The MFC Memories

CazGirl

Hey guys,

I was just doing some thinking (which isn't always a necessarily good thing). I've been at this forum since February, which is nearly eight whole months.

I found the site on google I believe...I think I was searching Mika's lyrics and the fanclub came up. I only signed on here to correct a few lyrics...I never even gave a proper introduction.

From the moment I posted, I was hooked...although I didn't think I'd be here this long. I once signed onto a few forums but never stayed on them. Some of them I never even posted but this...this one's special. I'm on here every single day (yes I do have a life) and I never seem to get tired of it.

What are my favourite memories?

The very beginning of this fanclub. A time when Sunny Monkey and Cautionary Wife posted regularly. A time when we had very little members (one time we celebrated having 1000 but I can't remember when that was). A time when Freddie and Sivan were not mods (I still remember the day they became!) and a time when there was no such thing as Sasje's Butterfly Bar, or the Girl's Thread.

It was a time of Mika's growth, and it was a time of the fanclubs too. It was such a buzzing and exciting time...Grace Kelly was number one. Life In Cartoon Motion was number one.

My other favourite memory was Sivan's scrapbook. I believe that's where I truly became a member: the anxiety I held within myself was unexplainable; would Mika get it? Would Mika see my message? Would I see him receive it?

And then my other favourite memory was when I won the MySpace competition :biggrin2: but then again that's about me and not the fanclub so I won't delve into it :bleh:

But what are YOUR favourite memories? Feel free to share them!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment I joined has been a major highlight for me haha. I have been here now for 5 months and I enjoy every second of it. I can remember when they needed people for the big girl video and a few of the members were chosen to participate and many of us were sitting until midnight (at least I did:roftl: ) staring at the screen, hoping for reports. Or the Birthday project, the disappointment that it couldn't be given to him personally and the fear that he might not have received it, then the messages that he did and ofcourse his message on MySpace:roftl: These past 5 months have been so great and I wouldn't want to turn back time because I found the place where I belong, right here:thumb_yello:

This is sad, but I really cannot remember a thing. I've been here for about 6 months, and it's all gone by so fast! I remember little conversations I've had, but it's all been such a blur. The MFC has become a part of my everyday life, no matter how strange that may be, and it's like trying to remember what I had for breakfast last Wednesday. I can't.

I remember when I got here, Freddie only had about 5-6,000 posts or so, and Caroline, you only had about 1,500 or so. I remember that I was seriously amazed at how much you guys had posted. :naughty: I remember having a conversation in the Girls' thread about childbirth. Those are like, my earliest memories. :roftl: The scrapbook had JUST been given to Mika when I got here, and I remember reading through the pages and feeling bad because I hadn't joined early enough. :naughty:

Ummm .. ii Dont Know as it goes

Probs My Relaxxx Card .. Lolz

i was like EEEEEEEEe .. && Pinchin all my mates at school for weeks until the V Fest lolz

x

lol bless ya xD glad i was part of that to make ya feel good!

This is sad, but I really cannot remember a thing. I've been here for about 6 months, and it's all gone by so fast! I remember little conversations I've had, but it's all been such a blur. The MFC has become a part of my everyday life, no matter how strange that may be, and it's like trying to remember what I had for breakfast last Wednesday. I can't.

I remember when I got here, Freddie only had about 5-6,000 posts or so, and Caroline, you only had about 1,500 or so. I remember that I was seriously amazed at how much you guys had posted. :naughty: I remember having a conversation in the Girls' thread about childbirth. Those are like, my earliest memories. :roftl: The scrapbook had JUST been given to Mika when I got here, and I remember reading through the pages and feeling bad because I hadn't joined early enough. :naughty:

ROFL :roftl:

I remember being determined to post so much just so my user title would change xD

I was so proud when I reached one hundred :roll1:

oh how times change!

I remember being determined to post so much just so my user title would change xD

oh how times change!

I know! For a while, especially when I was in the upper 100s, I was thinking, "Ahh, gotta post more!" so I'd pretty much power post, but now I don't care. :naughty:

Oh my favourite memories are from back when we were waiting for people to return from the gigs in february, the excitement of seeing pictures from the Newcastle meet-up, the excitement when the album was finally released in Denmark, the scrapbook and the video of Mika recieving it. Also the VEGA gig of course and the beginning of the appleman thread. And all the fun of trying to figure out the correct lyrics, espescially for Stuck In The Middle, the whole Tamagotchi-mania and the randomness in the beginning with gingerbread and fruit Mikas :yay: Also the viking thread in the beginning where we planned how to kidnap Mika and the middle-ling thread when we were some regulars in there. Oh and the "claim your husband" thread was one of the funniest threads, so great when someone claimed Freddie's flat :biggrin2:

oh how times change!

Yeah, me too! Reaching 100 posts was a milestone. I'm here since early march, and I'm still here everyday. I was too late for the scrapbook. But I'll always cherish the birthday-project. How hard it was to deliver it, how many of us were dissapointed, and then, at the right time the message from Mika. I was happy like a child then, it was so cute, and I was so happy for Avoca! :wub2:

Difficult to pick a moment in the forum...

all the excitement of the gigs, when tons of us wait in the thread for any info and don´t care about the hour....the first knitting threads, mika´s sexuality threads which become in the most chaotic thing ever (kata, remember when i was engaged to a chinese vase? XDDDD), bday threads, every single bar...

i can´t pick a special memory because they´re all special for me :wub2:

all the excitement of the gigs, when tons of us wait in the thread for any info and don´t care about the hour....the first knitting threads, mika´s sexuality threads which become in the most chaotic thing ever (kata, remember when i was engaged to a chinese vase? XDDDD), bday threads, every single bar...

Oh damn I forgot to mention the sexuality threads indeed :roftl: Some of this forum's finest moments:mf_rosetinted: my personal favourite was the one that turned into a discussion about aloe vera, but the one with people marrying lovely old men and chinese vases was also a beauty, as was the one that turned into a discussion about baked beans - in fact I think they were all good :arf2: We badly need a sexuality thread :fisch:

Oh, and when The Knitting Thread was The Pervert Thread! :biggrin2:

And that girl posting, "Is Mika a pervo?" :roftl:

:roftl: totally forgot how the knitting thread actually started :lmao:

Another forgotten thread is the one where someone had read on youtube that Mika had a girlfriend who was one a specific page among his myspace friends and everyone trying to guess which one it was - before it turned into a discussion about aliens that is :roftl: Think that one was deleted though :emot-sad:

Oh damn I forgot to mention the sexuality threads indeed :roftl: Some of this forum's finest moments:mf_rosetinted: my personal favourite was the one that turned into a discussion about aloe vera, but the one with people marrying lovely old men and chinese vases was also a beauty, as was the one that turned into a discussion about baked beans - in fact I think they were all good :arf2: We badly need a sexuality thread :fisch:

HAHAHAHA!! We can´t :(

the one of mika´s a pervo was so funny :roll1:

I remember that thread where you were engaged to the vase:naughty: Wasn't it the one where I was engaged to Swiss Chocolate and shortly after made the Let's Touch Freddie thread?:biggrin2:

all the b4 mentioned threads were funny, another is when we thought mika was one of us and everyone was supected and investigated:roftl: ...

I think we scared him away

Ay ay ay yes we scared him away :doh: I remember that morning where he edited a post and I was all "oh I know who you are muahahaha" :roftl:

Wow... I just read those posts and I can almost remember anything..:wub2:

(even the threads I didn't post in..:naughty:)

I still remember the Gingerbread Mika too..:shocked:

I was still a newbie at that time..:blink:

Still being scared of Freddie, can you imagine that??:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

That's over now though..:mf_rosetinted: