2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

Well I am thinking something similar about Lady Jane. I have tried to like it and I just can't. When he sings it live, does it sound different? Because if not, I am not sure how I will sit through it.

It didn't sound that different, but he added a whole new dimension to it with absolutely hilarious hand gestures :naughty:

I wish that you had seen this guy. He was properly dodgy. And I mean VERY dodgy. He was one of 'those types' that are capable of anything, and also quite a strongly built guy.

It would have been utterly stupid of me to do anything differently about the situation, and that also makes me very angry. The fact that I know that he got away with something so horrible just because I was not protected is sheit but reality is what it is. Hence why Mika's people need to think their strategy for security and organisation at gigs, because this guy was criminal material.

Heck, what he did was a criminal offence - It was very clear that he was saying that harm would come to me if we had a similar situation again.

Sadly enough this gives me flashbacks to last years stage jumping and people fearing for their lifes!

This kind of things shouldn't be happening in a place for a concert.

I don't in any way want to spoil the happy memories but Mika's people: Please take notice!

Well I am thinking something similar about Lady Jane. I have tried to like it and I just can't. When he sings it live, does it sound different? Because if not, I am not sure how I will sit through it.

i don't like LJ at all.but i like the live version a bit.his voice sounded more real or it was just youtube's bad quality:dunno:

It didn't sound that different, but he added a whole new dimension to it with absolutely hilarious hand gestures :naughty:

yeah i noticed he didn't even touch the piano but catced some invisible flies with his hands instead:blink:

And they said 'oh, that's okay', because they didn't want to be taken for complete idiots, having no idea what it is supposed to mean? :mf_rosetinted:

No.They just stared at me while I did my best impression of Mika's bamby's eyes.

Didn't work.:sneaky2:

sariflor: that's horrible. i hope that guy will get beaten up very bad by some random dude for some reason soon:mad3:

the famous violet underscore sky(:teehee:): i'm sorry about your car.:boxed:

Kata:i didn't like the new you at all:shun:

*waits for sariflor's report*

violet underscore sky(:teehee:): i'm sorry about your car.:boxed:

*sigh*

I will patiently explain it again: I was stongly opposed to the idea of joining a fan thing but I did want that download. Don't ask me what download, I honestly can't remember. I wanted it quick and I seriously didn't think I would ever set a foot into this forum again (I know that foot image is just wrong in this context but hey, it's so late), let alone post something like those fan people did. I had to sign up, though and needed a username. I picked the bloody first thing that crossed my mind. I could have tried with " " as well but I highly doubt that 'violetspacesky' would be any better. :aah:

aww great report,thanks for sharing underscore:wub2:

ok i'm off to bed.would like to stay and piss you off though.need to get up early:naughty:

you know i only tease cuz i love:huglove:

Yeah bed, good idea actually. :huglove: Good night!

Good I didn't find that lunchbox for Kata to send you. You certainly don't deserve it. :sneaky2:

:roftl::huglove:

*sigh*

I will patiently explain it again: I was stongly opposed to the idea of joining a fan thing but I did want that download. Don't ask me what download, I honestly can't remember. I wanted it quick and I seriously didn't think I would ever set a foot into this forum again (I know that foot image is just wrong in this context but hey, it's so late), let alone post something like those fan people did. I had to sign up, though and needed a username. I picked the bloody first thing that crossed my mind. I could have tried with " " as well but I highly doubt that 'violetspacesky' would be any better. :aah:

aww great report,thanks for sharing,underscore:wub2:

ok i'm off to bed.would like to stay and piss you off though.need to get up early:naughty:

you know i only tease cuz i love:huglove:

I'm FAR behind with sleep *sigh* And then, this morning some twat (aged 84!) damaged my car (which was standing perfectly centered in its space in the parking lot) and then tried to escape. I had to literally jump in front of him to keep him there until the police arrived. Seems like you have to pay for everything in life. Even a fantastic weekend. :sneaky2:

so true, although for me in a less dramatic way - had to work until almost 8 pm today cause there was so much to do. :sneaky2: sorry bout your car! how bad is it, can you still drive with it?

about the security thing at the church... someone said that the security guys first tried to get ppl back to where they came from, but it didn't work so they gave up. but i think more security presence would've spoiled it too, like if they had been standing between front row and the stage, or along the middle aisle, they would've blocked the sight for ppl.

talking bout blocking sights: i'm glad there were no sight-blocking flowers this time. :naughty:

hm, there was one paparazzi outside, standing behind me, who was obviously quite drunk. he almost fell over and burped loudly - maybe it was him who threatened sara, drunk ppl can be quite dangerous. :sad: those paps really got on my nerves outside, they were following mika along the whole queue, always flashing him righ in the face, although they got told off by security several times. someone on the german forum wrote that the paps even followed him to his hotel afterwards and kept on bothering him, and he was still nice and signing even more autographs. the poor guy. :sad:

so true, although for me in a less dramatic way - had to work until almost 8 pm today cause there was so much to do. :sneaky2: sorry bout your car! how bad is it, can you still drive with it?

about the security thing at the church... someone said that the security guys first tried to get ppl back to where they came from, but it didn't work so they gave up. but i think more security presence would've spoiled it too, like if they had been standing between front row and the stage, or along the middle aisle, they would've blocked the sight for ppl.

talking bout blocking sights: i'm glad there were no sight-blocking flowers this time. :naughty:

hm, there was one paparazzi outside, standing behind me, who was obviously quite drunk. he almost fell over and burped loudly - maybe it was him who threatened sara, drunk ppl can be quite dangerous. :sad: those paps really got on my nerves outside, they were following mika along the whole queue, always flashing him righ in the face, although they got told off by security several times. someone on the german forum wrote that the paps even followed him to his hotel afterwards and kept on bothering him, and he was still nice and signing even more autographs. the poor guy. :sad:

:shocked::shocked:

Poor thing! :boxed:

to change to a nicer topic and give you something to discuss while waiting for sara's report, here are pix of the code card that came with the EP and of my gray skelly autograph, of which i'm still confused about what he meant with it:

magic_numbers.jpg

autogramm.jpg

so, what do you guys think - gray skelly saying "i told you i'd be back", does it stand for...

- mika, who is back with a new tour/songs?

- me, who can't stop following him? :naughty:

- gray skelly herself, will she be back for the next tour?

- my gray skelly costume, does he want to see it again? (*hears robi shouting "NOOOOOO!!"* :naughty:)

probably it means the first, but i'm confused. :blink:

btw: "Mike." :lmao:

God, if I was famous I would easily turn into a Lily Allen or an Amy Winehouse. I don't think I could stand being nice in front of papparazzi for five minutes!:boxed:

:naughty:

to change to a nicer topic and give you something to discuss while waiting for sara's report, here are pix of the code card that came with the EP and of my gray skelly autograph, of which i'm still confused about what he meant with it:

magic_numbers.jpg

autogramm.jpg

so, what do you guys think - gray skelly saying "i told you i'd be back", does it stand for...

- me, who can't stop following him? :naughty

- my gray skelly costume, does he want to see it again? (*hears robi shouting "NOOOOOO!!"* :naughty)

Hey! How lucky... it's lovely! :wub2: First one, no doubt!

I am not a morning person. I have problems waking up every morning. I had to wake up at 2am in order to catch my flight to Berlin. And that was after going to bed at 1am... I woke up and started moaning. While putting my shoes on I could only think of the reasons why I shouldn't go to Berlin. I should be saving money for my holidays, I should be writing my thesis blah blah.

Now, I couldn't be happier that I did decide to go. It wasn't perfect. But it was sooo good!

Let me just quickly get done with things I didn't like. I didn't like rude people pushing when we were queueing at the doors. They pretended they didn't speak English when I was telling them not to jump the queue. I didn't like the drunk man who decided to stand in front of me during the gig. I was in the first row so he had space to do so. He then called his girlfriend to join him. When I told him off he first pretended he didn't understand me, then said "I'm sorry" apologetically and remain in his place. I kicked him in the ankle a few times and in the end he went back to his place. The security did nothing.

I didn't like the fact that nobody prevented people running up to the stage. It's dreadful what happened to Sara, it shouldn't have happened.

I really wish he played Relax. I was looking forward to it. I'm hoping to hear it either in London or Paris.

I will now happily proceed to the things I liked.

I liked the queueing. I've spent couple of hours talking to lovely people, walking down sunny streets and sitting on a park bench eating gummy-bears. Best queueing I've ever had.

I'm so happy that the numbers strategy worked out. Thank you to everyone involved. Girls who made the list, Sara and others who continuously informed people it'll go according to it. Thank you.

And I simply loved the gig. Besides that drunk idiot I was surrounded by great people and partly it's cause of them that I enjoyed the gig so much. Partly, it's also cause of Mika. :naughty:

It was so different from the previous ones I've seen. I got so used to hearing the first notes of Relax, the adrenaline, Mika in the spotlight, starting to sing. It caught me a bit of guard when he just went out, sat at the piano and started singing. And then immediately stopped. And started again. And then stopped. And started for the third time. :blink: I could see this was going to be something special. My heart was beating so fast, though not as fast as Mika's probably.

Ok, so this was not exactly an acoustic show. But it was so entirely different from what I'm used to. To be able to just sit there, stare at his back (right side of the audience) and listen to his voice was something truly unique. I did dance around during Love Today and had so much fun but the slower songs were far more pleasurable for me that night. Not because I don't like to have fun. Because Mika singing Over My Shoulder in a tiny, beautiful church, with not even one person speaking, is one of the most touching things I've ever experienced.

And after the gig he went out. He talked to every single person that waited in the queue. And there was a lot of people there. He came up to every single person, looked in the eyes of every single person, smiled back, joked around and he drew me an angel on my copy of the set-list. Gotta love him.

Sara, I'm very sorry to hear about your confrontation with the scumbag :no::huglove:

I wish I'd been there so I could've threatened him. When people make me mad I become a bit psychotic, like to the point where if you gave me a knife I'd stab someone. :teehee:

so true, although for me in a less dramatic way - had to work until almost 8 pm today cause there was so much to do. :sneaky : sorry bout your car! how bad is it, can you still drive with it?

Oh yes, no worries, I can still drive it, it's just the bumper (for me, that is. His car was damaged far worse :naughty:). Actually it only really shocked me that he tried to abscond.

Definitely. Security standing at the front - that would not have worked at all. I remember one security guy addressing the pap who harrassed Sara. But I didn't hear anything of what he said, so I don't know if he tried to get people back out of the aisle or if he just told him that he kindly had to switch off his flash.

...the paps even followed him to his hotel afterwards and kept on bothering him, and he was still nice and signing even more autographs. the poor guy.

:blowup:

autogramm.jpg

- me, who can't stop following him?

- my gray skelly costume, does he want to see it again? (*hears robi shouting "NOOOOOO!!"* )

:roftl: Confusion extraordinaire.

As your bullet points are not really excluding each other, I guess it can be everything :roftl:

Possibilities are endless.

sariflor: that's horrible. i hope that guy will get beaten up very bad by some random dude for some reason soon:mad3:

the famous violet underscore sky(:teehee:): i'm sorry about your car.:boxed:

Kata:i didn't like the new you at all:shun:

*waits for sariflor's report*

Why a dude :confused: ? Half a dozen irate females can be quite formidable too :bonk: . Talking about danger, the guy had better hire some bodyguards -better than the security men apparently were at Passionkirche :naughty: .

If he was drunk, aren't security supposed to expel those from venues ?

Marie-Thérèse

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAK1 View Post

But you do have the space between the barrier and the stage, and the exits at various points around.

This is an old church, which probably only has 2, maybe 3 exits. Not built for this type of gig.

Security should have stopped them, it was a seated gig, they should have stayed in their seats.

there wasn't even enough seats for all, so it's hard to stay in them. However annoying it might have been for people who would rather lie down and meditate, we were actually allowed to stand there and Mika was quite happy that people quit looking like they were bored to death. And yet again I'm gonna point out that Mika's mother was stood in front of me blocking my entire view, you might wanna have a word with her so she doesn't do that in London Not that I will stay in my seat either way though, life is too short to have concerts ruined by people who would rather be watching a dvd at home

Look I'm sorry for my random explosions here, I actually do think it kinda sucks that people couldn't see anything suddenly and I agree that the paps and such have no business up there.

I think my frustration is more with the general idea that it would be terribly rude and a mortal sin to stand up at these concerts. It's a pop concert, not a dude playing the cello. We are supposed to dance and I think it is extremely rude of people to intimidate others into staying in their seats. You are ruining my gig by doing that and that is just as bloody rude as me ruining yours by standing up :sneaky2:

Yep, you do have explosive tendencies, don't you :naughty: ?

I can't believe you are the same girl who ends up right behind the tallest guy in the venue, and hates that :floor: ... Sorry, I couldn't resist, please don't beat me up when we meet, I bruise like a peach :shocked: .

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that telling the Lord's mother off for blocking the view is a banning matter : blasphemy can't be encouraged on forums :no: .

More seriously, it is quite usual at gigs to be first sitting, then standing during the more lively songs and sometimes sitting again for a while during ballads. It was the case at the Parc des Princes and nobody seemed to be in other people's way.

What was abnormal at Passionkirche was to let in people and let them watch the show standing when it was stated that the audience would be sitting.

I do hope that the upcoming acoustic concerts will be better organised.

Cheers,

Id3

:shocked::shocked:

Poor thing! :boxed:

Is he ? Let's hope he isn't encouraging -or at least not discouraging- paps to follow him round because he wants the press attention and is not too choosy about the kind of papers who write about him... to the point of endangering his fans : Sariflor's misadventure is terrifying, could never have imagined that kind of thing happening at one of Sire's gigs :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

Yep, you do have explosive tendencies, don't you :naughty: ?

I can't believe you are the same girl who ends up right behind the tallest guy in the venue, and hates that :floor: ... Sorry, I couldn't resist, please don't beat me up when we meet, I bruise like a peach :shocked: .

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that telling the Lord's mother off for blocking the view is a banning matter : blasphemy can't be encouraged on forums :no: .

More seriously, it is quite usual at gigs to be first sitting, then standing during the more lively songs and sometimes sitting again for a while during ballads. It was the case at the Parc des Princes and nobody seemed to be in other people's way.

What was abnormal at Passionkirche was to let in people and let them watch the show standing when it was stated that the audience would be sitting.

I do hope that the upcoming acoustic concerts will be better organised.

Cheers,

Id3

Would just like to make it very clear that i'm not telling Mrs. P. off for blocking the view, the poor woman was among those who didn't get a seat :teehee: I am just trying to point out how absurd it is to moan about the people who stand in the front row and block the view when one of them was his mother :blink: anyway she's not very tall,I could easily see as soon as I got up and went to the front myself :naughty:

Would just like to make it very clear that i'm not telling Mrs. P. off for blocking the view, the poor woman was among those who didn't get a seat :teehee: I am just trying to point out how absurd it is to moan about the people who stand in the front row and block the view when one of them was his mother :blink: anyway she's not very tall,I could easily see as soon as I got up and went to the front myself :naughty:

JP not very tall ? OMFG, you must be a giant ! A giant with a fiery temper, scary :shocked: !

The Lord's mother unable to get a seat ? I love your sense of humour :roftl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

JP not very tall ? OMFG, you must be a giant ! A giant with a fiery temper, scary :shocked: !

The Lord's mother unable to get a seat ? I love your sense of humour :roftl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Compared to the giants I usually end up behind, she really isn't that tall - at least I was able to look over her shoulder when I kept a polite distance :naughty:

Well I'm sure we could have made space for her on our bench, but it wasn't exactly the best seats in the house :mf_rosetinted:

hm, there was one paparazzi outside, standing behind me, who was obviously quite drunk. he almost fell over and burped loudly - maybe it was him who threatened sara, drunk ppl can be quite dangerous. those paps really got on my nerves outside, they were following mika along the whole queue, always flashing him righ in the face, although they got told off by security several times. someone on the german forum wrote that the paps even followed him to his hotel afterwards and kept on bothering him, and he was still nice and signing even more autographs. the poor guy.

