MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Article in Gala

@mikafrancenews: #TheVoice et @mikasounds dans Gala du 1 janv. 2014 :

http://t.co/sRuYnNs5dG

http://t.co/539CL9sYUE

270129Gala1a.jpg

674421Gala22a.jpg

Translation (sorry for my poor English, please correct me and feel free to ask if it's unclear :blush-anim-cl:):

Mika makes (well) the show

The third The Voice season starts from January the 11th on Channel TF1. With Mika as star coach! Confidences [?].

Everybody's waiting for him [as he is as famous as the "white wolf"]. Even if, for its third season, TF1's The Voice talent show (that will be broadcasted from January the 11th) still creates some emulation, the public is particularly interested in the arrival of the singer Mika.

The coach, who doesn't like so much to be called "little newbie" (he is actually 1,91 meter tall!), was greatly welcolmed by the "ancient ones": Jenifer, Florent Pagny et Garou. After a nice hazing ("we let him believe that his dressing-room was a very tiny room next to the toilets!" tells Garou, "and he was ready to go there without even turning a hair!" remembers with fun Jenifer) the Libanese-English singer felt surprisingly at ease. Speaking French as a French (he lived in Paris from 1986 to 1995), his comments and anecdotes, his digressions led him to be nicknamed "Mikapedia" by the public (from the name of the online encyclopedia Wikipedia). Even Jenifer tells from him he is a "tchatcheur" [someone always talking and being able to have answer to everything]. As a good friend he laughs at it: "I'm not a chatterbox! Even if, it's true, I don't think too much [before talking]. I think after. Thanks to God my long speeches are sometimes cut at editing! But me, I'm at ease. I forgot the video cameras. I feel as if I was in the studio with my musicians".

Tie-wearing and slim-fitted in an electric blue velvet Moschino suit, at ease in Louboutain designed sneackers, the hopping pop dandy doesn't hide his enthusiasm. He is ecstatic with his chair-neighbours: "About Jenifer, I immediatly felt that she is a girl I can go have a coffee or a beer with, that she is great. Garou is a "bad boy" and I like it. And Florent Pagny, I love him! We had both lyric training. With him you can quarrel without getting angry. If I was a talent, I would choose him!". He like them and his coach friends feel the same for him: "That an international star like Mika chooses to participate to The Voice France, that's the proof that our program is very good!" says Florent Pagny smiling. "We had already met shortly at Les Enfoirés last year, and I know that he is a good guy" continues Garou. "He is a sincere person, an excellent musician. He has a beautifull artistic sensibility in which I often recognize myself" says Jenifer happily.

The Relax, take it easy singer had already been contacted for the first The Voice season in 2011, but at that time he had declined the offer: "It was a new show and I was afraid that the concept may distort the personality of the coaches. And finally, by watching it in France and also in the US where I work most of the time, I noticed that the program is very well put together". Anyway well enough to convince Kylie Minogue ("she is my neighbor in London, I know her well!") to come support him for the coaching of his team.

Nobody knows of course if Mika will be the winning coach of this third edition, but one thing is already known: with him, the program has already won everything!

[next to the pictures:]

TF1 wanted him in its team! During the recordings of the blind auditions and of the battles, the fans gave the new The Voice coach Mika an ovation. Surrounded by Garou, Florent Pagny and Jenifer, the "new one" immediatly felt very much at ease.

There is a small part on the left side of the first page talking about coach that Mika is replacing, I haven't translated it as it's not about Mika

Today I got my invitation for the last recording on Tuesday 14th! :boing: So happy I can go on a week day for once.

Does anybody know more about the recording on Saturday 11th?

So there are again recordings from 11th to 14th January? Are there other recordings as well? And does someone know when the live shows will start?

Interview in Télé Magazine

@mikafrancenews: #TheVoice et @mikasounds dans Télé Magazine :

http://t.co/08G8A34zzk

http://t.co/ykBi8B9VQ1

http://t.co/yOw26lpGFV

http://t.co/ijLXrcJFnp

145074TlMag1a.jpg

760834TlMag3a.jpg

673862TlMag4a.jpg

486862TlMag5a.jpg

Translation:

[cover]

MIKA, HE is the star of The Voice!

[comment of the first page's picture p.10]

Called to replace Louis Bertignac, Mika had no need of a trial period! Thanks to his natural sense of the show, the American-Libanese singer brings more energy to the TF1 star program.

[article p.11]

Mika: I'm now taking control of my life

That's the first revelation of The Voice's third season. As natural as charismatic in his judge's role, the singer should quickly win the TV viewers' heart.

Why did you accept to be part of the jury for The Voice?

I have been asked for it for years. In France it's the first time that I say "yes" (Mika is already a judge for X Factor in Italy). Now it's the perfect timing. I finished my album Origin of Love and a one year and a half tour. I'm already preparing my next album, I'm at the half of it. I'll record it in Los Angeles in January.

How have you approached this role?

I made it "100% natural". As if I was in a bar with friends after a day of recordings [they wrote his own word "enregistrations" which is a mistake as we say "enregistrements"]. I forget very fast that the video cameras are here. I felt nervous during 10 minutes at the first show but then not anymore at all.

How did you find your place among the other judges?

We are complementary [?]. I talk a lot but I prefer being wrong than keeping silent. With Garou we have the same perception of the show. With Jenifer, I was afraid at the beginning that we look for the same kind of talents. With Florent, it's confrontation. At the canteen, for lunch or dinner, we seat in front of each other and we tell each other a few home truths!

Which principles are guiding you?

Sincerity. It's not our job to "do the TV". It's Nikos [the show host]'s job to wrap things up. We are not here to humiliate people, but if it's not good, we have to explain why. We are not looking for a singer, as there are already many singers. We are looking for someone unique.

You are very elegant, always dressed with a suit. Why?

Because I'm like this. And also because I'm lazy: I don't need to ask myself which outfit pass well to another one!

You are calm and full of an incredible enrgy at the same time. Which one is the true Mika?

It's difficult for me to describe myself. I started yound and I had to get out of it, to escape from something. Today I'm the result of what I have done, of my mistakes and of all the bull****s that I said.

You turned 30 in August, how did you celebrate it?

I gathered a part of my family, living everywhere in the world, in Italy in Piemond. We were 19 people. I made something very simple, with pasta and pizzas. That's the best food of the world! I spend all the money in fireworks that we did in the valley. I wanted to mark the things by making noise. It was wonderful.

Are you happy now?

I was really lucky. I grew up in a family in which my father was trying to make money with a job he was not liking, and my mother sacrified herself for her 5 children. I'm now taking control of my life. I don't want to wait anymore.

[yellow part of the second page]

Father? Yes, 100%!

In an interview for Vanity Fair, Mika, who doesn't hide his homosexuality, talked about his 7 years long relationship with his partner: "If we are talking about a classic wedding in a church, no, it's not for me. But if we are talking about having the same rights than a married couple, then I say yes 100%. I think I am able to give love and a good education to a kid. No doubt about that."

[under]

A few dates:

18th August, 1985: birth of Mickael Holbrook Penniman in Beirut, Lebanon, from an American father and a Libanese mother. He spend 8 years in Paris then leave for London with his family. He starts there to write his first songs.

2007: first album, Life in Cartoon Motion, sold 19 milions copies (1,2 in France)

2009: second album, The boy who knew too much

2012: third album, Origin of Love, with the hit "Underwater" and four songs in French, included "Elle me dit".

[left part on page 12]

Mika seen by... [???]

Florent Pagny:

Mika took the rythm immediately and he's got fun! He knows what he is talking about, the voice and the music, and he likes to talk. His French is excellent, and even if he seems lunar and naïve, he is quite clever.

Jenifer:

Mika immediately felt at ease in his chair, and we also make him feel well. He is a very good singer and an excellent musician, a multidimensional artist and he brings us his sensibility, his modesty, his humility and his madness.

Garou:

On stage, Mika sometimes looks at me with fear, but it's part of our game. With the red button we have such a responsability, even more during the coaching times and the choice of the songs. Our buddy games helps us to relax.

Edited by Alireine

Today I got my invitation for the last recording on Tuesday 14th! :boing: So happy I can go on a week day for once.

Does anybody know more about the recording on Saturday 11th?

Recording registration for the 11th just opened!

http://www.emissions-tv.com/emissions/271/the_voice_epreuve_ultime

So there are again recordings from 11th to 14th January? Are there other recordings as well? And does someone know when the live shows will start?

Yes, one on the 11th and the other on the 14th. That's new of this year, no idea what it will be exactly.

Then nothing (except on TV ;-) ) until end of March we think, for the live shows.

Thank you very much for the translations :huglove:

Yes, one on the 11th and the other on the 14th. That's new of this year, no idea what it will be exactly.

Then nothing (except on TV ;-) ) until end of March we think, for the live shows.

Thanks for the information :thumb_yello: So only these two dates for now.

Yes, end of march makes sense, I just looked up the dates of the last season: 6 shows blind auditions and 4 shows battles where broadcasted before the live shows started. But strange that there is no official date yet :blink:

@sold copies of LICM

I think it's a mistake that gets copied from one article to the next :mf_rosetinted: I vaguely remember an interview from last year where the interviewer says this huge number as well and Mika corrects it, saying "no, it's more like...". But I don't know the number he is saying any more or which interview it was :mf_rosetinted:

Recording registration for the 11th just opened!

http://www.emissions-tv.com/emissions/271/the_voice_epreuve_ultime

Merci! :thumb_yello:

Actually, I didn't register because I don't think I can afford to go to the show twice in such a short time :huh: But at least I'll see the show on TV on the 11th (is what I'm saying to myself to convince myself I won't be missing too much :huh:)

Merci! :thumb_yello:

Actually, I didn't register because I don't think I can afford to go to the show twice in such a short time :huh: But at least I'll see the show on TV on the 11th (is what I'm saying to myself to convince myself I won't be missing too much :huh:)

I guess it's not possible for you to stay in Paris from Saturday to Tuesday?

I guess it's not possible for you to stay in Paris from Saturday to Tuesday?

Theoretically it's possible as I'm not working on these days but technically it's a bit complicated (and expensive :mf_rosetinted:)

You made me doubt a little though so I've registered in the hope of finding a solution :teehee: If I definitely can't go, I'll leave my ticket to anyone who wants it