Poking fun at Jade Goody

Akim

Radio 1 take over 07/05/07:

I actually forgot that he made fun of Jade Goody- I don't think that was nice kind or funny in any way. Mika should know better then to poke fun at somebody else's expense- he himself was a victim once.

Does anyone know if Mika has met Jade Goody or if she has said something about him to provoke this kind of treatment from Mika?

This isn't the first time either:

"Why does anyone want to be like Jade Goody?" Mika Interview Sunday Herald-03/02/07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2007/takeover/

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with anyone poking fun at someone - especially when they are not around to stand up for themselves - but, unfortunately, I think the name "Jade Goody" has become something of ridicule - so he has used the name, as lots of others have!!

who is jade goody?

She was a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother - and was involved in bullying treatment of the Indian Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. It caused a big story in this country - about racism etc.

who is jade goody?

unfortunately (??), if you didn't have the good fortune of watching Big Brother in England, then Jade Goody is hard to explain...

Basically she took part in a reality show- she isn't bright and admits all this- and is "famous" for this. She then took part in "Celebrity Big Brother" and became "famous" for her bullying tactics towards another contestant Shilpa Shetty, who is Indian, and was seen as being racist as well!!! She has apologised but hasn't been well liked because of this...but then again I don't think she was well liked because of her "simple mindedness" either...

Regardless of all this, I think its always better to be the better person and lead by being a good example...

yeh she was on big brother as a nobody , won it (or came 2nd) , the she went on to celebrity bb and made a fool of herself by bullying an Indian actress

She was very much a hate figure

Yeah - thy do we need Google when we have got FREDDIESDOUBLE :thumb_yello:

It's a girl who took part in Big Brother show a few years ago and after coming out of the house did really well for herself, but on a ground that she is really dumb, I mean really thick. I've seen a few shows where they invited her just to ask a few questions and laugh at her inability to answer them - quite a disturbing view, but she didn't seem to mind.... On the other hand, she is pretty easy-going, which (I think) is the reason she was popular with public.

Anyway, this year she was invited back to BB as a celebrity and destroyed her name making some horrible racists comments and bulling a Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty. Shilpa went to win the show, while Jade went into hiding after and even her perfume "Shhh..." (not very nice smell I must say) was taken off the shelves in the shops...

She showed her ugly side and public (understandably) didn't like it. I'm not saying Mika is wright, but being a proud mutt, it probably got his nerve as well.

on a totally off topic front, and I am sorry for that, I have to say I LOVE last quote in your sig, blackwilde. I am gonna save it. I had never noticed it before.

it's very meaningful and I can truly relate to it myself.

thx for bringing it to our attention.

Okay I've read up on this a bit and I'm not really impressed :boxed: Seems she's not a very likeable person, but I'm even less impressed with the fact that Mika seems to have chosen to kick someone who is clearly already on the ground :boxed: That's ´kinda cheap and euhm...not very likeable :blink:

If he said "who wants to be like Jade Goody?" then I think that is a fair enough comment - she was shown to be an unkind person, who picked on someone else because of her colour and background. That is not insulting her - its just saying he does not want to be like her.

Didn't he like pretend to have her on the show? Or have I completely missed the point here? :doh:

I dont know Kata - I am only going by the opening post - if that was all he said - then I kinda agree. If he went on to insult or humiliate her, then yes, I think that is wrong.

I think Mika was referrring to Jade Goody in terms of her position in the celebrity media. Just my view.

Mika always talks about not wanting to be a 'taboidy' person or be well known purely on the strength of media column inches. Jade Goody could be seen to be the antithesis of Mika in this sense.

Didn't he say in a recent interview (can't think which one) "Who wants to be like Jade Goody? Not me" (paraphrasing).

I hope it WASN'T just a dig at Jade Goody for the sake of it (though he wouldn't be the first!).

:roftl: No body seems to get it but in this country the "UK".

Jade Goody a nobody who represents the "BULLY" not to mention racist.

So you seem to have all forgotten that MIKA was bullied and on top of that he is in the minority, in this country, being from the Lebanon as well ~ hell ~ you could be here for 99yrs but still you are not "English" in the eyes of the Jade Goodies!!!

M x x x:wub2:

So you seem to have all forgotten that MIKA was bullied and on top of that he is in the minority, in this country, being from the Lebanon as well ~ hell ~ you could be here for 99yrs but still you are not "English" in the eyes of the Jade Goodies!!!

I have no idea what you are referring to here....but the thread was about Mika making cheap jibes at Jade Goody (whether or not she is, as some people have said: deserving of it) and that is NOT good. You refer to him being bullied- I say that his experience should have taught him that it is not nice being on the receiving end...if anyone wants to listen to the recording I think Sou posted a thread on it, have a listen he pretends that he is speaking to her on the phone and continually makes fun of her...I'll leave it to you to decide- If Mika is being "nice" or "not nice"....

I dont know Kata - I am only going by the opening post - if that was all he said - then I kinda agree. If he went on to insult or humiliate her, then yes, I think that is wrong.

I think Mika was referrring to Jade Goody in terms of her position in the celebrity media. Just my view.

Mika always talks about not wanting to be a 'taboidy' person or be well known purely on the strength of media column inches. Jade Goody could be seen to be the antithesis of Mika in this sense.

Didn't he say in a recent interview (can't think which one) "Who wants to be like Jade Goody? Not me" (paraphrasing).

I hope it WASN'T just a dig at Jade Goody for the sake of it (though he wouldn't be the first!).

You're right, he did say who wants to be a "Jade Goody" I could only reference The Sunday Herald though, but I have read it in numerous places- and I know that papers are always misquoting or exaggerating them- because I'm sure I read somewhere as Mika saying "who wants to be a Jade F***ing Goody"? I reserve judgement on that one. Anyway see this link if you want to listen to the broadcast yourself: Mika - Takeover (Sendspace link)

Mika - Takeover (Zshare Link)

Sou posted this originally.

:blink: she might represent this and that to people who have expearienced her on tv, but she is still a human being :shocked: I might not get it :blink: from what I could find it seems there's open hunt season at the moment, but I would think that someone who has been bullied would think a bit of the consequenses before joining in :blink:

I have no idea what you are referring to here....but the thread was about Mika making cheap jibes at Jade Goody (whether or not she is, as some people have said: deserving of it) and that is NOT good. You refer to him being bullied- I say that his experience should have taught him that it is not nice being on the receiving end...if anyone wants to listen to the recording I think Sou posted a thread on it, have a listen he pretends that he is speaking to her on the phone and continually makes fun of her...I'll leave it to you to decide- If Mika is being "nice" or "not nice"....

:blush-anim-cl: In my humble opinion, I would say he is only having a "bitch" as we all do from time to time, not exactly being "nasty" to her!!

Nobody ever said the "Kid" is perfect!! Don't judge too harshly!:bleh:

Maybe I shouldn't comment on that because I'm not really in the topic (I guess you only are if you have experienced that Jane in the media) but I can imagine that Mika from time to time says or does things he regrets later. We all do, don't we? Maybe it was just a 'brain-off' moment unluckily occuring in public....:blink:

I just think Jade has a lot on her mind. She could possibly have constructive criticisms but has no idea how to go about it - speaks before she thinks, kinda thing, you know?

I don't think she's overall a bad person, just very misunderstood.