I have commented on your security post after Violet's one, but, in short, I agree with what you said.

Re the flowers: very true, and so relieved :roftl:.

Re the pap: what did this one look like?

Gotta love him.

Too long to quote, but I just had to say that I loved your report and it echoes my feelings about the gig :wub2:

Sara, I'm very sorry to hear about your confrontation with the scumbag

I wish I'd been there so I could've threatened him. When people make me mad I become a bit psychotic, like to the point where if you gave me a knife I'd stab someone.

Well, the reason why I didn't take it any further was, quite frankly, because HE looked like that type :blink:

Oh yes, no worries, I can still drive it, it's just the bumper (for me, that is. His car was damaged far worse ). Actually it only really shocked me that he tried to abscond.

Definitely. Security standing at the front - that would not have worked at all. I remember one security guy addressing the pap who harrassed Sara. But I didn't hear anything of what he said, so I don't know if he tried to get people back out of the aisle or if he just told him that he kindly had to switch off his flash.

Shame, Violet, I'm so sorry that you had that encounter. Good on you for tacking the guy before he managed to escape, haha! I can totally envisage you throwing yourself onto him LOL.

I agree about the security thing, it wouldn't have worked. This is why we said that this type of 'viby' gig doesn't work in that setting, unless they had moved the benches towards eachother and made NO space in the middle, to keep some sort of order.

The security guy kept telling people to leave some space in the aisle as it was meant to be an 'exit path' but nobody listened and they didn't enforce it.

We just got stuck behind the first bench so we couldn't move anywhere. As you would know, seeing that you were next to me :roftl:.

Anyway, bottom line is: I think that this was the wrong venue for this sort of gig. It would have only worked if, instead of 800 people, there were 300 or 400 there. Or not even. It's just the layout of such a place that doesn't work if people are not controlled properly.

When I went to see Katy Perry and James Morrisson at the Union Chapel people were standing, and dancing, and the vibe was great, but nobody actually stood there in the aisles, because security wouldn't have allowed it. This is what these Berlin guys should have enforced.

Why a dude ? Half a dozen irate females can be quite formidable too . Talking about danger, the guy had better hire some bodyguards -better than the security men apparently were at Passionkirche .

If he was drunk, aren't security supposed to expel those from venues ?

Marie-Thérèse

I don't think that my guy was drunk. He seemed pretty in control and didn't smell of alcohol.

Would just like to make it very clear that i'm not telling Mrs. P. off for blocking the view, the poor woman was among those who didn't get a seat

I am just trying to point out how absurd it is to moan about the people who stand in the front row and block the view when one of them was his mother anyway she's not very tall,I could easily see as soon as I got up and went to the front myself

It's not absurd to moan when you are stuck in a 'legitimate' spot where you have been told to stay, following the rules, and then the chancers who decide to not follow them ruin things for you. That's just not fair and on.

And nobody is moaning about people standing in the front row, or at least I am not. I had a front row of people standing in front of me (the 'legit' ones at the bench) but they didn't block anything because they were there in the usual way that you have people in front of you at a normal gig. It was the ones who went down the middle and even fronter-than-front-row if that makes any sense, standing directly on the steps to the altar/stage, who caused the shlt.

I try to upload my videos, but have some problems. Here is one

I think it was lovely to sit during these quiet songs, like OMS! But yes, it is/was nice to dance during faster ones. And you could see that he liked that. But it was wrong that people from back rows came to stand there, and people from second and third rows could not see. I was hoping that my favorite security guy would have said something :mf_rosetinted:

hahhahahahah I was sitting in front of you :teehee::biggrin2: it was sooooo amazing!! So perfect for a place like this!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!