"When the world will be reduced to one black forrest for our four astonished eyes,- to a coast for two faithful children,- to a musical house for our bright sympathy,- I will find you."

Wow, Rebeka that is beautiful!:blush-anim-cl:

Didn’t know you could French.

looooooove QAF!! :wub2:

hello, gay threadders! how's it going? anyone missing the london days..? LOL :naughty:

Oh, I miss London so much!

My wishful thinking right now is that Mika would do a concert in London this summer, like he did in Summerset House last July.

And then we all could go back and meet again.:wub2:

Mika please do that!:wink2:

Oh my God, guys. You have no idea how much I love Queer as Folk. I've watched at least one episode probably every day for the past three months, no joke.

Brian is my absolute favorite. And Justin. Especially Brian/Justin. :mf_lustslow: They have so much chemistry and they are, without a doubt, my most favorite pairing ever.

...when Brian says "I love you" in 510, I just want to die. I have probably watched that part over and over a million times.

I liked Michael at the beginning, but by season five, I was honestly sick of him. I like Ben, but Michael was annoying. He needed to get over Brian. I know that it was this sort of "I've loved him since we were fourteen but nothing will ever happen, blah blah," but it got really annoying after a while.

The only thing that I hated about the show was the ending. Brian and Justin's last scene was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and I literally cry when I watch it, but God, the ending is excruciating. It took five years for Brian and Justin to fully get together with Brian's admitted feelings in the equation, and three episodes later, they're separated. If it were freaking Timbuktu, I could understand that Brian wouldn't go with him, but it was New York! Brian wanted to go to New York at the end of season 2. Why couldn't he have just opened up a new branch of Kinnetik and gone with him?! It was so very disappointing.

...but anyway, I've gotten worked up enough. I just love that show, thanks to Scut for introducing it to me. :naughty:

No problem, Hannah. Sharing is caring afterall. :naughty:

By the way, I agree with all that you've said, except for the part about Brian opening a new branch of Kinnetik in New York: remember that Kinnetik was still new and he was basically the heart and soul of the company at that point, he was producing the majore campaigns himself and had yet to hire a quality team that he could trust to leave. I can see why he couldn't go to New York... I just wish Justin didn't have to go there. :fisch:

You're probably right. Ah, that whole thing just kills me, though. Surely the writers could of come up with SOME way for them to be together. It's depressing. Every single person in the entire show ends up happy in one way or another except for Brian. I just tell myself that they really did see each other all the time, but knowing Brian, he would probably just let it all go and pretend that he doesn't care, even though he does.

I really don't think that five seasons was enough, or they could have at least made the last season longer. I know that Randy really wasn't into doing more QaF, and I think that probably most of the actors felt that way, but the writers needed to give B/J a happy ending.

Speaking of Randy, he and his best friend have an organization in New York called the Arts Bureau, where they basically make independent films and introduce new talent to the public (it's a very low-key thing). I honestly found it by accident about a month ago. I was looking up some stuff for my future (I'd really like to get involved with the arts and screenwriting and all that), and I came across the tAB website. I almost croaked when it said that Randy Harrison was the co-founder. Well, I started emailing them and getting on their mailing list and all that. I donated to the organization, and yesterday I got a letter in the mail from them that was hand-addressed, thanking me for donating with a receipt enclosed. At the bottom, it was hand-signed by Randy and Marci. I almost had a heart attack. God, I'm such a loser. :roftl:

I found that article about fluid sexuality that I mentioned a couple of days ago.

Just wanted to share this because it was new to me and many of you might find it interesting as well.

By Ilaneet Goren, FLARE Magazine, March 2008 Issue

Fluid.jpg

Fluid2-1.jpg

LGBTQ stands for "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer", basically anything that's not exclusively heterosexual. (But the full version would be an awfully long thread name. :naughty:)

Oh ok! :lmfao: I thought it was some type of inside joke that I wasn't getting :roftl:

Thanks for posting that, Suzy. I think it's a great article.

I thought so too! Thanks, Suzy! :thumb_yello:

(Speaking of "queer", are we ever going to rename this thread "The LGBTQ Thread"? Diana? Deb? Any other mods that may be around? :fisch:)

I'll change it if that's the consensus -- I seem to recall avoca and maybe a few others ? not wanting to change it, though, which is why I never did.

If you all feel the majority wants the change, LMK -- I'm on it! :)

dcdeb

I found that article about fluid sexuality that I mentioned a couple of days ago.

Just wanted to share this because it was new to me and many of you might find it interesting as well.

yep that pretty much describes my view to a T. I can't say one way or the other because I have loved both men and women equally as strong, and still do find myself attracted to both men and women all the time. It's not a gender issue. It's a personality. What gender someone is seems to be completely irrelevant.

Thank you for posting that article Suzy, i really appreciate it!!!

OK, so can we get people's opinions again: who is for and against a change to "The LGBTQ Thread"?

I'm for it, as it's more inclusive and reflects the thread's composition more. :original:

Doesn't really matter to me LOL Whenever I hear the word 'gay' I think of happy smiling bouncing people, which all of you are LOL

That article is great. :thumb_yello:

I don't believe that anyone is completely straight. For me, straight just doesn't exist in the true form that some people convince themselves it does. I think that there are varying levels of bisexuality that we all have. Some may be primarily attracted to the opposite gender, some may be primarily attracted to the same gender, but there is always a gray area. I believe we're all perfectly capable of falling in love with either gender.

That article is great. :thumb_yello:

I don't believe that anyone is completely straight. For me, straight just doesn't exist in the true form that some people convince themselves it does. I think that there are varying levels of bisexuality that we all have. Some may be primarily attracted to the opposite gender, some may be primarily attracted to the same gender, but there is always a gray area. I believe we're all perfectly capable of falling in love with either gender.

Find me a girl with a penis who looks like Noel Fielding.

very thoughtful points tonight everyone....I identify sort with a continuim

of bisexual leaning towards the "I love women" side of things. That is partialy why I wish not to get married because I feel I am denying my sides if I do get married...although that may change because marriage gay or heterosexual is 100% legal and recognized . If I do decide to get married it could be with girl or guy but I would not want to hurt anyone so I choose not to! However I admire people who do:) yay! .but it also depends on who the person is . Its so nice we can speak of these things in a mature and thoughtful manner. Honestly it makes me feel more accepted

and not be afraid of myself, which I have been dealing with lately. You guys are great!!! :wub2: :wub2:

very thoughtful points tonight everyone....I identify sort with a continuim

of bisexual leaning towards the "I love women" side of things. That is partialy why I wish not to get married because I feel I am denying my sides if I do get married...although that may change because marriage gay or heterosexual is 100% legal and recognized . If I do decide to get married it could be with girl or guy but I would not want to hurt anyone so I choose not to! However I admire people who do:) yay! .but it also depends on who the person is . Its so nice we can speak of these things in a mature and thoughtful manner. Honestly it makes me feel more accepted

and not be afraid of myself, which I have been dealing with lately. You guys are great!!! :wub2: :wub2:

*hugz!*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1