"Mika Saddened By Loss of Private Life"

Just received this e-mail tonight 05/16/07 @12:20 a.m. from contactmusic.com :

"British pop star MIKA is having trouble coping with the demands of fame - he has been forced to sacrifice his private life. The Grace Kelly star insists he has to concentrate on his music-making skills instead of finding time to enjoy his celebrity status. He says, "It's sad but I just don't have a private life anymore. I have to focus on my music and I have absolutely no time for anything else."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received this e-mail tonight 05/16/07 @12:20 a.m. from contactmusic.com :

"British pop star MIKA is having trouble coping with the demands of fame - he has been forced to sacrifice his private life. The Grace Kelly star insists he has to concentrate on his music-making skills instead of finding time to enjoy his celebrity status. He says, "It's sad but I just don't have a private life anymore. I have to focus on my music and I have absolutely no time for anything else."

Oh ... thanks for posting that ... i am sad for him too on that level ... unfortunately , it's what the world we live in does to successful, high profile people :thumbdown: I hope it doesn't shut him down too much ... 7 I TRULY HOPE the way we are on the MFC is OK for him :mf_rosetinted: I'd fell terrible if it wasn't .:blink: :blink:

Another of those stories for the sake of a story?

I am sure he has said this, but it's probably out of context.

I am also sure he knew what he was getting into and expected it to turn out like this, that's why I say it's probably out of context.

Oh ... thanks for posting that ... i am sad for him too on that level ... unfortunately , it's what the world we live in does to successful, high profile people :thumbdown: I hope it doesn't shut him down too much ... 7 I TRULY HOPE the way we are on the MFC is OK for him :mf_rosetinted: I'd fell terrible if it wasn't .:blink: :blink:

Yeah, you and me both - it is so bizarre but I was talking with someone else just tonite on another thread about the downward spiral of celebrities - now I'm feeling incredibly spooked! This happens to me all the time - like self-fulfilled prophecy..... I would be so horribly choked if something terrible happened to Mika, of all people!!! No, no, it's gonna be okay, right???? By the way, I LOVE your name, my cat's name is Cali.....

What does it mean? that they push him to go to parties and celeb appearances? this i understand is not what he likes, and i agree with him.

or interviews/tv programmes/radio broadcastings? this, i mean, is part of his artistic job... so he has to face it, even if it takes time.

i'm afraid that too much touring takes to this, no time for anything else... and he's making really a lot of concerts!!!

so, what can we expect and wish??? more Mika for us but problems with his life, or less Mika for us (and more new songs...maybe) and a more relaxed life for him?

to be or not to be, that is the question! :mf_rosetinted:

( i don't have an answer myself......:blink: )

Yeah, you and me both - it is so bizarre but I was talking with someone else just tonite on another thread about the downward spiral of celebrities - now I'm feeling incredibly spooked! This happens to me all the time - like self-fulfilled prophecy..... I would be so horribly choked if something terrible happened to Mika, of all people!!! No, no, it's gonna be okay, right???? By the way, I LOVE your name, my cat's name is Cali.....

yes, as Babspanky says ... it's prob all fine :biggrin2: Oh & thanks re: my name !! I like yours too & it is so unique !!

I am also sure he knew what he was getting into and expected it to turn out like this, that's why I say it's probably out of context.

you wise bab! :biggrin2: thanks, you always say something sharp...:thumb_yello:

Even if he didn't use those precise words, this must have a large element of truth in it - think about it:

I wrote an article on the bloggers' site 'Helium' about Mika, in which I mentioned that a ticket like the one I had purchased for his Kokos concert a few weeks before the show for less than £13 was being touted outside on the night for £150 because of the chart success in the meantime.

It was a sudden and meteoric transformation, which must have proved to be a hard transition - I think that a lot of media attention doesn't sit well with everyone...you get treated like a commodity, I guess - just another 'celebrity' for them to dig their teeth into...

I think this forum is a great idea because it can be seen who the true fans are, and the true fans will respect his privacy, because he still has the right to a private life.

I am sooooo sure that Mika knew what he was getting into when he signed on for this job! Of course there is a certain percentage of this that is papparazzi influence - there always is! From now on, everything he says, does, thinks, drinks, ingests, breathes, etc.etc. (I'm not gonna get that graphic!) is gonna be fair game for the press. That's the way it is when you're a star. He can sneeze and tomorrow in the press it's pneumonia. You get the drill. So let's all save the tears for something that really warrants it. Although, to be REALLY honest, when I saw the headline, I thought my heart was gonna jump outta my chest! I really thought there was a death in the family or something. I really hate these f******g guys - they just play on our emotions to sell their freakin' stories!!!!!

This isn't really so bad. All he's saying is that he's been so busy with his professional duties that he's had no time for himself. We've all known this anyway--I've been telling people over and over how I can't believe the intensity of his schedule. He has gigs booked up solid through the whole summer, and on the days he isn't performing, he'd doing tv appearances, and he does interviews before both. To add to that, he's somehow still practicing and releasing and recording new songs, AND he has that art exhibition with Da Wack.

That is an immense amount of work! Of course he has no time-no-one could possibly do all that and have any time for a "private life" left. Heck, most people couldn't manage to do it at all. Mika has incredible energy and stamina, but of course this will still make him tired.

The good news then, is that as soon as he is done with the tour, he can choose to take a break if he wants to. This is in fact within his control (heck, technically he could even do what Lily Allen did and cancel some shows--we would all be incredibly disappointed, but it's not like it's not possible). However, I don't think he'll need to do that. He seems to enjoy performing, and sure, it's too bad that he doesn't have time for anything else, but this is a choice he's making. As long as this is still his choice, it's not tragic, it's just a kind of "oh... well, guess you can't have everything" situation.

--Jack

I don't even doubt it, Mika did know this would happen... Man still has a right to be sad about it!! :punk:

I wrote an article on the bloggers' site 'Helium' about Mika, in which I mentioned that a ticket like the one I had purchased for his Kokos concert a few weeks before the show for less than £13 was being touted outside on the night for £150 because of the chart success in the meantime.

Ew, I think that's nasty... :boxed:

I think this forum is a great idea because it can be seen who the true fans are, and the true fans will respect his privacy, because he still has the right to a private life.

Yeh, the forum rocks... I hope Mika still has time (another thing we are demanding his time for :blush-anim-cl: ) to read and notice, we are here supporting him every day!!

Even though this was taken out of context (I agree on that with you, babs) - honestly: is there anything surprising about this statement? It's the price of fame and Mika often says that what he is doing now is exactly what he had planned to do ages ago. I consider him quite bright and therefore I don't think this is making him keel over now.

Nontheless this makes me even more stick to my (maybe extreme) opinion considering paparazzi stuff...:thumbdown:

What does it mean? that they push him to go to parties and celeb appearances? this i understand is not what he likes, and i agree with him.

or interviews/tv programmes/radio broadcastings? this, i mean, is part of his artistic job... so he has to face it, even if it takes time.

i'm afraid that too much touring takes to this, no time for anything else... and he's making really a lot of concerts!!!

so, what can we expect and wish??? more Mika for us but problems with his life, or less Mika for us (and more new songs...maybe) and a more relaxed life for him?

to be or not to be, that is the question! :mf_rosetinted:

( i don't have an answer myself......:blink: )

I SAY LESS MIKA FOR US!!!!

if that what will give him more peace and quiet :(

i hope its not that bad.... i hope this long tour will b over and that he get some rest for awhile!!!

the tour is wild! so many shows for so long! *hugs mika*

i hope its not that bad.... i hope this long tour will b over and that he get some rest for awhile!!!

you know what Sivan? everyone of us wants her/his little piece of mika alive in her/his country...and there are pll who will not see him at all!

as far as i know, he'll be STILL touring in october (italy)...so..when is the end of this?

he's young and strong...hold on mika!

Jack has basically just said everything I was going to say............thanks Jaqck, saves me a lot of typing!

It is an unbelievable schedual at the moment, everyone wants a bit of Mika.......and even though he is young and fit he can't keep this pace up forever.

It is very sad that these days the media seem to think they have the right to access every aspect of a persons life when of course they don't.

One point though. Please Mika..........DON'T cancel tonights gig!

Yes Sivan, I agree with you! If he needs more time off he should take it...no matter what...

I understand that it must be really hard for him to cope with this sudden popularity ALL OVER THE WORLD!....Is there a place where nobody will recognize him? I doubt it...

I mean...Of corse he's living his dream....but there are always things which don't really fit in this dream.

I also hope that after the tour he'll have some days off in order to relax and recover a bit!

you know what Sivan? everyone of us wants her/his little piece of mika alive in her/his country...and there are pll who will not see him at all!

as far as i know, he'll be STILL touring in october (italy)...so..when is the end of this?

he's young and strong...hold on mika!

yeah ok!!! ofcouse i cant wait to see his show!!!

and i hope EVERYONE get to see him.... but i want mika to b happy!!!

im ok with not seeing him live on june if it means he will b more happy!

but i think he will b more happy coming and seeing me ;) right??

ill b front row! clapping and giving him the strength!!!

my hug after the show will def give him the strength to go all the way to october ;) DONT WORRY! ;)

Even though this was taken out of context (I agree on that with you, babs) - honestly: is there anything surprising about this statement? It's the price of fame and Mika often says that what he is doing now is exactly what he had planned to do ages ago. I consider him quite bright and therefore I don't think this is making him keel over now.

Nontheless this makes me even more stick to my (maybe extreme) opinion considering paparazzi stuff...:thumbdown:

Totally agree VS, if you believe reports he has had this planned since he was a teenager.

I also agree about the paparazzi stuff, I have to admit if it is in front of me I will probably read it, but I would rather it wasn't in front of me in the first place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by violet_sky

Nontheless this makes me even more stick to my (maybe extreme) opinion considering paparazzi stuff...

Totally agree VS, if you believe reports he has had this planned since he was a teenager.

I also agree about the paparazzi stuff, I have to admit if it is in front of me I will probably read it, but I would rather it wasn't in front of me in the first place!

I totally agree with you guys... I heard him say that he only wanted to be famous, to get like really famous. So he can't say he didn't know this was gonna happen.

Well thats why he will get paid so much money, cause thats part of the job, not for everyone. Nurses for example do a far more important job and get paid not even a slice of what he'll earn. I don have any sympathy for him. His career is his choice, he doesnt have to follow this path but if he does he should take it like a man! Although I do think that many celebs have their livies invaded too much, but then as i already said that is why the money is so good? I wouldnt want it:blink: But then I am a talentless mother of two:roftl:

Additionally, in that early London Paper interview, just as Grace Kelly was first about to be released, he said that people have been warning him about the pressures of hype and the demands of sudden fame, but even though he knows it may be a lot to deal with, he thinks he's well equipped to handle it and he isn't worried. So he definitely went into this with his eyes open! And as long as he's still having a good time (which he certainly seems to be), good for him!

Plus unlike some other popstars, he's got a great relationship with his family, and they are always there to support him and ground him and hold him up. I think it's wonderful how they come to all his gigs and how he includes them in what he is doing--this way, even though he's working all the time, he still remains very connected to that at least. He's very lucky in that, and smart too.

--Jack

this doesn't really surprise me much! it's amazing the amount of gigs he plays... his days only have 24 hours too so it's normal that he doesn't do much else...

he should take more breaks, he won't be able to do this for years...