Mika @ Paradiso, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS, 27-10-2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

dcdeb

Try it! You don't have to be a professional singer to be in the choir, right?! :thumb_yello:

I know but well, I'm pretty insecure when it comes to my voice as I've never got any advices to sing well :') We'll see :blush-anim-cl: Anyway, I have nothing to lose~

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gig was awesome and Mika loved our pompoms ^^ He had to laugh about it hahah!

I forgot my battery from my camera, so I couldn't take photos.. But I did film a few videos from when we were queueing.. They're pretty funny :naughty:

Mika arriving in Amsterdam:

Queueing part 1

Queueing part 2

Queueing part 3

Queueing part 4

Please, if there are pics from us, cheering on the other side of the road, please upload them ^^ Would love to see them!

Love love love the reports ... so can't wait to see him in December ... or singing with him in December ... I'm still not sure whether to try or not ... it seems a blast but bugger my nerves and shyness ... :aah:

Loved the Happy Ending moment Ingie lol :thumb_yello:

You all did fantastic :wub2:

Loading up my pictures as we speak! It's been an unforgettable day and night! Had so much fun seeing everybody again! And it was cold, but hardly any rain, and lots of sunshine!

Asked Mika after the show what he thought of the pompons, and he loved them! They made him laugh! Well, knew that allready, you just had to look at his face at the moment we held our pompons high!

:huglove:

You can see my pictures on my facebook page:

I don't know what to do... I'm tempted to give it a try even if I'm not a professional singer :'X I know I sing better than a few years ago but I don't know if it'd be sufficient to get in the choir... Still training with different songs for now :mf_rosetinted: I have a kind of middle-ranged voice so it's pretty weird.. We'll see... I still have some time to think about it :aah:

I heard, but not 100% sure if it's true, that Tim picked the people with Mika.

I heard, but not 100% sure if it's true, that Tim picked the people with Mika.

Oh :shocked:

I'm gonna try to forget what I've just read... otherwise I won't even dare to send any video :mf_rosetinted: haha ;)

:shocked: Now I'm even more ashamed to have sent mine :aah:

Love love love the reports ... so can't wait to see him in December ... or singing with him in December ... I'm still not sure whether to try or not ... it seems a blast but bugger my nerves and shyness ... :aah:

Loved the Happy Ending moment Ingie lol :thumb_yello:

You all did fantastic :wub2:

Laurel you must go for it, cease the moment, otherwise you will regret it :thumb_yello::huglove:

I should get a chance to watch the videos later today, but the choir pics look amazing! I just saw Mika so I am not that interested in the show tbh :teehee: but the choir thing is so awesome I love seeing and hearing all about it.

I am definitely going to try out if I get another chance. I think my age is more of a liability than my medicore singing but I don't see what there is to lose in trying. I've caught Mika watching us dance in a couple of situations and he sees us singing all the time, just as he says in an interview in LA. He's already seen it all so I can't embarass myself any more in a video. :aah:

I can understand people don't want to be rejected/disappointed but I'm feeling regretful now and that bothers me more. John asked us to do the BG thing the first time on the 2010 tour and I was never interested in that but singing on stage as part of one of Mika's shows is just the ultimate as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.

Yes that is much more concise than what I said. YOLO. :roftl:

Do you think they'll call you back for other gigs?

Not sure if they can handle that:mf_rosetinted: He did say he hoped we would all sing together again someday. Never say never, man. I don't think it will be this tour though:naughty:

http://s83.beta.photobucket.com/user/Biekje/library/Mika%20Paradiso

They will all be on there within the next 30 mins. All the good-ish ones.

Oh, those are all better than "good-ish"! Thank you for sharing them! :wub2:

And thank you all for your photos, videos and reports so far! Just amazing to see/read everything! :flowers2:

I don't see what there is to lose in trying. I've caught Mika watching us dance in a couple of situations and he sees us singing all the time, just as he says in an interview in LA. He's already seen it all so I can't embarass myself any more in a video. :aah:

Exactly. I was thinking how ridiculous I must have looked at the NYC gigs, and started to feel embarrassed, wondering what Mika must have thought of this insane middle-aged woman jumping and singing along, every word to every song, because he clearly saw me... and then I realized: I DON'T CARE. I don't really care if he thinks I'm nuts (I guess I am) because I was having a great time, and as Ingie put it so well, YOLO. You Only Live Once. Life is way too short to let this sort of hang-up get in the way of something that could mean so much to you. So... you may be disappointed at being rejected, but if you don't try, you'll NEVER get anywhere. So you may as well try! :thumb_yello:

After signing a lot of autographs, Mika went back into Paradudi. I see on twitter niw why: he s going ti party!!

I love your current English AMP, lol.

Being part of the choir tonight was crazy and fun fun fun. One of the best nights of my life, I can honestly say. We went totally crazy. And got poured champagne by Mika afterwards. The band members were all extremely nice and approachable. Rehearsing in a dressing room with Tim was lovely and intimate. We hardly noticed when Mika joined the group. He gave us some singing tips, nice. We forgot them once we were on stage, lol. Crazy crazy fun night! :wub2:

Haha thanks! I was on Inge's phone which is quite small and I was a bit tired:teehee:

I loved the gig, much more then the HeinekenMusicHall. Because Paradiso is smaller and has a far better atmosphere.

Inge and I arrived in Amsterdam at noon and walked to Paradiso, while shopping in bit in a few stores.

We had to pass Paradiso on our way to our hotel, there was a nice group there already. Inge and I got number 28 and 29 and went to the hotel.

After a quick shower and change of bags (we only took a backpack with drinks and sandwiches, and the tickets) we walked back to Paradiso.

It was cold but the group sat close to each other on the steps so we warmed up a bit.

At last the doors opened, at 19.15H and we went in. Our group stood on the right side of the stage and first and second row.

I didn't really like the dj-act, only some hits they played, the rest was loud sounding rubbish imo:teehee:

At 20.30H Mika came on stage and started with (as I remember right) Blame it on the Girls.

I cannot remember the setlist, but others probably will.

Mika said that this was his first proper concert in Europe, after touring in the US. He told he was tired from jetlag and recording the show by Paul de Leeuw.

He really enjoyed Paul's show and explained we he had to do: Paul dressed him up as a gay-bolsjewiek and he had to make out with Paul next to a brick wall. Then the villagers gunned them down with a kalashnikov rifle. (I didn't see the show yet so I don't know how it worked out.)

Mika dedicated Billy Brown to Paul de Leeuw, which made me wonder if Paul was attending the gig. Anyone who knows that?:dunno:

Mika also chatted about recording the vid for Underwater. He said: "I thought filming in Los Angeles would be glamorous, but instead of a large studio I got a crappy pool in someones backyard! And black drapes to make it look expansive. My video is not cheap for God's sake!" (I hope I remember the words correctly, otherwise I hope someone will correct me.)

I liked the interaction with the Polkadotchoir, especially the big girl who got her round of applause during BigGirls.

It was funny when Mika tried his best to get the pianist of balance, but no matter how hard Mika tried by pullng strange faces, hanging over the piano and laughing in his face he still played on very well. Only once Mika tickled him he backed off. Funny to see that from a close distance!

Mika liked the pompom-action! Once the first notes from Popular, Sylvana, Patricia, Miek and other ducked down to get their pompoms, funny sight from my position behind them! Mika laughed when he saw the pompom and grabbed a yellow one to wave around with himself.

I think Mika looked very handsome is just a plane with shirt and black trousers! And his hair is nice and curly, like that too!

After the gig, at 22.30H we went outside to wait for Mika, which ofcourse took about one an a half hour! Mika was very friendly and chatty to people. He gave al lot of autographs, also to Inge an me, yeah!:blush-anim-cl:

It was very lovely to meet so much MFC'ers again, all very friendly people! Kath shared a hotelroom with us and gave me her book! I read the first page this moring and I must say: it is very promising, going to read further tonight.

I saw on Inge's smartphone that there were a lot of tweet about the concert, going to check them out tonight, but this one is plane mean:

J. Hendrix ‏@monsterfeelingz

Paradiso is mooi, heel mooi de fans van Mika zijn dan over het algemeen weer lelijk.

Paradis is beautifl, very beautiful, Mika's fans however are usually quit ugly

Stupid girl!

We are going out to dinner tonight, so I will watch Paul de Leeuw later this evening.

I really enjoyed yesterday!

Wrote a blog: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2012/10/rocking-****-out-of-paradiso.html

You know, I also wasn't sure about sending in my video. I thought I wasn't good enough. But, had I not done it, then I wouldn't have had the great experience I had yesterday, plus I wouldn't have met all these amazing people. Yeah, rejection is tough, and I would've been sad if I wouldn't have been picked, but at least you've tried.

As we say in my language; Nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen.

Which basically means: You have a no, but you can get a yes:naughty:

Wrote a blog: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2012/10/rocking-****-out-of-paradiso.html

You know, I also wasn't sure about sending in my video. I thought I wasn't good enough. But, had I not done it, then I wouldn't have had the great experience I had yesterday, plus I wouldn't have met all these amazing people. Yeah, rejection is tough, and I would've been sad if I wouldn't have been picked, but at least you've tried.

As we say in my language; Nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen.

Which basically means: You have a no, but you can get a yes:naughty:

Of; Niet geschoten altijd mis! ;)