Okay, no problem... though it'll also be a list, I can't choose a single very best song, they all are unique in their own way. I'll list them chronologically (looking to the MP3 folder, not to miss anything :biggrin2: )

April Fools

Imaginary Love

California

One Man Guy (I know it's Loudon's song but it just suits Rufus so much)

The Tower of Learning

I Don't Know What It Is

14th Street (one of the most loved)

11:11 (erm, maybe this one is the best after all :biggrin2: )

The One You Love

The Art Teacher (well, of course))

Going To A Town

Rules And Regulations

The Dream

And, as I already said, I really really like the way he did He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother, I love it soooo much, as well as Across The Universe. Not to mention that the absolute majority knows Rufus only for his version of Hallelujah... well, he is obviously very good at covers :wink2:

At the moment I'm really obsessed with

Beauty Mark (can't stop listening to it :wub2:)

The Art Teacher

and

Going To Town (one of my all time favorites)

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk was the reason I bought his albums in the beginning, and I still love it.

ok... I'm new to this forum... but surprise, surprise... I like Zebulon :biggrin2:..... the beauty of the lyric... 'my mother's in the hospital... my sisters at the opera... etc.'

just slays me...

:wub2::wub2:

Rufus' Prima Donna documentary that was previously on Sundance is coming out on DVD tomorrow. Well technically today. Tuesday. :biggrin2:

I work at a CD/DVD store and we only got one copy in... and it's MINE! ha.

I'm going nuts with him releasing all these tour dates and none in my driving range. I keep getting the emails "NEW DATES!" and then keep getting disappointed. Still hope though! xo

The Art Teacher

and

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk was the reason I bought his albums in the beginning, and I still love it.

Going To a Town is also my favourite...but of course I love many other songs, too.

Do we have any Canadians here - anyone from the Toronto? Just wondering if anyone was going to the North American Premier of Prima Donna this week? :yay:

I am here, but the tickets were outrageously priced so I passed. :aah:

I decided to go to a gig instead and it was wonderful. I am terribly jetlagged and almost fell asleep to his soothing dulcet tones. :teehee: It was so dark and intense and there were half-closed eyes projected onto the screen. Along with the lullabyes it was a conspiracy to make sure I couldn't stay awake. The guy behind us started to snore at one point. :roftl:

Yes - the opera tickets for the Luminato Festival were very pricey :shocked:

And don't feel bad - I think Rufus' huge blinking eyes are subliminal messages to put weary audience members to sleep :wink2: Had a similar jet-lagged experience my first time seeing it :blush-anim-cl:

Yes - the opera tickets for the Luminato Festival were very pricey :shocked:

And don't feel bad - I think Rufus' huge blinking eyes are subliminal messages to put weary audience members to sleep :wink2: Had a similar jet-lagged experience my first time seeing it :blush-anim-cl:

Oh did you fly to see him? I only do that for Mika. I went to the states to see Paolo Nutini once, but Buffalo is only a 90 minute drive from here so it's not really a big deal. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

The Art Teacher

and

i'm obsessed with cigarettes and chocolate milk, have been for a few months, and came here to find some other song titles that i might enjoy based on this (some of his songs aren't quite for me...).

i'll start with your list, thanks tiibet!!:wink2:

koolj5 - do you have any of his CDs? If not - the one I recommend the most as an intro is Want One...

I love all of his CDs of course, but think this one is the most approachable - it's more heavily orchestrated than some of his others... lots of pop-styled tunes that I'd bet you'd like :thumb_yello:

Don't know where you are from - but around here - it's not the easiest to find in the record stores (I live in a smaller town America :blush-anim-cl:)

It's on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Want-One-Rufus-Wainwright/dp/B0000C7PSW

koolj5 - do you have any of his CDs? If not - the one I recommend the most as an intro is Want One...

I love all of his CDs of course, but think this one is the most approachable - it's more heavily orchestrated than some of his others... lots of pop-styled tunes that I'd bet you'd like :thumb_yello:

thank you!! will definitely look into it!

it's really hard to judge songs from the few seconds you hear on itunes or ilike...:aah:

but i love cigarette and chocolate SO much that i'm certain there must be more that i would like...:blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Rufus last night with Loudon in Brooklyn - was a fabulous show... and he finished up with a Judy medley --- here's a video if you'd like to see.. the lighting resulted in not the greatest visual quality - but the audio is there :wink2: