The MFC Memories

CazGirl

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Hollis and I decided to be roomies with Mika in a twisted, pre-LiCM, Three's Company thing.

Nicka kicked puppies.

"What kind of demon mechanical puppies are these?!"

This thread is so much fun to read. :D

When I joined I never expected to hang around as long as I have. I also never expected to be able to follow what the hell was going on as the traffic here is insane (I'm used to smaller boards).

First thing I noticed was how friendly everyone here is. Really, I've been roaming the internet for many years and this is by far the most loving place I've encountered.

My fondest memory is the birthday project. The euphoria when we read he had received it.

I remember that someone once lost Freddie, Holy Johnny and Mika at the same day!!

:tears: I feel so guilty... *hides behind desk*

But.. BUT they're back safe and sound, aren't they? :tears:

...aren't they? :shocked:

Violet, I love you. :tears::huglove:

Your wonderful room will forever be in my memories!

Oh thank you :huglove:

Hannah, you're special to me and not only because we had our 1000th post anniversary at the same day :wink2:

:tears: I feel so guilty... *hides behind desk*

But.. BUT they're back safe and sound, aren't they? :tears:

...aren't they? :shocked:

Well.. Mika is back at his old place, Freddie is back too..:thumb_yello:

But where is Holy Johnny???? :shocked::sneaky2:

Well, I joined this fanclub in April, but didn't start posting until June (the fourteenth to be exact), so I missed out on a lot of cool memories.

But from the memories I do have of my first weeks on the fanclub, the greatest ones would have to be meeting some of my best MFC buddies.

The people that I talk to regularly on here now are the people who first made me feel welcome.

Also, when people in Night Owls first started talking to me. LOL I felt like I was invited into a whole new random world.

Which is pretty much what happened the second I posted my first post on the MFC.

Oh, and I never posted an introduction, either.

I posted this in the favourite quotes thread.

We are all moulded and remoulded by those who have loved us and, though that love may pass, we remain, none the less, their work. No love, no friendship can ever cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark upon it forever."

Francois Mauriac, French novelist (1885-1970)

The MFC has left it's mark, I would say!

We are all moulded and remoulded by those who have loved us and, though that love may pass, we remain, none the less, their work. No love, no friendship can ever cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark upon it forever."

Beautiful, that quote :original:

...we have a favourite quotes thread?

It sure did, Babspanky..:thumb_yello:

wow this thread got kinda popular quick!

i read every single page and i have to say, how LOVELY it is to see everyone getting on with each other! it's so nice bringing the good stuff back up :biggrin2:

I so remember the Gingerbread Mika and the Vegetable Mika threads!! weren't they a competition?? Some of them ruled!! :roftl:

i also remember when LookOverMyShoulder posted and everyone was probing questions about whether it was Mika or not :roftl: God that was so early on!

I had so many awesome late nights here too. The birth of the Girl's Thread ... I've never laughed so hard :roftl: and i repeat we were all JOKING :lmao:

I also remember EnFa starting up the Love Today compiled FanVideo...which STILL hasn't been made...

Yes..:shocked:

But sadly enough it really seems to be a memory now..:boxed:

Hi by the way..

And what about those MFC awards??

did anyone win something actually??

Yeaah whatever happened with those projects ?

Niceeeeeeee

For me a cold winter night in January looking for mika tickets .... things have never been the same

Posting threads congratulating people on 1000 posts , we kept that going for a while .... now its a different matter:shocked:

Coming back after day away and being able to read all the posts .. all 20 of them:wink2:

Gingerbread Mika ... was brilliant , everyone cooking ann making edible mikas

Seeing Grace Kelly go to number 1 , I remember that thread and all the MFC peeps were soooo happy:thumb_yello:

How everyone used to chat with each other , we all knew each other and had a bond ... this is around the 300 member mark

Loads of newbies .. was fabby seeing everyone join and increase the MFC

Chicken ......

I remember trying to find another Mika fan in Toronto and no one knowing who the heck I was talking about....this was November 2006. So I found this place and became a member in early January. I didn't even know what a "forum" was...:blink:

I lurked for weeks and weeks, and was too afraid to post.

I remember the shock of finding out Mika was coming to Toronto.

I remember the shock of seeing JackViolet's pics from the DC gig and realizing he was a she.

I remember the shock of Kata having her panties all in a knot (dumb expression, I know) because we went on a tangent about Katy Perry...:mf_rosetinted:

I remember taking a really long time to figure out what the "appleman thread" was all about. Even more so, understanding the sarcasm of it all (yes, I am naive and slow)

I remember Christine telling me we should do a "road trip" together one day. And now... we're flying to London!

We need to make sure to bump this thread for January 5th.

Extra special mentions:

Meeting Christine.

Meeting Robertina from Italy.

Meeting carrinevie from the UK.

Cursing when Mika cancelled Quebec.

Double cursing when Mika cancelled Canadian IDOL.

Falling back in love with him 2 hours later. :wub2:

I have been on this forum since early march... I found out about it via YouTube..

I never thought when I joined this place it would become such a big part of my life and I never thought I would make such good friends !

So many memories...

-Being able to read all the new posts in less then half an hour

-Reading the reports from the gigs

-Writing them

-All the cool projects

-The randomness

-Getting all excited for Mika's show in Québec in august... then finding out about the cancellation

-The time FD and the gang weren't allowed in at a gig

-The brace-appeal thread which I started and who is sleeping somewhere around

-Staying up late to translate an article or interview

-The disappointment when Mika's gift couldn't be delivered to him, and then the excitment when he finally got it and wrote us a thank you note on myspace

-The start of the Canadian Thread

-The time when I thought told Montréal to go eff themselves

-Meeting MFCers ( I hope I get to meet more of them !)

so many other things...

but I think my best memory is Sivan's scrapbook !!!!