Mika @ Taubertal Festival - Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Germany)

Yoppappop

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm really happy for Mellody and everyone who went there that he showed up:biggrin2: .

Did I actually say something about betting 15 apples that he doesn't play? So, who wants some apples :blink: ?

And my inner voice was right by telling me that he won't cancel because it would have been so easy for me to get there (yes, the voice started to talk right after I've bet the 15 apples) :doh: .

@Violet: Obviously the voices tend to be reliable.

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for reports.

:partytime2:

i'm sooo happy, he kept to what he told me and showed up! i'll love him forever for this!!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2::biggrin2:

and the show was absolutely brilliant, i'd say at least as good as the ibiza one. he had a fantastic time, and so did the crowd. there were some p!nk fans in front of me whom i talked to before the show and they said they can't imagine that mika can be good live, with the high-pitched singing... i told them just wait and see, and later they were cheering, jumping and dancing just like me. :biggrin2:

aaaaand... I MET HIM AGAIN!!! :biggrin2: only really quickly after the show, but still... he stopped again with his car (deja vu, hehe :naughty: ) when he saw me, because i waved to him that i have a present - wasn't anything big, just a little souvenir from munich and a birthday message, but i'm glad that i had it, otherwise he might not have stopped, don't know, but i think he only would've waved to me. anyway so he stopped and turned down the window, he was sitting next to the driver and wore his orange hoodie and looked tired but really cute. he thanked me for the present and also said thanx for turning up, i said thanx for being here, and he wished me a good (or safe? i don't remember) trip home. so it was really quick, but i was happy that he stopped to say hi.

will write more about the show in my next post.

Haha, mellody!

I'm so happy for you that he kept his word, really :biggrin2: I'm quite angry at myself for not having gone, too. It would have been easy. But well, I doubted the Big M's word and that's just what I got for it. Nicely deserved. *bangs head against wall*

Great to read you met him again :original:

:fisch:

'I will paint my picture

Paint myself in blue and red and black and gray

All of the beautiful colors are very very meaningful

Gray is my favorite color

I felt so symbolic yesterday

If I knew Picasso

I would buy myself a gray guitar and play'

there were some p!nk fans in front of me whom i talked to before the show and they said they can't imagine that mika can be good live, with the high-pitched singing... i told them just wait and see, and later they were cheering, jumping and dancing just like me. :biggrin2:

Oh I love to hear that :) I kind of had the same reaction when I saw him live. I knew he could sing because I'd seen him on Jools Holland and I was mad about Grace Kelly in a one-hit wonder kind of way. But man he blew me away when he came on stage.

soo, the show... setlist with holy johnny & i want you back, without happy ending & you got the love. one big girl (who was a bit too big for the blue outfit :bleh: ), 2 lollipop girls, and people in animal costumes (but not mika & band). YAY, so that's the first time i've seen lollipop girls & big girls, on the other shows i saw he never had any! and he stuck out his tongue to me when he saw/recognized me, i think during my interpretation or billy brown. :bleh:

from the valley where the festival took place, you had a beautiful view on the rothenburg castle, and mika said sth like that he feels like in a fairytale, like in a scenery of shrek 3. :lmao: at the beginning of i want you back he danced around with an umbrella (i have that on video, though i didn't film much, was busy with dancing and jumping :bleh: - will put a little "medley" on youtube later). and at the start of holy johnny he joked around with martin again like he did in ibiza, just that it was even funnier this time, you could see that martin really enjoyed himself, he also was in such a brilliant mood for the whole show! so mika said at the beginning of holy johnny sth like "martin, you're going too fast again!" and martin just grinned and went even faster! :naughty: then mika said sth else to him, i don't remember, it was sth like "ok then go", anyway martin then kept on playing really fast and hopped across the stage in the direction of the exit! mirtilla, i'm so sorry i didn't film this for you, but i was busy LMAO!!! this was absolutely hilarious! :lmao: i think the show will be on DVD though (of last year's taubertal festival there was a DVD), or at least on german tv. hope they'll show this part then!

some people had blown up condoms that were flying through the crowd as balloons, and i think martin found this quite funny, anyway he giggled a few times while looking in the crowd when they were flying around, so i think this was the reason.

well and then there was this i'd say 14-year-old boy standing on the shoulders of someone, and mika laughed and said sth like "jesus walked on water and you walk on the crowd", and told him to do it again, but he didn't want to, he just sat on the shoulders then... but then some others tried to do it, too, and mika said "oh look, someone else! let's see how many flying people we can get here!"

when the animals came on stage during lollipop, mika hopped on the back of the rabbit, hmm, i wonder who was in this costume! got that on video. and i caught one of the balloons, hehe! was quite difficult to keep it alive during the p!nk concert, cause everyone was teasing me with their cigarettes and lighters about destroying it, but i managed to bring it home safely. :biggrin2:

oh and i met vonnic, but only after the show, at the backstage entrance, she was with me when mika stopped with the car. vonnic, it was nice to meet you! :-)

the pix i took all turned out blurry, but will see if i can post some, maybe video screenshots. certainly won't be as good as the professional pix, of course. btw, there is another website with a lot of photos, here: http://www.unser-nuernberg.de/index.php?site=galerie&action=pre&catid=68&groupid=29&rubrikid=7

queenie, this little cat (or what was it?) at luke's keyboard in ibiza, was that your present? because it was still there. ;-)

oh and i met vonnic, but only after the show, at the backstage entrance, she was with me when mika stopped in the car. vonnic, it was nice to meet you! :-)

Oh thanks. Nice to meet you, too. :thumb_yello:

I was also there then Mika stopped with the car. But he only stopped for Mellody. :wink2: Thank you, Mellody. So I had the chance to see Mika really near, but I lost my mind in this moment. I wasn't able to say anything. Damn! :thumbdown:

I had so many things to say but they were gone. :blink: Black out! I hope I will get a second chance in Cologne. Or in Munich or wherever I met him again. :shocked:

But I had a great time on the show - my first time I saw Mika live. He was awesome. A really big talent and a fantastic performer. A charismatic person. I want to see him again - so often my time and my money will allow to travel to his gigs.

Oh thanks. Nice to meet you, too. :thumb_yello:

I was also there then Mika stopped with the car. But he only stopped for Mellody. :wink2: Thank you, Mellody. So I had the chance to see Mika really near, but I lost my mind in this moment. I wasn't able to say anything. Damn! :thumbdown:

I had so many things to say but they were gone. :blink: Black out! I hope I will get a second chance in Cologne. Or in Munich or wherever I met him again.

haha, don't worry, i guess he's used to this, same happened to queenie, mirtilla & bq in ibiza, and i was also only stuttering useless stuff yesterday! :naughty: i also wanted to tell him so much, and i just forgot everything the moment i saw him. i think that was also because it all was such a hurry. damn that he likes girls with brains, cause mine stops working every time i see him! :sneaky2: i really have to work on this! guess i need some more practice in meeting him! :bleh:

thanx for the lollipop pix, it's great to see the confetti & balloons from the back! how do you know who was in the costumes?

ooh, and i almost forgot, i finally got to see some verrrry nice sweet dreams hip movements live! :biggrin2: tried to film it, but didn't turn out good, damn, i really hope they will show this on TV or DVD! :naughty: