Help Mika get to sleep!

mouselle

There seem to be a significant number of posts about how Mika should get some more rest, so I decided to start this thread to give him the benefit of our collective wisdom.

Any tips on how to get to sleep in a strange place, or on a plane etc would be great, so he can try a few for himself!

My own tip is:

Take your own pillow! With the amount of luggage that has to travel with you everywhere, one pillow won't make much of a difference, but there is great joy in sleeping on a consistent comfortable pillow.

Anyone got any others? Please share with Mika!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...sleeping tablets?

...knocking yourself out with a frying pan?

LOL. Sorry, this is the tiredness talking *haha how ironic*

errrm. well. taking a bath before you go to bed is one way, but not very good if you're on a plane.

errrrrm. i dont recommend counting sheep. it always somehow wanders off into a story.

well it does with me anyway.

ho-hum. I've no idea.

Sleeping tablets it is! :thumb_yello:

sometimes if one`s too exhausted they really cant` fall asleep. Happens a lot to me,after some hard sessions at the pool I feel beat but can`t fall asleep. a friend once told me to close my eyes and picture a dark tunnel thru wich I am going at firtst at low speed than faster. It really puts you to sleep :D

It's maybe childish and silly but what helps me to sleep when I lie awake and can't sleep because my thoughts are spinning in my head I listen to audiobooks. I love Mary Poppins, it always helps. Not kidding. That's my confession. (Can't be worse than the underwear...LOL)

this might sound a bit weird but

traditional chinese music turned down really low lie back close your eyes and you will wake up a few hours later, believe me it works better than any pill ive tried for sleeping! for a start the quality of sleep is better!

i dont know if this will sound weird but i have a meditation tape and it plays really soothing music.. i got it for a grieving purpose but it was so soothing i almost fell asleep but i guess that was the purpose so i would get my mind off the person i was grieving.....