Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

Very very short review from me (have to go to work)

-Seats sucked

-didn't see Mika at all except when he came away from the piano

-music was great

-had a lot of fun even tough I could only see the asians guy's butt :sneaky2:

-met Mika after the show

- gave him the bracelet I made:

sorrow.png

-He loved it :biggrin2:

-and the palms of my hands have bruises from clapping :blink:

that's it for now

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think you've seen a good Mika gig, you weren't here. Geezus the man was f**king amazing.

We had good seats, though they put the backgroundsinger in front of us so when he sat we could barely see Mika. But everytime he stood up we had perfect view. At a sudden point everyone just stood up and danced along and he was so close it was unbelievable.

He was shocked when he played the intro of rain and the crowd already started singing When you let it raaain the look on his face was priceless:roftl:

After he went off stage, we kept screaming for more, he did an encore and went off stage and then we screamed again and he came back and just shook his head:biggrin2:

So, meeting, after the gig, me and Mana and some others just rushed to the artist entrance. There were lots of people there. Was a bit confusing with lining up but in the end we managed. Well, got Cherisse and Martin to sing my setlist and took a pic with Cherisse. Both were absolutely adorable as usual. After a while Mika came our way, then he stood in front of me, signed my setlist and said hi, so I gave him the toydog I got him and said something like: Well you wanted a dog, here it is! And he did the laugh:wub2:

Well the thing was just barking so I said: Well you can turn it off. and he said: Really? How? And Mika, John and the security guy just looked at it, but then Mika found the way to do it:roftl:

He absolutely adored the yearbook. He was stunned and amazed and promised to read all of it. He loved the artwork, especially the cover, he asked who made it etc. Mana said that she's gonna quiz him about it in Brussels tomorrow, he said he was up to the challenge as long as she didn't ask hard questions:roftl:

So then we were just hanging around and Mana talked to John who advised us to stand a bit further with the flag. So, after calling all MFCers, we ran with the flag to a quiet spot, held it up and Mika approached us and said: Oh I need to write something on it! So he started writing Amsterdam which was clearly difficult for him and then Mika was here. Then he just turned around and said: Alright we can do this group-picture. So he turned around and literally leaned into me, my face was right next to his! Oh and I now know how Mika and Britney and all other celebs must feel. There were a lot of people taking pictures, flashes everywhere, I almost felt like a celebrity.:naughty:

And then...it was over. He jumped into the car and they drove off. So he left us there, breathless but satisfied.

It was great meeting all the MFCers (again)! It was even funnier when I saw a girl from my elementary school who dined at the same restaurant. But she was going to see Gavin Degraw. Though it was a coincidence:roftl:

Oh and if you're looking for me, I'll be in Canada. Mana officially adopted me so I'll be there if you need me!

Argh, I really considered going to Brussels for a sec. But it's impossible. So I don't know when I'll be seeing him again. But this was the best.f*cking.night.of.my.life

That was such an amazing gig. Great to see the man again. Great to speak to Andy again too. :thumb_yello:

Couldn't stay too long after the gig, had to catch the last train. Hopefully I'll manage to upload some pictures soon.

And now I should run to the office to be in time... :biggrin2:

I think I'll need some more time before I'm able to write a good report about the gig, so just a few thoughts now.

I enjoyed the meeting very much. Seeing the Dutchies again, and meeting Mana and Ruth. Also had a lovely chat with Allegra, who was seated next to me. :wub2:

RIMG0001.jpg

waiting for the doors to open

It's a lovely venue, beautiful and intimate. It's only got a small stage and first row is right in front of it. And what a great sound!

RIMG0005.jpg

Hearing Mika sing live is really amazing, got goosebumps when he sang Over My Shoulder.

Loved all the songs, didn't want to stay in my seat all the time, and my hands are a bit sore from clapping all the time.

The band was good, Alexander was on stage clapping and smiling, and the new guitarplayer was very enthusiastic as well.

RIMG0016.jpg

After the gig finished we went outside to wait for Mika. He had to sign all sorts of things, t-shirts, EP's, posters, the occasional cheek (yes I got mine :wub2:).

But I have to be honest, I was rather disappointed that I was sitting on row 1, and hardly got to see Mika because of the grand piano. Knowing Mika is only 4 metres away from you and only seeing his legs :sad:

RIMG0022.jpg

my view

But hey, it was a great gig and I'm so happy I was able to be there.

*inserts smiley floating on a cloud here*

Edited by kaatje066

Great report Ingie! I didn't realize it was you who gave him the dog in the video :roftl:

I loved that bit :fangurl:

She didn't say that she said to him: " You said you wanted a dog." And he laughed and said: "Well, this is probably the closest thing to a dog I'll ever have!" I was standing at an amazing spot, seeing the yearbook (and the toydog :naughty:) being given to Mika. I can even hear myself blabbing on the vid :blush-anim-cl:. It was a great evening.

I got Ingie's camera to make a picture of Shady and Cherisse (since my camera was broken :sneaky2:) but the batteries were low. I tried several times but it didn't work. I got so frustrated. Cherisses started saying: "you put it out, you put it out." But I didn't, the batteries were low. Thank god Ruth made the pic with her phone and one with Shady, Cherisse and me :original:.

Now I am off to work. Wonder how it will go with just a few hours of sleep, bruised hands and still in a Mika daze :naughty:.

Too much adrenaline to fall asleep.

Here's a pic of the audience, as seen from the balcony:

audiencen.jpg

And:

Short vid of Mika getting yearbook. Very short, I'm sure others have better videos of this moment.

I can see me:roftl:

Don't worry, I can't get much sleep anyway :roftl:

It should become available on dailymotion too .. No idea how it looks like ..

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Bienie22/video/x9h3pk_mvi1011

I'm going to bed now :bleh:

:bye:

:wub2: He laughed at my doggie awwwwww....and he thinks we have lives:roftl:

amazing thread! so exciting to read everything so far!

thanks everyone for your reports, pics and vids :flowers2:

Ok .. we're getting somewhere ..

I've uploaded it on myspace, hope everyone can see it.

Don't mind the quality, I've converted the video so it wouldn't take that much time to upload, but that means the quality REALLY sucks .. I'll upload in good quality tomorrow, but it's just to give you an idea :wink2:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58385723

thanks so much for the vid bienie! so happy that he finally has the yearbook! and he mentioned the cover:wub2:

No he didn't, I asked. But there was 1 MFCer who did, I can't remember who:roftl:

Haven't got a clue then. I thought I saw him take the pic. :dunno:

If it was an MFCer, it'll surely be posted.