Let's try to get Mika's songs onto Glee!

Marilyn Mastin

Hi there!

I've been talking to people on Mika's Secret Society, and a couple of threads on here, about an idea I had. Some people think it's worth a try, some think it will be hard, but when did MFCers shy away from a challenge.

The aim is to get Mika's songs featured on the TV series Glee. It's a huge show in America and in Britain. They have featured songs by Lady G Amy Winehouse, Madonna, to name but a few. The fact is, Mika's songs should be on that show! they are perfect for a show choir and so perfect for Glee.

There are some things I was thinking of, in order to get the makers of the show to realise they need to have Mika's music. One idea is to have another twitter event with a trend like #gleeneedsMIKA with Mika's name in capitals to emphasize it. Simmilar to the #mikakicksass event. But we need a lot of people involved to make it trend. But we did it once, we could do it again.

Another idea is to actually approach the fans of the show. They must have a forum like ours. Someone could post on their forum about Mika, also posting links to some of his songs, like WAG, KA, and possibly HE. Whatever songs we think would be really good. See if we can get some support from the Glee fans themselves. If they saw Mika and heard him sing, how could they fail to love him and not want his music on their show. Of course they would.

So now we can discuss this. Maybe some Mika fans on here are also Glee fans. Maybe some of you have some more ideas for how we might do this, so let the discussion begin! Love from Marilyn :mf_lustslow:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, someone would cover a Mika-song then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Glee

Hmmmm, I don't know.....

I rather have Mika performing it himself at that show:blush-anim-cl:

Well so would I, but it's unlikely they would actulally invite him on the show. Maybe they would but I don't know. I see nothing wrong with the cast covering his songs. They usually do the covers really well, and the aim is to get Mika's songs heard. I think if the songs were covered on the show, peeps would then what to hear the real Mika. When Don't Stop Believing was covered on the show, peeps got interested in the original song from Journey and their version got into the charts. as well as the Glee version.

If we decide to approach the fans, I think it would be best to nominate one person to go onto the forum and tell them about Mika, his sucess all over the world, the number of albums sold etc, and some links to his music. One person would be best, because we don't want to be a lot of Mika fans invading their forum.

:teehee: we are a very resourceful bunch... aren't we?

the idea of glee covering mika's songs would be great. lots of people watch that show... and perhaps if the viewers like the songs, they'd look up the original singer and that can only be a plus for Mika :wub2:

p.s. i'm watching it as we speak :aah:

:teehee: we are a very resourceful bunch... aren't we?

the idea of glee covering mika's songs would be great. lots of people watch that show... and perhaps if the viewers like the songs, they'd look up the original singer and that can only be a plus for Mika :wub2:

p.s. i'm watching it as we speak :aah:

Noice! :thumb_yello:

Maybe we should start a Facebook group. That's what they did to get Betty White on SNL. There are a lot of people on there, many of them fans of either Mika or Glee.

A facebook page sounds really smart for this sort of thing. It'll reach more people and you can see how big your "team" is to get started on the twitter thing or whatever we plan to do. :thumb_yello:

IF this happens, Glee and Mika should both be in capital letters. The word "glee" kinda blends in with the word "need" ("gleeneedsMIKA") and both need to visible and eye popping. We could always ask Perez Hilton.

Oh wow, what great ideas! That's a good idea, for a facebook group. I'm not actually on facebook as I found it really confusing when I used it, so if someone else would like to start one that'd be great, otherwise, I'll do it. Let me know.

I think that's a great idea to contact Perez. Would we contact him on twitter?

That's also a good idea to have the GLEE in capitals if we have a trending day, so it would be #GLEEneedsMIKA That looks really good, there is absolutely no confusion.

Does anyone have an idea of when we might have a twitter event. I did think about July 4th. Glee is an American show and Mika is half American, so that might be a good date, unless someone has a better idea.

It seems a long way off, but it's better that way because it gives us some time to do it right. If we can rally support between now and then, and advertise the event on facebook, MSS, Mika's Army, or anywhere else we can, we might get more people involved.

Between now and then we need to get the word out. Peeps with myspace could blog about it, peeps with facebook could post about it, and when we tweet it wouldn't hurt to use the #GLEEneedsMIKA even before the trending day.

Edit: I went onto twitter and tweeted...

RT this message if you would love @mikasounds music to be in Glee, and I put the trend in.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

July 4th would probably be not good, as most americans are out celebrating, watching fireworks, out with family & not home :dunno:

and no doubt the TTs will consist of

#independence

#4thjuly

#freedom

#america4eva

etc etc.... :aah:

I could organise the twitter event, if you like, I've done it before, and I have approx. 200 followers to help me :biggrin2:

Okay Cisserz, you're on! You've been added to my friends on here, so we can chat on there, and come over to the UK thread on MSS. I know you're too young to join, but you can chat, and we need more active UK people on our thread. We need to come up with a date. I understand what's been said about July 4th. It probably wouldn't be suitable.

About the facebook group. Would anyone like to start one? I think what we need is to make it plain what we want, and to post vids of Mika performances. I say performances, because I remember hearing Mika and thinking he sounded great, and then seeing him perform and just melting with love for him. He's really a gorgeous guy. Of course, the Kick Ass, Rain, BIOTG and Happy Endings vids are all beautiful too, each in their own way.

Okay Cisserz, you're on! You've been added to my friends on here, so we can chat on there, and come over to the UK thread on MSS. I know you're too young to join, but you can chat, and we need more active UK people on our thread. We need to come up with a date. I understand what's been said about July 4th. It probably wouldn't be suitable.

About the facebook group. Would anyone like to start one? I think what we need is to make it plain what we want, and to post vids of Mika performances. I say performances, because I remember hearing Mika and thinking he sounded great, and then seeing him perform and just melting with love for him. He's really a gorgeous guy. Of course, the Kick Ass, Rain, BIOTG and Happy Endings vids are all beautiful too, each in their own way.

Well 4th July is a Sunday - I break up from school on the 2nd, so maybe... 10th July?? It will give us time to get participants

Well 4th July is a Sunday - I break up from school on the 2nd, so maybe... 10th July?? It will give us time to get participants

10th of July is fine by me and it does give us time to get organised. Does everyone else agree to that. If someone wants to start a facebook group, go right ahead, otherwise I'll start one next week. But anyone with a facebook page can post about it anyway. That's a start!

I've also spoken about this campaign on MSS. Is everyone on MSS? If not, there is a link to it in my siggy. Take a look.

10th of July is fine by me and it does give us time to get organised. Does everyone else agree to that. If someone wants to start a facebook group, go right ahead, otherwise I'll start one next week. But anyone with a facebook page can post about it anyway. That's a start!

I've also spoken about this campaign on MSS. Is everyone on MSS? If not, there is a link to it in my siggy. Take a look.

I've a link in mine too :biggrin2:

I'll make the thread! :teehee:

I'm proud to consider myself a HUGE fan of Glee.:biggrin2:. And I think this is a great idea.

But I think some of Mika's songs are a bit complicated to understand, and that's never good for the viewers of the show *I'm going to be a producer sometime soon.:mf_rosetinted:*. So, it can be hard to convince Glee's people to get Mika's songs on the show.

I think the best thing for us to do is to find the songs that are easy to understand and stick to those songs.

I can open the facebook group. But most of you don't know me. You'll get know the group from another MFCers.

Before I open it, tell me what should I post *what videos, links, etc* and how exactly should I name it.

I'm proud to consider myself a HUGE fan of Glee.:biggrin2:. And I think this is a great idea.

But I think some of Mika's songs are a bit complicated to understand, and that's never good for the viewers of the show *I'm going to be a producer sometime soon.:mf_rosetinted:*. So, it can be hard to convince Glee's people to get Mika's songs on the show.

I think the best thing for us to do is to find the songs that are easy to understand and stick to those songs.

I can open the facebook group. But most of you don't know me. You'll get know the group from another MFCers.

Before I open it, tell me what should I post *what videos, links, etc* and how exactly should I name it.

Hi there Ana. I've pmd you! Thank you for your support.

People !!

Facebook group is done !! But I need help with it, I'm not that great to upload things and make it look awesome. PM me if you want my facebook name.:biggrin2:.

Found your group and joined it :thumb_yello: