it some of the time. oh, and a yellow bow in my hair, and red shoes. i pretty much kept to myself/my 2 friends i guess. what were you wearing?

Hmmm, I remember several girls with long blonde hair...

I was wearing this:

MeMikaOutfitafter2.jpg

--Jack

Becca, I don't think I remember you? How were you dressed? I must have talked to you, surely?

--Jack

thats the funny thing :) how can he make sure who is really in and who isnt? lol

thats the funny thing :) how can he make sure who is really in and who isnt? lol

We told him to look for the flashing hearts, Sivan -- most everyone from the

MFC that we saw had one tonight, thanks to tootch :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

What happened was... we were trying to figure out where to wait to see

Mika after the show was over, and as we were working our way toward

the exit, tootch spotted Jerry, Mika's manager, upstairs. We screamed and

got his attention and then I pulled out the MFC banner I had and said

we'd all signed it and wanted to give it and some other things to Mika.

So he dropped two after-show passes down to me. But we said we had

more people than that with the group. After a little confusion, he finally

said, OK, everyone with MFC could come up. He was really great to us,

we can't say enough nice things about him! He even asked about our

blinking hearts and I gave him a couple extras we had -- he put one on

right away and said he'd wear it for Boston tomorrow. :biggrin2:

We really were very lucky! Mika could have easily said he didn't want to

be bothered, given how poorly he was feeling.

no way mika will do that :) he is just to sweet!!!!!!!!!! i dont get it!!! how can he be so sweet?!?!?

Hmmm, I remember several girls with long blonde hair...

I was wearing this:

MeMikaOutfitafter2.jpg

--Jack

LOL! Yes you were, and you were fabulous!

no way mika will do that :) he is just to sweet!!!!!!!!!! i dont get it!!! how can he be so sweet?!?!?

It's one of the great mysteries of the Universe, Sivan! A kind and generous popstar is a rare thing nowadays.

Oh! I just looked through my photos, Becca! You were one of the girls right in front of me, I think!

I think I may owe you an apology, by the way, and I hope I wasn't pushing you too much. Once the show started the people behind me went crazy with the pushing, and I was trying really hard not to fall over onto you girls. (Also sorry about fidgeting with that damn basket. I know that was annoying.)

--Jack

OK, one photo and then I'm hitting the hay... I really didn't get that many,

none of the show, as I said... But this one is not bad :biggrin2:

More tomorrow...!

sidecopy.jpg

Hey, I just got home... well, about 45 minutes ago, but I had to go

to the bathroom and get something to eat! It's been a marathon day!

So... not a full report yet, I'll just tease you with this --

-- the 9:30 Club was *adamant* about NO PHOTOS! I mean, chasing

people down and confiscating cameras, adamant. So I don't have any of

the show, although I'm sure someone must...

-- he wore the bright green pants and *orange* underwear

-- the shirt stayed on during Love Today :wink2:

-- he was the COW again for Lollipop

-- MOST AMAZINGLY: a bunch of us from MFC

got to spend a long time with him after the show, even

though he has a chest infection and didn't feel so hot :(

*sigh* I can't believe it's over.

dcdeb <Now what do I count down?>

Deb I nearly cried when I read your signature!! It's all over!! Maybe you could count the other way..."1 day since Mika, and too long till the next time." (Alternatively, you could count down for me!! July 30th Tokyo! *wink*)

You sound like you all had a such a fabulous time...I can't wait to hear more and see more photos. Hope Mika gets better soon too. Can't have him sick at this crucial time!:boxed:

Sorry…This is a long one!

First off…hoochatooch, mgpm, dcdeb, and jackviolet…I love meeting you all!!!!!!! You were soooooo friendly! And hoochatooch…you’re daughter was adorable, and thank you sooo much for caring for me and my fam!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn’t have to got to see Mika if it wasn’t for you! Thank You!!!!

Ok so here we go!!!

It’s me, my sister, and three of my cousins who all went to the concert! We get to D.C and it’s pouring raining so we frantically search in a bunch of gas stations and finally get 2 umbrellas for the 5 of us cause they were so expensive. Then we get there and park my car and find that it has stopped raining! Anyways we get there and I see DCDEB and hoochatootch!! We were all relieved to find out that we didn’t have to wait in line because we came early enough to be able to go into a room that was on the bottom floor. We were there for a while where I met MGPM who showed me the scrapbook that we helped make! It was beautiful!!! Then finally we got to go to the room where the concert was, which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But we got amazing spots right in front of the stage in front of Martin!!!! Then the girl Sarah who did the open act was really good!!!! I felt kinda bad for her cause no one really paid attention to her but she acknowledged me and my fam. Cause of how funky we were dressed!! Then she was done… we waited about a ½ an hour for Mika to come out! He came out and opened with relax!!!!!!! It was amazing!!!!! The concert was of course amazing he was so energized! At point he was saying how he saw the white house and that it was so small…then he was like you should see the queens house! It was funny! Oh my gosh Love Today was great!!!!! I think it was during love today when he came towards us and his hand swung down towards my cousin…I thought he was going to hit her for some reason…or at least pat her head or something. But instead he grabbed her sunglasses off her head and wore them!!! (We all wore really funky sunglasses) We were so shocked!!! It was really funny cause he showed Martin and he laughed really hard!! Then Mika gave them back and then Martin took them! I’m not going to lie I was a little jealous because before tonight she never even knew who Mika was! But Shhhhh, we’ll keep that between us! But yeah the rest of the concert was great! Then at the end of the concert we didn’t know where we should’ve gone to be able to see Mika and be able to get pics with him and ect. We kinda just followed DCDEB and hoochatooch! Thank God we did because after much confusion for us I found them at this staircase! The guard there wasn’t very nice because apparently we had to get a pass to be able to go up the stairs and he kept telling us that they was no point of us to wait there because we weren’t going to get in. But then Mika’s manager, who’s name escapes me for some odd reason, came to the rescue!! First I didn’t think we all were going to be able to get in because he kept saying 3 people, and hoochatooch was so kind and told us that she would give us whatever we wanted to Mika…but then Mika’s manager was like are they all in the fanclub and we said yes all the people with the light up hearts which…sorry I can’t remember if hootchatooch or mgpm gave us! The hearts saved us!!! We kinda told a white lie and told them that my cousins were in the fan club as well but that’s ok. I was sooooo excited!!!! We got up there and we sat down and waited for Mika. Meanwhile Mika’s manager came out and was asking us questions about the Fan club and stuff, he also gave us lollipops!!!! Then me and my fam saw this actor (I don’t know if you know him he was in Harold and Kumar) his name is Kalpen…so we chatted with him for a bit. Then Mika came out!!!!! I waited patiently…

He was so nice!!!!!!!!!! ?

Here’s the convo

Me: Hi Mika!!!

Mika: Hi how are you! I love your shirt it’s brilliant! Did you make that yourself? (then he saw my hula skirt and grab it and laughed at it)

Me: Yeah well you don’t get to dress up like this for normal concerts so we went all out

Then he signed my ticket (I forgot my cd!)

Then he turned to my sister and told her he love her outfit as well!

Mika: Wow your eyelashes are so cool! (She had fake rainbow eyelashes) Close your eyes let me see

My Sister: Thanks!!! Will you sign my ticket stub too?

Mika: Of course

Then my cousins went up and I wasn’t really paying attention to what they were saying but I caught part of the convo from the cousin who’s sun glasses he took

My cousin: Hey man you took my sunglasses

Mika: Hahaha I think they looked good for the whole 30 seconds I wore them! (Big Smile)

My cousin: haha yeah…thank you!!!

Then we was talking to all of us…asking where we were from. And I told him that we were 2 hours away. He asked us who was driving and I told him it was me and he gave me a sympathetic look. He was so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him how I was going to the New York show and he said that was “brilliantâ€

And I told him about how I was coming to the one in New York on Aug 10 but that I would have to leave at 2:30am and he was like…aw you shouldn’t do that, you should get a hotel. I told him I would if I could afford it!

Then we said our goodbyes because there were many other people who were waiting. Mika’s manager took a lot of picture some with the whole fan club that was there, some with just me, my sis, and my cousins. There were these girls there that made a rap about Mika…I don’t remember all of it but it started yo mika, he dances like a freaka…it was cute. He really like the scrapbook and looked through it and stuff!!

It was just a really amazing night!!!!!!!!!!

The music was incredible I wouldn’t change it for the world!

deb, if i had your phone number i'd call you!

tootch...i know you cannot read this, but you can speak with deb, and she will tell you....

I AM SO HAPPY YOU MET HIM!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE HE'S ALWAYS SO KIND WITH US!

and this manager....hope he will be in europe too!

I still can't believe all this happened...It was my first real concert and we were in the front row and got to meet mika after...

I think it was a dream!

Well I'm dead tired!!! I drove a lot today

Good night all!

Oh yeah...all my cousins were making fun of me for being in the fanclub on the way up...

then they saw how nice everyone was...then they saw that it got us to to meet him! They were singing mfc praises after that!

ha!

omg omg OMG!!!!!!

how lucky you were!!! i'm so excited and thrilled for you all!! :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

omg! i've slept 3 hours tonight and after reading this i'm so shaking..oh my, i have to work today! how am i supposed to do it thinking of what happened to you?????:woot_jump:

Hey you guys had an awesome night...

And how awesome is Jerry, he seems to come through for us fan club members, he did it for us Aussies and now for you guys...

Shows we really do benefit from being members and displaying ourselves with pride. The badges and signs (and of course the flashy hearts) work for us...

I hope you guys never forget the amazing time you had

Sorry…This is a long one!

First off…hoochatooch, mgpm, dcdeb, and jackviolet…I love meeting you all!!!!!!! You were soooooo friendly! And hoochatooch…you’re daughter was adorable, and thank you sooo much for caring for me and my fam!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn’t have to got to see Mika if it wasn’t for you! Thank You!!!!

Ok so here we go!!!

It’s me, my sister, and three of my cousins who all went to the concert! We get to D.C and it’s pouring raining so we frantically search in a bunch of gas stations and finally get 2 umbrellas for the 5 of us cause they were so expensive. Then we get there and park my car and find that it has stopped raining! Anyways we get there and I see DCDEB and hoochatootch!! We were all relieved to find out that we didn’t have to wait in line because we came early enough to be able to go into a room that was on the bottom floor. We were there for a while where I met MGPM who showed me the scrapbook that we helped make! It was beautiful!!! Then finally we got to go to the room where the concert was, which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But we got amazing spots right in front of the stage in front of Martin!!!! Then the girl Sarah who did the open act was really good!!!! I felt kinda bad for her cause no one really paid attention to her but she acknowledged me and my fam. Cause of how funky we were dressed!! Then she was done… we waited about a ½ an hour for Mika to come out! He came out and opened with relax!!!!!!! It was amazing!!!!! The concert was of course amazing he was so energized! At point he was saying how he saw the white house and that it was so small…then he was like you should see the queens house! It was funny! Oh my gosh Love Today was great!!!!! I think it was during love today when he came towards us and his hand swung down towards my cousin…I thought he was going to hit her for some reason…or at least pat her head or something. But instead he grabbed her sunglasses off her head and wore them!!! (We all wore really funky sunglasses) We were so shocked!!! It was really funny cause he showed Martin and he laughed really hard!! Then Mika gave them back and then Martin took them! I’m not going to lie I was a little jealous because before tonight she never even knew who Mika was! But Shhhhh, we’ll keep that between us! But yeah the rest of the concert was great! Then at the end of the concert we didn’t know where we should’ve gone to be able to see Mika and be able to get pics with him and ect. We kinda just followed DCDEB and hoochatooch! Thank God we did because after much confusion for us I found them at this staircase! The guard there wasn’t very nice because apparently we had to get a pass to be able to go up the stairs and he kept telling us that they was no point of us to wait there because we weren’t going to get in. But then Mika’s manager, who’s name escapes me for some odd reason, came to the rescue!! First I didn’t think we all were going to be able to get in because he kept saying 3 people, and hoochatooch was so kind and told us that she would give us whatever we wanted to Mika…but then Mika’s manager was like are they all in the fanclub and we said yes all the people with the light up hearts which…sorry I can’t remember if hootchatooch or mgpm gave us! The hearts saved us!!! We kinda told a white lie and told them that my cousins were in the fan club as well but that’s ok. I was sooooo excited!!!! We got up there and we sat down and waited for Mika. Meanwhile Mika’s manager came out and was asking us questions about the Fan club and stuff, he also gave us lollipops!!!! Then me and my fam saw this actor (I don’t know if you know him he was in Harold and Kumar) his name is Kalpen…so we chatted with him for a bit. Then Mika came out!!!!! I waited patiently…

He was so nice!!!!!!!!!! ?

Here’s the convo

Me: Hi Mika!!!

Mika: Hi how are you! I love your shirt it’s brilliant! Did you make that yourself? (then he saw my hula skirt and grab it and laughed at it)

Me: Yeah well you don’t get to dress up like this for normal concerts so we went all out

Then he signed my ticket (I forgot my cd!)

Then he turned to my sister and told her he love her outfit as well!

Mika: Wow your eyelashes are so cool! (She had fake rainbow eyelashes) Close your eyes let me see

My Sister: Thanks!!! Will you sign my ticket stub too?

Mika: Of course

Then my cousins went up and I wasn’t really paying attention to what they were saying but I caught part of the convo from the cousin who’s sun glasses he took

My cousin: Hey man you took my sunglasses

Mika: Hahaha I think they looked good for the whole 30 seconds I wore them! (Big Smile)

My cousin: haha yeah…thank you!!!

Then we was talking to all of us…asking where we were from. And I told him that we were 2 hours away. He asked us who was driving and I told him it was me and he gave me a sympathetic look. He was so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him how I was going to the New York show and he said that was “brilliantâ€

And I told him about how I was coming to the one in New York on Aug 10 but that I would have to leave at 2:30am and he was like…aw you shouldn’t do that, you should get a hotel. I told him I would if I could afford it!

Then we said our goodbyes because there were many other people who were waiting. Mika’s manager took a lot of picture some with the whole fan club that was there, some with just me, my sis, and my cousins. There were these girls there that made a rap about Mika…I don’t remember all of it but it started yo mika, he dances like a freaka…it was cute. He really like the scrapbook and looked through it and stuff!!

It was just a really amazing night!!!!!!!!!!

The music was incredible I wouldn’t change it for the world!

OMG!!! :yay: girls i'm so happy for you!!!! :woot_jump: :woot_jump: you met him! and he's always sooo cute and nice! :wub2: :wub2: