2013 - Mika @ Seoul Jazz Festival 17 May - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

Apparently it was a pro choir, but you have to remember, they are singing in a foreign language too, and not for just one song. Imagine yourself singing Korean - how long did it take you to master Gangnam style, eh? Could you sing it and several other Korean songs on stage in front of 15,000 people? Puts it in perspective?

Was it a professional choir?

Yes, they are professional choir.

But the choirs and many audiences say "I couldn't hear the choir's voice because all the audiences sang like a crazy" :naughty:

Apparently it was a pro choir, but you have to remember, they are singing in a foreign language too, and not for just one song. Imagine yourself singing Korean - how long did it take you to master Gangnam style, eh? Could you sing it and several other Korean songs on stage in front of 15,000 people? Puts it in perspective?

I didn't mean to be so sharp, sorry. I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday. I was under the assumption the choir only sang limited lyrics, since he never lets the choir sing the full song. Singing 'origin of loooooooove' is no more difficult than just singing the 'gangnam style' part, language-wise. Mika planned to have us sing Karen with him in Brussels. They didn't tell us to practice the song in advance, he came up with the during the rehearsals, and half the choir didn't speak one word of French. But the only parts he wanted us to sing along were 'elle est libre' and 'chante au bistro quatre vingt deux', so it was fine. But perhaps because it was a professional choir they had more parts to sing, in which case it would have been more difficult indeed.

Edit: I loooove the girl dancing with him for big girl, and the choir did go crazy during celebrate, so :thumb_yello:

Edited by smokesignal

Hello everyone~

yup! Finally finish mika's asia tour..It makes us happy and sad..and think of good day at seoul jazz festival and jakarta, japan.

I'm not finish my work. so report write next time. first link some concert video. not mine ;D

We are golden

[YOUTUBE]GbSG1-xgdGo[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by laymay kang

step with me - by Baby jane

[YOUTUBE]EhpsDgXI9vY[/YOUTUBE]

love today

[YOUTUBE]bigiGrGVpWc[/YOUTUBE]

love you when im drunk

[YOUTUBE]JGLmmf0qgsM[/YOUTUBE]

Relax, take it easy

[YOUTUBE]I8sip6L2KfE[/YOUTUBE]

Lollipop

[YOUTUBE]we6t9Uh5aEM[/YOUTUBE]

Happy ending

[YOUTUBE]238yDgh0JFY[/YOUTUBE]

ENJOY~!!:mikalove:

Edited by laymay kang

Before back to the work,

yes, you are right. seoul choir was pro.

before the show, 2hr? maybe... I search for the everywhere mika tour team.

so finally told with some woman. she said... tonight show perform big venue. so we prepare pro choir several months ago. I'm sorry..

so this gig performed without fan. but now gig just finish..they right.. big venue and huge people does not easy experience.

thanks~~~~~~ mika always :thumb_yello:

Edited by laymay kang

Before back to the work,

yes, you are right. seoul choir was pro.

before the show, 2hr? maybe... I search for the everywhere mika tour team.

so finally told with some woman. she said... tonight show perform big venue. so we prepare pro choir several months ago. I'm sorry..

so this gig performed without fan. but now gig just finish..they right.. big venue and huge people does not easy experience.

thanks~~~~~~ mika always :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the report and vids sis... :huglove:amazing performance :wub2:

Just got myself together after dreamy 1 week. Today Back to work and just got home. Yes. the reality came to me again.

I already wrote long report in Korean, won't be easy but will try to translate it in English here. I know it will be kinda awkward with my broken English (oh well In Korean it was quite good :naughty:) I just want to leave something in English, and share my feeling and emotions with all my dear fellow Mika fans here...

I remember the moment when I first ever had Mika's very first gig in Seoul. At that time I was just 1 month fan who just started to like his music. Didn't know much about him, nor how he performs on stage.

After that concert, I thought like, That musician on that stage I just met on that night in small theatre is, just once-a-lifetime true musician who can share his energy and love with all audience there. And thought, I would do everything I can do, to see that musician just once per year in Korea. And thought, how amazing it would be, if this treasure artist could perform in The Olympic gymnastics stadium, the biggest indoor concert hall in Korea? That venue is only ever allowded to top place popstars - Beyonce, Muse, Maroon 5, only those three. And only Top-Class Kpop stars , like SNSD, DBSK can fill up the venue. so at that time 2009, Mika playing there was just like a dreamworld thing to me.

2013, just after 4 years after that unforgettable moment, my dream just come true, in a way that couldn't be more successful than this.

Actually I was a bit worried when first heard he's going to play in that dream venue. It was a music festival, and ppl said this years musician line-up of that festival is best ever. When Mika plays on that arena, Jazz legend Ramsey Lewis and Philip Bailey was set to play in Main outdoor stage and they were called 'true headliner' on that Jazz festival. And just few miles from that venue, at the same day, same time, Jason Mraz, undoubtly the most beloved popstar in Korea plays in another outdoor place. So I was quiet a bit worried, cuz I didn't want to show empty spaces to my favorite musician whom I loved more than I can say. So awkwadly, during other artists play there, sometimes I looked back to find out how many empty seats are filled. I was like a Fool...honestly...

It was just a Big-Match day for musicians. And you know what? All Press said on their news said, Our Mika was the Final winner on that crazy day.

After the former band played, Ppl came into the venue like a surge, from every opened gate. 3rd floor seats were filled like swept by crowds flood. On twitter, I got a message that no one should get out of the dome to go toilet or drink, cuz that venue is already out of capacity because of Mika, if go out the securities won't let them in. Securities all over that festival park were urgently gathered into the dome , talking into their radio, warn each other that too many ppl are rushing into the venue to see Mika. Oh my gosh, I was so nervous, and filled with so much emotions to see and hear that. It was not my gig, but I was awkwadly like that. you know what, on that night, I realized from whole body that my lifetime favorite musician became the top-class popstar who can fill this dream venue in whole tension.

Who dare grumbled he's playing in festival not his own gig? God, I could hear that ppl around me says like they had never seen this arena THAT FULL, being wowed and stunned, looking around every corner of this huge dome arena.

The gig was like, looking up my long time friend finally become greatest star in the world. It was just surreal. On twitter timeline, messages like 'oh sh*t this huge dome is shaking all over!' or 'is Mika kind of leader of some crazy new religious group?' were retweeted. 12,000 ppl all seem to know all of his songs. All were crazily reacted on his every gestures, talks, and small movements, like Mika was the God who can save them from their reality. When I hear 12,000 ppl singing lines of Stardust it was like a heaven it was sublime. When I jumped and scream with whole those ppl, from standing and seat of 3rd floor everyone 'We are not what you think you are', I thought I could die like this.

On that day, I could realize again that why I started to addict to this magical guy. And why this man is exceptional only one in this world. I was so proud to see him become one of most loved western popstar in my home country. So proud to see many Korean celebs visit this dome to just see Mika. It is truely an honor and I'm so lucky to see this career in small theatre and to this. Lifetime unforgettable moment.

I cried a bit when he sang 'Seoul, when will I see you again' and end the song Stardust. Yes.. as he said, maybe I have to wait for countless days to see him again here, maybe he never visit here again, 8,000 km from his home. Because I know I only could see him just once a year if I'm lucky enough, every moment of his Seoul concert is precious ever in my life.

My lifetime moment, wont forget that as long as I live.

PS : We didn't prepare any surprise this time. It was a festival so on that day Mika was not only for all Mika addicted crowds, but for more broad music fans. We know that we don't need to show up something to help him remember us living in tiny corner of the world any more, we don't need to spread paper plane & toilet paper vids to introduce Mika to random ppl on internet forums.

I didn't ask any autograph to him this time. I don't need to be greedy any more. I was just happy and full of heart to only concentrate on him and his music on that day..

Sorry for insanely long report full of all personal thoughts. If just several ppl reads this one-hour tooken report, I'll be so happy with that :wub2: I'm so proud to see my English that improved enough to be able to write this long report in English after 4 years in MFC world. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Yuna
  • Like 1

Aww, Yuna. How much do I love your report?! :wub2:

Thanks so much for sharing your feelings and experience with us. I hope you don't have to wait so long for your next Mika show! :huglove:

Sorry for insanely long report full of all personal thoughts. If just several ppl reads this one-hour tooken report, I'll be so happy with that :wub2: I'm so proud to see my English that improved enough to be able to write this long report in English after 4 years in MFC world. :blush-anim-cl:

Please don't be sorry, this is one of the best reports I've read! This is emotional and beautiful. Thank you. And I hope to attend a gig with you again soon :thumb_yello:

Yuna, I absolutely love your report. I could see from the videos he was on fire, and so was the audience, but you telling about it like that makes it even more beautiful. Thank you for writing it like that!

Brilliant report Yuna! Thanks for sharing your feelings about the whole experience. :flowers2:

Christine, during 4 years on MFC , I was lucky to meet several fellow fans in France and Japan. And you're one of fellow fans I want to meet in person most. :wub2: You'll never know, but you helped me to feel this alien foreign website just like my sweety home . Mikalove is not only com from him, but his sweet fans, you know. Thank you :wub2:

Aww, Yuna. How much do I love your report?! :wub2:

Thanks so much for sharing your feelings and experience with us. I hope you don't have to wait so long for your next Mika show! :huglove:

I hope to. After Every gig in Seoul, I used to think this might be my last Mika gig in my home country. :naughty: hope I could have more to go after .

Please don't be sorry, this is one of the best reports I've read! This is emotional and beautiful. Thank you. And I hope to attend a gig with you again soon :thumb_yello:

When will I see you again, Camille? :huglove:

Maybe I might rush to France again if feel he won't visit us next year. So sorry to my bank account... :naughty:

Jieun got so jealous these days... please comfort her if you meet her again :aah:

Yuna, I absolutely love your report. I could see from the videos he was on fire, and so was the audience, but you telling about it like that makes it even more beautiful. Thank you for writing it like that!

Thank you for reading my report. I'm so happy to share what I felt with MFC this time. My English got improved a lot, thanks to many fellow fans here. It took 4 years to me , so it's just like an huge personal achievement or something :aah:

I love your report, Yuna. Thank you for sharing.

I cried a bit when he sang 'Seoul, when will I see you again' and end the song Stardust. Yes.. as he said, maybe I have to wait for countless days to see him again here, maybe he never visit here again, 8,000 km from his home. Because I know I only could see him just once a year if I'm lucky enough, every moment of his Seoul concert is precious ever in my life.

My lifetime moment, wont forget that as long as I live.

Don't make me cry.:sneaky2: We need his concert in our countries for an excuse to visit each other.:huglove:

Yuna I saw ur report on fb and posted a comment there but thought I'd say here as well how moving it was! Thank u so much for a brilliantly written heartfelt piece :wub2::huglove:

Hope to feel the same way abt a mika gig somewhere in my home region one day!

Christine, during 4 years on MFC , I was lucky to meet several fellow fans in France and Japan. And you're one of fellow fans I want to meet in person most. :wub2: You'll never know, but you helped me to feel this alien foreign website just like my sweety home . Mikalove is not only com from him, but his sweet fans, you know. Thank you :wub2:

Awww :tears: I'd love to meet you too. I was going to ask Blue Sky if she saw you but she told me before I even had a chance to ask. Since we're both all over the world, hopefully our paths will cross some day. :huglove:

Omg yuna, have you seen? We're not the only ones loving your report, I just saw Mika team posted it on his facebook :thumb_yello:

:clap:

Was this aimed at me? Because I haven't even commented on their singing as I haven't watched any videos. I was just curious.

BTW, beautiful report Yuna! Well done!:wub2:

Was this aimed at me? Because I haven't even commented on their singing as I haven't watched any videos. I was just curious.

BTW, beautiful report Yuna! Well done!:wub2:

No, it was for the other bitchy Dutch girl aka me. I said their singing was great, by the way.

Edited by smokesignal