This picture is really beautiful, thank you!:wub2:

I want his scarf. :)

I`m in the Rufusian mood these days.. I have the album "Release the Stars" on reapeat..

"I'm gonna make it up for all of the Sunday Times

I'm gonna make it up for all of the nursery rhymes

They never really seem to want to tell the truth"

"Tell me do you really think you go to hell for having loved?"

Aaaah!

That's one of my fave Rufus songs, REBEKA. His voice on that song is simply gorgeous.

Ahoy Mandilambi! Right, it`s a superb song, also its video is extraordinary though a bit morbid (making me like it even more).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIsQo4K70Y

Have you ever seen Rufus perform live? Me not. I hate crowds (social phobia) so I usually don`t attend big concerts, Mika is an exception. But Rufus probably performs only in small venues, I don`t know but his music is like chamber music so I cannot imagine it in a huge stadion. Mika is more universal in this I think, probably he`ll be cool also in a huge stadion (though I`m not going to Paris, I`m doing Amsterdam in July, it is open-space so I should cope with the crowd better I hope, or someone from MFC will have to hold my hand :cool:).

Also I usually listen to Rufus in the evening, in melancholic moods.. But to Mika I can listen any time, he`s great even in the morning. I can listen to Mika when I`m happy or sad, it plays some of my strings anyway somehow. When I`m happy -> I`m happier, when I`m sad -> I bear the sadness better.

Mika had a similiar eye:

rufus_wainwright_5125975.jpg

Ahoy Mandilambi! Right, it`s a superb song, also its video is extraordinary though a bit morbid (making me like it even more).

Have you ever seen Rufus perform live? Me not. I hate crowds (social phobia) so I usually don`t attend big concerts, Mika is an exception. But Rufus probably performs only in small venues, I don`t know but his music is like chamber music so I cannot imagine it in a huge stadion. Mika is more universal in this I think, probably he`ll be cool also in a huge stadion (though I`m not going to Paris, I`m doing Amsterdam in July, it is open-space so I should cope with the crowd better I hope, or someone from MFC will have to hold my hand :cool:).

Also I usually listen to Rufus in the evening, in melancholic moods.. But to Mika I can listen any time, he`s great even in the morning. I can listen to Mika when I`m happy or sad, it plays some of my strings anyway somehow. When I`m happy -> I`m happier, when I`m sad -> I bear the sadness better.

Mika had a similiar eye:

I'll be there for you, as always!:huglove:

Have you seen that great show he made with the Judy Garland theme?:wink2:

I'll be there for you, as always!:huglove:

Have you seen that great show he made with the Judy Garland theme?:wink2:

Thank you, dear Sienna :wub2: I will hold on to you then (as before).

No, not yet, but I will search it on Youtube (if you hava a good link, please post it here).

Thank you, dear Sienna :wub2: I will hold on to you then (as before).

No, not yet, but I will search it on Youtube (if you hava a good link, please post it here).

I didn't find so much, from here you can download the soundtrack:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3922881/Rufus_Wainwright_Does_Judy_Garland_At_Carnegie_Hall_256kbs

This is just short clips from You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuUxhRJ44g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrnT2VEsuHc&feature=related

In the last one his mum is playing the piano!:wub2:

Mika had a similiar eye:

I have seen Rufus live and I would recommend you seeing him. When I saw him, the crowd was quite laid back and I think he does more "formal" shows than anything else. Certainly no crowd surfing and the like. lol :)

I think it would be worth it for you to check out his live act if he comes around where you live!

That is so very true!!!

You met him?!? You are so incredibly lucky!!! What was he like?!?

He was very lovely and wanted to take pics with me and Anzuzu. My report is somewhere in this thread. :wink2: I gave him a cartoon of himself as a hobbit and he loved it! :naughty: (Look at my signature pic.)

No crowd surfing indeed. We had sitting places, but we didn't sit the whole time although we were told to do so by the security. :naughty:

Haha, that last pic! :lmao:

His voice is gorgeous on every song! :glasses3:

I still can't believe I met that guy! :wub2::punk:

Think about Kulttuuritalo and those legs... :roftl: Well, I'm happy we got at least the red pants. :naughty:

And the yellow shirt! :naughty: I was expecting to see him dressed as a wizard though. :kaf: I guess that wouldn't have been appropriate at the House of Culture. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

And I expected big green silk shirt! :lmfao: We obviously don't get what we expect, don't we? :naughty:

I didn't find so much, from here you can download the soundtrack:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3922881/Rufus_Wainwright_Does_Judy_Garland_At_Carnegie_Hall_256kbs

This is just short clips from You Tube:

In the last one his mum is playing the piano!:wub2:

Thanks, Sienna!

I have seen Rufus live and I would recommend you seeing him. When I saw him, the crowd was quite laid back and I think he does more "formal" shows than anything else. Certainly no crowd surfing and the like. lol :)

I think it would be worth it for you to check out his live act if he comes around where you live!

..which I doubt. I live in Slovakia and he is not very known here, I searched all over the capital city and they don`t sell his music in music shops, I had to order it on the net.

But I`d love to see him perform once..

He was very lovely and wanted to take pics with me and Anzuzu. My report is somewhere in this thread. :wink2: I gave him a cartoon of himself as a hobbit and he loved it! :naughty: (Look at my signature pic.)

Oh my goodness...sounds like such a nice man.:wink2:

he is an amazing writer, and performer. and you know what...i dont care if he's gay, if i had the chance...i'd marry him.

I`m reading through the thread and this just made me laugh (-:

Cute!:wink2:

And singing in French:

:mf_lustslow:

I have always liked the music I heard from him so far (though he is basically unknown in my country) but now I think I am about to become a fan!

I'll go and search for more... :blush-anim-cl: