Johnny Depp Thread

bee

I saw Sweeney Todd today...

It was AWESOME.

Johnny did really well and I was surprised at his singing. Of course, it didn't blow me away but I was still impressed.

Note to anyone who is squeamish - there is A LOT of blood in this movie, though I think it was meant to look a little fake on purpose. That helped a bit.

Either way, it is a really good movie.

I saw Sweeney Todd today...

It was AWESOME.

Johnny did really well and I was surprised at his singing. Of course, it didn't blow me away but I was still impressed.

Note to anyone who is squeamish - there is A LOT of blood in this movie, though I think it was meant to look a little fake on purpose. That helped a bit.

Either way, it is a really good movie.

OMG, I seriously came home like, ten minutes ago from seeing it!!

I agree with you on everything. Johnny's voice was better than I thought it would be. Gallons of blood, and the first murder is a bit jarring (it's done slowly and they show EVERYTHING) but after that, you tend to get used to it, because there's so much killing, and it's done so casually.

The fake-ish blood did help me get over my fear (I'm the biggest wuss when it comes to horror movies) and you can tell it isn't intended to be a horror movie, but a dark comedy/tragedy.

My brother (who I had to coerce to see it) and I both loved it.

I thought this was a

M I K A

FAN SITE:shocked:

*******************************SPOILER ALERT***********************

OK: I saw "SWEENY TODD" TONIGHT.

(Because BEFORE MIKA, Johnny WAS my FAV)

YOU WILL WANT A DRINK, OR TWO, AFTER YOU SEE IT!

:drink_nl::drinks_wine:

[i had mine with a very sweet boy from NYC at

the bar at "ROCK CREEK" at MAZZA GALLERIE!]

**********************************SPOILER ALERT********************

seriously.

i have heard good things about Sweeney Todd, and well...Jim Sturgess is fiiiiiiiine.:wub2:

it's a win win situation.

I can't see how you could go wrong! Have you seen the trailer for Jim Sturgess's new movie? He fakes an american accent, and I must say, I prefer his natural voice.:boxed:

OK: I saw "SWEENY TODD" TONIGHT.

(Because BEFORE MIKA, Johnny WAS my FAV)

YOU WILL WANT A DRINK, OR TWO, AFTER YOU SEE IT!

:drink_nl::drinks_wine:

[i had mine with a very sweet boy from NYC at

the bar at "ROCK CREEK" at MAZZA GALLERIE!]

A bit too bloody for you?:naughty:

I can't see how you could go wrong! Have you seen the trailer for Jim Sturgess's new movie? He fakes an american accent, and I must say, I prefer his natural voice.:boxed:

A bit too bloody for you?:naughty:

**************************************SPOILER ALERT***********************

My GAWD, Y E S !

There must be (it seemed like) 24 graphic throat slashes,:rip_1:

BUT THEY'RE SINGING ALL THE WHILE!

*************************************SPOILER ALERT************************

pff, i was SUPPOSED to go and see it tonight, but it's not playing anywhere around here. >:|

but, i might end up seeing it tomorrow when i go out of town.

that, or Across the Universe again.

Is Across the Universe still out where you are? :blink:

And I hopefully will get to see Sweeny Todd sometime this week. But tomorrow I'm going to see Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story with my friend. She says we have to see it because the Beatles are in it. Paul Rudd is playing Lennon and Jack Black is playing McCartney apparently. ROFL that should be interesting.

OMG, I seriously came home like, ten minutes ago from seeing it!!

I agree with you on everything. Johnny's voice was better than I thought it would be. Gallons of blood, and the first murder is a bit jarring (it's done slowly and they show EVERYTHING) but after that, you tend to get used to it, because there's so much killing, and it's done so casually.

The fake-ish blood did help me get over my fear (I'm the biggest wuss when it comes to horror movies) and you can tell it isn't intended to be a horror movie, but a dark comedy/tragedy.

My brother (who I had to coerce to see it) and I both loved it.

Oh, I know...the first killing was the worst! Especially when they showed his face while he was hitting him. Also, I guess it's a bit weird seeing one of the well-known actors being killed. Seriously, though, I was a little nervous about the throat slitting but I handled it a lot better than I thought, and you're right, you do get used to it. Although, the thing that bugged me the most was the first guy he killed when he went on the killing spree, when he hit the ground. That was disgusting. And what an ending!

Anyway, I am trying to talk about it without giving anything away. I don't think I did...

Edit: Oh yeah...and I loved the bit where he didn't kill that guy because they weren't alone.

My GAWD, Y E S !

There must be (it seemed like) 24 graphic throat slashes,:rip_1:

BUT THEY'RE SINGING ALL THE WHILE!

:roftl: I saw the play in a local theater a few years ago; it's not nearly as scary as the movie. The throat slashes are almost comical because they're so exaggerated.:naughty:

Oh, I know...the first killing was the worst! Especially when they showed his face while he was hitting him. Also, I guess it's a bit weird seeing one of the well-known actors being killed. Seriously, though, I was a little nervous about the throat slitting but I handled it a lot better than I thought, and you're right, you do get used to it. Although, the thing that bugged me the most was the first guy he killed when he went on the killing spree, when he hit the ground. That was disgusting. And what an ending!

Anyway, I am trying to talk about it without giving anything away. I don't think I did...

Edit: Oh yeah...and I loved the bit where he didn't kill that guy because they weren't alone.

Oh, ick, the way he landed on his neck? *shudders*

That was awful, and nothing prepares you for it. And they just kept falling that way for the rest of the movie!

I also liked the part where the guy was spared too. My personal favorite part of the movie was Mrs. Lovett's daydream about the seaside. He looks so miserable!:naughty: