1. 1. Good Looks vs Good Personality

• Great Looks
    • Great Personality

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually found that what I think of someone's personality alters what I think of their looks. For example, I might not particularly care for someone's looks initially, but if I grow to like them and respect them enough, I'll think they're good-looking. If, on the other hand, I dislike their personality enough, I'll think of them as ugly!

Also, I've found that my biggest and longest-lasting crushes and obsessions have been based on personality... those can last for years, while the ones based on looks can end within a day!

So yeah. Personality is most important for me. :cheerful_h4h:

This doesn't mean that certain other things aren't also important, though... like the person has to wash regularly and stuff! (obviously *LOL* ) XD Scruffy can be cool, but stinky never is. :puke:

This is a generalisation, but -

I think everyone strives for love and attention. Good looking people get a lot more of that for free. Sometimes they are so good looking everyone just wants them to sit still and be admired, not speak and interrupt the picture.

People with lesser looks have to work out other strategies to get the love and attention, which might mean going funny, or artistic, or intelligent, or just weird and interesting.

Mika seems to win both ways, because his level of looks would normally mean

that he automatically was given the love, but his changing countries and not fitting in at school meant that he had to find another path and develop his personality to survive.

This is all an extreme generalisation, and I resepct that people with Mika level of artistic talent (music and art) will always need to express it, but us lesser mortals tend to go where we are driven.

There is a joke about:

"Do you have a really great personality?'

"Yes"

"Wow, you must be really ugly!"

which always fit me a bit too well...

I've actually found that what I think of someone's personality alters what I think of their looks. For example, I might not particularly care for someone's looks initially, but if I grow to like them and respect them enough, I'll think they're good-looking. If, on the other hand, I dislike their personality enough, I'll think of them as ugly!

Also, I've found that my biggest and longest-lasting crushes and obsessions have been based on personality... those can last for years, while the ones based on looks can end within a day!

So yeah. Personality is most important for me. :cheerful_h4h:

This doesn't mean that certain other things aren't also important, though... like the person has to wash regularly and stuff! (obviously *LOL* ) XD Scruffy can be cool, but stinky never is. :puke:

I agree that personality has a great influence on the looks!

DEFINATELY PERSONALITY!!!!!!!! IN ANYONE, ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he had the most admirable and wonderful personality on earth, but were the ugliest guy ever, i would still be madly in love with him!!!!!!!! yes ok, looks is a bonus, a little sumthin extra......

personality most definately!!!!!!! <333333

it is peronality every time....personality is what makes a person...and i actually believe if you have a great personality, you walk tall, therefore you have the confidence and the looks...

Personality definately.

I read this in a magazine once, its very random but I guess it kinda sums it up:

"If you marry someone just because they are good looking, in 50 years time when their looks have faded what will you have left? Nothing. Personality never fades."

:biggrin2:

Personality definately.

I read this in a magazine once, its very random but I guess it kinda sums it up:

"If you marry someone just because they are good looking, in 50 years time when their looks have faded what will you have left? Nothing. Personality never fades."

:biggrin2:

I vote for personality, but i dont believe in this "50 years from now" thing! Personality matters right here right now:biggrin2:

Truly, the both but a nice personality can be very attractive and makes someone sexy!!!

Charisma is sexy!!!!

that's exactly what i said a few posts earlier....great personality makes one feel positive and walk tall....and feel good about oneself..so this is bount to be much more attractive to others than the obvious....

Its about the union of personality, spirit and looks for me, a person does not have to be classical beautiful, in fact i find unusual men more good looking. But i think looks matter, i mean you have to fancy him or her right, but I think that the way a person is as a whole affects how they look physically. For example I have a friend, not a close one but i know him and he has no arms but i dont really notice as he is has very kind eyes and is very witty. Obviously I am aware of it but it doesnt define him or affect how i see him...Of course i have metioned it here but think it is a good way to explain a point...:blink:

So looks matter to me as much as the rest of the person, Look at the whole picture...I mean some ppl arent naturally funny or outgoing, some ppl arent naturally beautiful, to discriminate against one is the same as the other to me...A personality is partly predisposed just as looks are :biggrin2: So anyway I cant vote:blink: