REPORTS/PICS: MIKA @ Summerdays Festival, Arbon, Switzerland -28-08-2010

Blue Sky

nah, he was laughing his a** off. :naughty: just not sure if he liked that kiss, he wiped his mouth when he came running back on stage. :roftl:

Yeah he was laughing haha. I'm not sure I'd have liked that kiss either tbh :roftl: Anyway, it was really funny! :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he was kissing mika (with the pig mask on of course), and then picking him up and carrying him off stage. :naughty:

nah, he was laughing his a** off. :naughty: just not sure if he liked that kiss, he wiped his mouth when he came running back on stage. :roftl:

:lmfao: i hope someone recorded that

Tina, I love your pics, thank you. :biggrin2:

Now my little report.

First at all, I got the other world to go to a concert or to go to a festival. We arrived around 1 am and it was early enough for the second row. We ended behind some German fans and Nezza on the right side of the stage. Some French girls were on the left side, sadly we hadn’t much chance for saying hello, but a festival has own rules. :naughty:

In Arbon Mika were on the right day, the day before were any rock bands and on Saturday were the day with pop music. When I’m waiting for Mika I’m not really interesting on other band – but the two acts before were not so bad: DADA ANTE PORTAS, I haven’t filmed they, but I found a other festival – with a very similar atmosphere:

and there were SILBERMOND, this group sings in German and the crowd loved they. My favourite song is here, but it’s also not from Arbon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOX-qY7KOQ, it’s a really emotional love song.

And then the flowers came on stage, including Yasmine helped to prepare all in a fast time. :teehee: And at 10 pm Mika came out, and we got first the last time his energetic show, including “Any Other World” and “Kick Ass”, but this time he was not very chatty and we had no eye contact, but I noticed, however, a pleased smile as he discovered his French fans, very nice. But at all he was not in very good mood; on the other side I’m very sure that only the hard core Mika fans could recognize this. For fans which saw him the first time he was with a lot of energy and made a good job. :wub2:

I think the crowd was o.k. for a festival, not until the last row but in the first rows there were also a lot of pushing for Mika, the crowd was clapping to his songs, not so much like in a gig – but I found it o.k.

When I saw the two Big Girls for the song I was very surprised because we didn’t saw Mama P. to such BG or LG. Because it was too late for a video for the two (for me unknown) girls, but I could manage few photos. I loved both, they made a good job. :naughty:

I hope someone could do a video from Lollipop, because the scene with the Big “Girl” was funny, but at this time all around were so pushy so I couldn’t filming from the second row.

I only filmed two bits from “Stuck in the Middle”, but for this I was on the wrong side, so I hope someone from the left side did it also. And the sound is really bad, sorry.

arrgh, had already written half of my report, but looks like the power supply of my pc died, it suddenly went off, the fuse blew, and now the pc won't start anymore, guess i gotta buy a new power supply for it! :boxed:

so, gotta start writing a new report from my laptop now... :aah:

Was a great time in Arbon despite the fact that the weather was not that good. But hey...wellies rulez :mf_rosetinted:

As it was said before, Mika wasn´t in a good mood but he did his job very well like always! :thumb_yello: M&G was fab!

Enclosed a few pics:

xf6x75.jpg

166de09.jpg

64foys.jpg

4kh4pc.jpg

174vgw.jpg

219ni3p.jpg

2qxu8sm.jpg

kejaf7.jpg

o9g16s.jpg

2ztkshi.jpg

Longest report-novel ever coming – feel free to skip :teehee:

Without even opening the report thread before I'm writing this in the train (why am I not sleeping? :aah:).

We started at Karin's place at about 9am which was a lot later than we had planned but we really needed a bit of sleep as we had been busy with the German birthay present for the last couple of days and – more important – nights as well. On our way we picked up Graciosa, Sil and Nessà and were moaning all the time about the wheather, about our tiredness, the not-yet-ready-present and everything else. Blame it on the lack of sleep -.-

We arrived in Arbon soemthing after noon (1pm? Don't remember...) and while the rain was pouring almost all the way long it stopped as soon as we arrived in Arbon :original: The five of us wanted to go to the stage as quickly as possible and the four girls I was with could go go straight ahead. But my ticket made some problems, I was stuck in the entrance area for at least 15 minutes. I didn't even bother though, guess I was too tired to be annoyed or scared :aah:

We got a spot at second row on the right side which wasn't that bad. I must admit that I wasn't happy with it, though. Mellody and me then went back to the car in order to finish the most important parts of the present. It took us ages again and we didn't even do everthing we had planned. Anyway, at one point we said „okay, that's it“, stopped working and went back to the festival-area.

The bands that were on stage before Mika were all okay. I think the mixture was a lot better than in Budapest (only comparison I can make) as there wasn't any kind of „extreme“ or hardcore band. Mika fitted in it quite well, I'd say.

When the evening came closer we became worried about how he could get the present. We told John and Mika in different places about the present before but didn't see anybody of the crew and of course we didn't want to take the present back to Munich. So we contacted John, I'm sure Mellody will tell you the details :wink2:, who saved our evening – again :wub2: The only bad thing was that we didn't know how and IF Mika would receive the surprise until we finally saw John a while after the show. So we were worried before and during the show but it was okay.

Mika did a good job in stage. He wasn't as chatty and smiling as usually and we dind't get any eye-contact. He didn't seem that interested in the crowd. At first I thought it was just my impression and wanted to blame it on the second row and my tiredness. I even thought of me having had that many gigs in a short period and therefore not being able to enjoy the gig as much as I enjoyed the first ones. But when I talked to other MFCers later on they shared my impression and we concluded that Mika may have been in a bad mood or just tired (who could blame him being on tour for ages now?) I still think that many in the audience enjoyed his gig. The crowd wasn't as supporting as they have been with other artists but they weren't bad either. There was just one moment in which I got a bit worried. It was during one of the first songs when one person from the left threw something small on stage and hit Mika on his arm. It wasn't that hurting I guess, but it's no nice way to welcome an artist :boxed: All in all it was a nice atmosphere, though. Well, in my area it was. I heard about different impressions from other places, too.

Some bits I kept in mind about the show itself are that the Billy-flag was in front of the stage due to a low height of the whole construct. He didn't do Over my Shoulder and at first we thought he wouldn't do Kick Ass but he did in the end, for the record: he didn't go shirtless. He changed the setlist a bit and said he just wanted to make the songs he felt like doing and then started Any other World :boxed: I was happy to hear it, though.

As we wanted to make the audience think of us as freaks :naughty: we did some things during the show as parts of the Kick Ass-choreography from Amsterdam (thanks to Monie who taught us the important parts singing and waving in the mud before :biggrin2:), some bubbles for Happy Ending and some balloons for Lollipop which didn't really have any effect :sneaky2: Mika didn't react to anything of it which was fine as that wasn't our aim and some of the audience in our area were like :blink: when we started our Kick-Ass routine :roftl:

I got a bit worried when I checked out the band during Relax as I saw some change behind the keyboards. At first I thought I was just seeing badly and David might have gone to the hairstylist. But then I realised that it wasn't David who played the keyboards and became a bit worried / sad. I really like David and would be so sad if he left the band. But thank god we got to know that he was attending his best friend's wedding later on which is the best possible excuse for not being on stage :teehee: Respect for Marcus who did a good job instead of David playing all songs perfectly and also for being able to play Any other World that spontaneously :thumb_yello:

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty

After the gig we still had no sign from John so we wanted to find the backstage-entrance. As soon as we had done that there was a van leaving (band?) and another one with the LP / BG's. We literally ran behind them even though we knew where they wanted to go and told the others to wait there and inform John in case Karin and me wouldn't be back then and got to the car getting the present. We just came back when John finally sent us the „go“-message. The participants of the project were allowed to go in this building where the dressing-rooms were. It all got a bit chaotic because we had to prepare the suitcase and everything. At first John wanted us to wait in front of the building but when he saw the suitcase, asked what we were doing know and heard my answer „now we're setting up the stage“ he told Mellody and me to come inside as there was better light and a dry floor. So we started to prepare everything which isn't that easy with shaky hands and not much time :aah: I was really focused on the small details and especially the planets that were all mixed up. But I noticed that John and Mellody were talking about the other fans waiting outside and that Mellody wanted to get them inside. So then she left and I had to unravel those planets which I had only done once before and got even more nervous. Thank god Graciosa and Nessà helped me and tried to calm me down and we managed it somehow (still don't know how...) to fix the important parts by the time Mellody came back. Then we added the props and were ready – waiting for Mika. At first Yasmine stopped by (she didn't really want to but couldn't stick to her way I guess :D) and was so sweet-enthusiastic. Then I saw Cherisse and told her it was her sitting there and she liked it as well. And then Martin came and said that this doll couldn't be him as it would have to much hair lol BTW I'm really proud of me that I got what he said. It was the first time I heard him speaking for more than just a „hello“ and I'm not good with Scottish, I think. Jimmy took pictures of our set and especially of the small Jimmy :D But when Mika appeared we kind of pushed him away saying „you're in the way“ lol And then Mika saw it and I was just :swoon: The talk was to long and to detailed to be written down and you can see most of it in the video anyway. Just two quick notes: 1. I got a naughty look from him because he obviously thought the same of my last-minute-not-so-inflatable-big-girl-leg as I had thought when I saw it ready :roftl: 2. After the video stopped we told him that we hope to see him again soon and he answered „maybe in 1.5 years“. And we all went „oh, that's so long“ and he said „it's so much work“ and then Mellody asked him to keep us uptdated via twitter and he answered that he hated twitter. Then we suggested to blog or vlog instead and he said that he's busy writing a column for an Italian magazine right now. He started to column by telling that he first went to Italy when he was a child and decided to hate that country and grinned because it's exactly what the magazine doesn't want to print... And then John had a look on his watch and we had to hurry up. Before he left we took a really nice group picture

100_1365.jpg

and Mrs P. had a quick look on the present and seemed to be impressed as well :wub2:

After he left we all were on cloud nine (well, I'm still there :teehee:) and it took ages to say good-bye. The good thing about it was that we were all to happy to realise that we won't see each other again that soon about which we would have been very sad otherwise.

And then we started our looong way back to Munich, chatting and gushing all the way and meeting some MFCers at McDonald's :naughty: and then we finally went to bed at half past six or something – being awake for more than 24 hours :aah:

I loved meeting all of you again and I couldn't be happier about how it all went in the end. A huge thank you to our everytime-hero John :wub2: and everybody else involved to organise all the meetings and great moments we had on this tour. You all rock! Another thank you to Mellody for her organisation-talent and calmness in chaotic situations on the one hand and for the great suitcase-stage-idea on the other hand : flowers:

I'm sad that this tour for me is over now even though I could sleep for at least a week and my bank account is happy about a tour stop. But I know that Mika needs a break and hope he uses it the way he wants / has to. I hope to see him, the band, the crew-members I know and all you crazy and lovely MFCers again sooner than soon and can't wait to meet new people involved in those adventures, too!

Thank you for making me so proud and happy to be a part of you, MFC! :wub2:

Erm, yeah, back to basics: my pictures are here http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Summerdays%20Festival%2028th%20August%202010/ If you want any of the pics without my name and bigger, you can of course pm and I'll post the group pic in the German forum as well.

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty

thanks statue for your detailed part-3-report! (i skipped the other ones :blush-anim-cl::teehee: ) what alovely pic! :wub2:

i´m still too tired to write anything. so pics will follow. :wink2:

it´s been great to meet you all again or for the first time (like allegra)! thanks monie for reminding us how to dance kick ass! :flowers2: spending the day with the girls around me (emerald, monie, allegra, glowboxgirl...) was so much fun ... as always while waiting for Mika. :cheerful_h4h:

So here is my report. My day started at 4.00 am because I wanted to start driving to Arbon at 4.30 am. Because of the terrible weather I didn´t know how long I would be on the road.

I arrived the ferry at Friedrichshafen at 7.41 am ant got a call from Faballa and we decided to meet at the trainstation in Arbon as soon as I would arrive. So we met and were searching for a parkingplace where we could sleep in the car at night. Then we walked a little bit around the Bodensee an discovered some art there which was funny.

At least we went to venue because I wanted to see the area, it wasn´t planned to stay there. When the woman from the security searched my backbag she saw my Hawaii necklaces and asked me for what we needed them and we told her that we wanted to wear them for Mika and then she told us, that there are already a lot of people with that necklaces. As we walked to the stage we saw that some people were in frontrow. We knew all the MFCíers and DMF´cier there and some Silbermondfans were there. So we decided to stay there too. We got places on the right side in front of the piano together with Iseeyou and her daughter ( very lovely people ). It was still raining and the ground was very muddy so we couldn´t sit down. As we were standing there a young guy from security came and told us we can watch the building of Mika´s stageset and it was really interesting. Later we saw the soundcheck of the first Swiss band, four very young guys who looked very shy. Their little gig was amazing but there were nearly no one there in the audience.

The second band sung in Swissgerman, I nearly couldn´t understand anything but the few things I understood were very naughty lyrics. The music sounded really nice.

Even the third band " Lunik " was really good. The singer has a fantastic voice and she knows exactly how to handle the audience.

The fourth band " Dada ante portas " were absolutely fantastic. The crowd was in a very good mood and I loved the energy during their gig.

Then came Silbermond and for me I have to say they are absolute not my cup of tea. The singer talked too much and she animated the crowd to start pushing while she said they were too far away. Then she picked people from the middle of the crowd who had to push their way to the front to dance for one song on stage. Then one of the guys, I think it was the gitarist, threw a bottle of water in the middle of the crowd and the singer started crowdsurfing to bring the bottle back. I think it was a super expirience for the Silbermondfans, they were getting mad, but it made the whole thing very dangerous. The crowd behind us started pushing in a very bad way. So I have to say I don´t like Silbermond anymore.

Then my second negativ expirience of that day, after Silbermond, while Mika´s stage was set up, some drunken " The Baseballs " fans came behind us. It was the second time I was somewhere where " The Basaballs " performed and had the same expirience, drunken aggressive fans. That´s the reason why I couldn´t film anything but a few seconds from Billy Brown. The drunken people pushed so hard that the security had to pick up a lot of kids before they got hurt.

I made the banner for Mika and in the afternoon most of us signed it. I couldn´t find Nanou and Allegra for signing, sorry! We wanted to show the banner Mika during Happy Ending and give it on stage after the song ( we asked the nice securityguy to do it for us ) but with all the pushing behind us we learnt that wouldn´t be possible. So I decided quickly to give the banner to Yasmine when she was on stage before the show.

As the other said before David wasn´t there what shoked me a little bit. Then Mika came on stage. He started with Relax. Then he asked us if we are cold and we said " yes " and he said " O.K. I´ll warm you up". During Big Girls one of the " The Baseballs " fans threw something on stage and hit Mika and after this I got the impression that Mika´s mood got bad. Later they threw a cable roll toilet paper on stage :shocked:.

Mika rushed through his songs and didn´t look into the audience that much. But we did our best to support him and I think he saw that. He smiled during We Are Golden and when he came back for Lollipop I had the impression that he was more relaxed and he said that he wants to sing what he feels he wanted to sing and we got Any Other World and Kick Ass what surprised me really coz I thought before he only would do Lollipop.

I enjoyed the gig as good as I could with all the pushing behind me and Mika did really a good job.

I hope so much that someone filmed the scene with the big girlboy, it was so funny. I have only a few seconds of Billy Brown.

I came home today at noon and was so tired and my body was hurting very much after such a long day staying and dancing in the mud.

I wanted to say I enjoyed it very much to meet all the people again and also meet other people for the first time like Dutchy, Andre, Iseeyou and Michelle.

I forgot to say, mama P was there to choose bg/lg. She stood behind the barriere on the left side and sent a security guy to the people to ask them. So Dutchy, Andre and Michelle got on stage.

I forgot to say, mama P was there to choose bg/lg. She stood behind the barriere on the left side and sent a security guy to the people to ask them. So Dutchy, Andre and Michelle got on stage.

oh thanks for that info! i didn´t get that standing cause i´ve been standing on the other side! i thought she wasn´t there to pick people and suggested the people on stage might be crew members (and often the crew play tricks on the artist during the last show) :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

i´m sorry that the people were pushy on your side! :sneaky2: i just saw the first aid getting 2 (drunken) people out of the crowd.

oh thanks for that info! i didn´t get that standing cause i´ve been standing on the other side! i thought she wasn´t there to pick people and suggested the people on stage might be crew members (and often the crew play tricks on the artist during the last show) :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

i´m sorry that the people were pushy on your side! :sneaky2: i just saw the first aid getting 2 (drunken) people out of the crowd.

Yes one of them laid exactly in front of me and I seriously thought he would die

Hello - my first impression when the performance began was that I hardly missed David, the "Sunshine" within the band, he really deserves this nick-name;). There was another musician at the keyboard, Marcus was his name. And it seems also Mika has missed him a bit – you will see at the LL vid that he had done (at the drumming-part) all the commands for the move-changes by himself.

In Sabine' s opinion this missing of David could be a reason for Mika's quick run through his performance and his not so good mood at the beginning. This shouldn't be a bad critic on him only an objective observation but I couldn't felt that connection to the audience which I'm luckily felt in most of his gigs where I was.

So I was very positive surprised that he changed the setlist at the end and gave us 2 songs extra as a great bonus… IAOW!! and KickAss

Two remarkable tings – the bad one first: At the middle of DrJohn a "funny" person of the audience (I assume a drunken one) attacked Mika with a small, but bit heavier object cause it has a fast speed and hit him on the left arm. Mika winced to the side but didn't lost his countenance and continued singing (but before the next song he took a very sharp look to this object!). I don't think it hurt him but it was clearly a bad critic on him in an aggressive and primitive way, I felt extremely ashamed by this!

But I'll end my report with a more lovely one – Lollipop! and the guy in BG-costume, very funny! – cause this one "flirted" with Mika in a real funny way and Mika giggled so much, esp. when he was carried away by him! (and came back after this ;) ). So sorry, that the memory card of my camera was full just at the end of LL (typically!! pfff), only can show you the first part of the song.

Ok, I'm at work now, at evening I'll upload my vids – KickAss, WAG, IAOW and first part of LL. Till then have a good day :)

Edited by faballa

I'll write a quick little report too :biggrin2:

I went up to Switzerland on Friday, stayed in Zurich overnight as I wouldn't have got to Arbon on Saturday early enough. So I did Zurich-Arbon on Saturday morning in full gig gear :lmfao: I got there around 9.30, saw the band's tourbus on my walk from the train station, and got front row, right of the centre when we got let in at 10.

Luckily it didn't rain as much as I thought it would! Faballa had very kindly bought me a rain poncho, and I was surprised that my clothes & bags weren't as covered in mud as I expected!! The other bands were good, but the day felt very long!

Unfortunately by the time the band before Mika (Silbermond) came on a bunch of kids had managed to push into front row and things were very squashed. I'm aching all over from the pushing and shoving! But when Mika was on there was more room, they were pretty much standing still. The audience weren't very enthusiastic, but that's what you get at a festival I guess... We made up for it though, the bubbles looked great during HE :biggrin2: I'd bought a Welsh flag with me to wave at Cherisse during the band intro (I always forget she's Welsh too, she reminded me at Cattolica :teehee:), which I did, and she waved at me at the end of the show. Imma was very amused with my big plastic lollipop too :biggrin2: I was in floods of tears during AOW, it was so emotional :tears: It was funny how he said he'd torn up the setlist, but I was worried that he wasn't going to do KA! It was great fun during the choreography to that! Jimmy's white doctor's coat cracked me up, trying to bring Toy Boy back to life! What amused me as well was how long it took for the stage to be set compared to the other bands :lmfao: What surprised me though was that he barely spoke any other language than English. I haven't read the other reports yet, so probably other people have mentioned that he wasn't quite on form, and for me that was a sign of it. But it was still a good show, I really enjoyed it. And the location was beautiful, right by the lake, it's just a shame the weather wasn't better, but there we go.

Thanks to everyone for the company and laughs, and thanks to Emerald for letting me have a space and sleeping bag in her tent :flowers2: