How to describe Mika to those unaware?

So I was writing in my personal blog about my newfound Mika passion, and tried to find the words to describe Mika to those who are, sadly, as yet unaware of him and his music. I settled on:

"Who is Mika? Take a blender. Throw in a bit of the BeeGees, a splash of Elton John, a touch of Darren Hayes, a dollop of Freddie Mercury, and a cup or so of something totally and exquisitely unique. Hit 'puree', and pour out a watercolor palette of aural fantasmic-ness. In tight orange pants."

What do you guys think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lion Tamer
So I was writing in my personal blog about my newfound Mika passion, and tried to find the words to describe Mika to those who are, sadly, as yet unaware of him and his music. I settled on:

"Who is Mika? Take a blender. Throw in a bit of the BeeGees, a splash of Elton John, a touch of Darren Hayes, a dollop of Freddie Mercury, and a cup or so of something totally and exquisitely unique. Hit 'puree', and pour out a watercolor palette of aural fantasmic-ness. In tight orange pants."

What do you guys think?

mm, mmm good - I'll drink it!:

What do you guys think?

Darren Hayes. I used to like him. Still do

I went on his space and he has got a new album out.

mika's just ORIGINAL:thumb_yello: ..that's the only word to describe him, i mean today was the first time i heard lolipop on the radio lol and at first i ddnt know who was singing but as soon as the music was loud enuf and i heard mika's voice i KNEW it was him...people don't make music like that...mika does..and he rocks at it :blush-anim-cl:

Mmmmmm...interesting...

How do you describe Mika to people who have (dare i say it) , never er....heard of him?

I missed my fat club (i always call it that) on the Thursday that i was at Birmingham for the competiton winners gig, and i had to phone my leader to tell her that i wouldn't be there. Anyway, the following week, she asked me who it was again that i went to see. Of course, i said 'Mika', telling her how he asked me on stage and meeting him etc etc as i was sooo excited and still buzzin', and she said 'I haven't got a clue who you're on about. I've never herard of him'. OMG i was appalled!!!! I didn't know what to say!!!! Thought i was gonna lose half a stone in shock!!! LOL!!!!!:roftl:

Darren Hayes. I used to like him. Still do

I went on his space and he has got a new album out.

I`m still quite a darren addict...:wub2: I knew the album will be out in summer

,so it`s already there? :biggrin2: