...I wonder if he'll sing April Fools. :naughty:

Have fun :thumb_yello: Wish I was going again :(

Thanks, we will. That's what I've been wondering too. If he takes requests I'm going to ask for that. :naughty:

By the way, I hope I'll meet him after the concert AND that he has a good sense of humor. :blink::roftl: I have a little surprise... :fisch:

Only three hours to go before the concert starts... :groupwave:

Rufus said in today's newspaper that he's going to sing lots of songs from every album of his and also some soundtrack songs. YAY! We're gonna have a blaaaaaaaaast! :wub2:

Rufus was amazing last night. It was just him with the piano and the guitar on stage! :wub2: He talked a lot! He indeed sang songs from every album and one new one that I don't know... and April Fools of course! :naughty: And we met him after the show!!! I introduced myself, shook hands with him and gave him a silly drawing of him as a hobbit and he liked it, a-ha-ha! :lmao: I must admit that I was slightly worried about giving it to him, 'cause I had no idea what he thinks of gifts from the fans, but I'm glad I was brave enough to take my chances and his sense of humor appeared to be good enough. :naughty:

rufus.jpg

Is there anybody else who is a member of his fan forum? I joined it today and started immediately promote Mika.

I joined too and noticed that some people hate Mika there. That makes me even more eager to talk about Mika there - just like I talk about Rufus and Palladium on here!

Which forum? His official one or the unofficial fan forum? I'm a member of the former. :thumb_yello:

Rufus was amazing last night. It was just him with the piano and the guitar on stage! :wub2: He talked a lot! He indeed sang songs from every album and one new one that I don't know... and April Fools of course! And we met him after the show!!! I introduced myself, shook hands with him and gave him a silly drawing of him as a hobbit and he liked it, a-ha-ha! I must admit that I was slightly worried about giving it to him, 'cause I had no idea what he thinks of gifts from the fans, but I'm glad I was brave enough to take my chances and his sense of humor appeared to be good enough. :naughty:

rufus.jpg

Details please, we want detaaaaails.

:woot_jump:

P.S. I love your drawing. Lederhosen. :wub2: (Of course he liked a drawing of himself as a present, he's a bit vain. :naughty:)

Rufus was amazing last night. It was just him with the piano and the guitar on stage! :wub2: He talked a lot! He indeed sang songs from every album and one new one that I don't know... and April Fools of course! :naughty: And we met him after the show!!! I introduced myself, shook hands with him and gave him a silly drawing of him as a hobbit and he liked it, a-ha-ha! I must admit that I was slightly worried about giving it to him, 'cause I had no idea what he thinks of gifts from the fans, but I'm glad I was brave enough to take my chances and his sense of humor appeared to be good enough. :naughty:

rufus.jpg

How come could he NOT have liked your drawing? :wink2:

It's nice as always! :thumb_yello:

Details please, we want detaaaaails.

I second that...:mf_rosetinted:

I'm still on cloud nine. :harp:

Like a said he performed on his own for the whole time, starting from Grey Gardens and ending with Foolish Love. It lasted for about an hour and a half. He talked a lot between the songs and made jokes. He told us how he once almost performed in Finland. Apparently he was supposed to open for Sting and didn't get to do it because Sting got ill. So he went to stare at fat swans instead. :naughty: I think that was an April Fools Day's joke or he messed up with countries as I've heard that he really opened for Sting here four years ago.

He asked us how to say 'thank you' in Finnish. He kept saying 'kilos' although it's 'kiitos'! He wanted us to sing the ending of Sanssouci, and I filmed that! :lmfao: He told the story behind Gay Messiah which I also filmed right after Sanssouci. Oh and he sang This Love Affair... SO beautiful. He kept talking about Sibelius because he's a big fan and told us TLA is such a Sibelius rip off (joke of course). "I'm glad he's not here!" And he mentioned something about having listened to symphonies on acid: "And that's why I'm wearing this shirt." And told his pants were orange although they clearly were red. He pretended he didn't remember the lyrics for Want and said "let's sing a funny song about death" when he was starting Matinee Idol. Stuff like that. He sang 11:11 which he hadn't sung for two years and I was in heaven again. :shocked: I think I was there through the concert. He sang a new song but I don't know what it's called. That was the first show of the new tour so he was apparently allowed to make many mistakes. :naughty: But he did brilliant anyway! The audience were really great, we clapped standing and once a security guy/woman yelled us "sit down".

After the show we went outside and Anzuzu wanted to get a taxi, but didn't get it instantly. Good for us, because she soon noticed the red pants so we were the first to meet him! He had his pen ready and asked people what they wanted him to sign. He was so nice. We took pics with him and of him and swapped cameras constantly. Rufus was amused by the fact that I had made him look like a hobbit and thanked me twice. He also asked if the drawing was for him to keep when I had already given it to him. So thoughtful of him! No-one can ever thank me as much as Rufio Sandilands though. (Palladium's keyboardist.) His record is hard to break, hahahaa! When Rufus left we played the Queen of England and waved to him like we did to Mika at Hammersmith!

Oh, and I was going to put my MySpace url behind the drawing so he could look for more if he wanted... But I forgot. Well, I guess that would have been too extreme anyway. :naughty:

To Scut Monkey: we're on his official forum. Can you give the link to the unofficial please? It might be even better, like this is better than Mika's official forum, hehe!

I'm still on cloud nine. :harp:

Like a said he performed on his own for the whole time, starting from Grey Gardens and ending with Foolish Love. It lasted for about an hour and a half. He talked a lot between the songs and made jokes. He told us how he once almost performed in Finland. Apparently he was supposed to open for Sting and didn't get to do it because Sting got ill. So he went to stare at fat swans instead. :naughty: I think that was an April Fools Day's joke or he messed up with countries as I've heard that he really opened for Sting here four years ago.

He asked us how to say 'thank you' in Finnish. He kept saying 'kilos' although it's 'kiitos'! He wanted us to sing the ending of Sanssouci, and I filmed that! :lmfao: He told the story behind Gay Messiah which I also filmed right after Sanssouci. Oh and he sang This Love Affair... SO beautiful. He kept talking about Sibelius because he's a big fan and told us TLA is such a Sibelius rip off (joke of course). "I'm glad he's not here!" And he mentioned something about having listened to symphonies on acid: "And that's why I'm wearing this shirt." And told his pants were orange although they clearly were red. He pretended he didn't remember the lyrics for Want and said "let's sing a funny song about death" when he was starting Matinee Idol. Stuff like that. He sang 11:11 which he hadn't sung for two years and I was in heaven again. :shocked: I think I was there through the concert. He sang a new song but I don't know what it's called. That was the first show of the new tour so he was apparently allowed to make many mistakes. But he did brilliant anyway! The audience were really great, we clapped standing and once a security guy/woman yelled us "sit down".

After the show we went outside and Anzuzu wanted to get a taxi, but didn't get it instantly. Good for us, because she soon noticed the red pants so we were the first to meet him! He had his pen ready and asked people what they wanted him to sign. He was so nice. We took pics with him and of him and swapped cameras constantly. Rufus was amused by the fact that I had made him look like a hobbit and thanked me twice. He also asked if the drawing was for him to keep when I had already given it to him. So thoughtful of him! No-one can ever thank me as much as Rufio Sandilands though. (Palladium's keyboardist.) His record is hard to break, hahahaa! When Rufus left we played the Queen of England and waved to him like we did to Mika at Hammersmith!

Oh, and I was going to put my MySpace url behind the drawing so he could look for more if he wanted... But I forgot. Well, I guess that would have been too extreme anyway. :naughty:

To Scut Monkey: we're on his official forum. Can you give the link to the unofficial please? It might be even better, like this is better than Mika's official forum, hehe!

KILOS, Marianne :naughty:

Lovely report of a lovely night it seems! :thumb_yello:

Does anyone know a good FREE programme that I could download and use to edit videos? I need to resize them and cut a little. I have Sanssouci, Gay Messiah an 11:11 which I want to show to you! The sound is good! :punk:

• 2 weeks later...
I just wrote a MySpace blog (with some pictures) about Rufus' fabulous gig in Helsinki. Feel free to take a look. :thumb_yello:

The embarrassing true is that the whole myspace thing is a bit of a mystery to me!:blush-anim-cl:

So please, is there a link?:wink2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...