The MFC Memories

CazGirl

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember being determined to post so much just so my user title would change xD

I was so proud when I reached one hundred :roll1:

oh how times change!

So was I...

Oh, and when The Knitting Thread was The Pervert Thread! :biggrin2:

And that girl posting, "Is Mika a pervo?" :roftl:

I remember that!!!! That was funny!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS. and then started all freddie´s madness: his CD, his don´t care thread...

KATA, you´re not the only one who thinks that :fisch:

Awww... the CD...

don´t forget my thread about his fashion style :roll1:

Oh yes... he looked amazing in that!!!

Okay.. my memories... Most of mine are when people were fighting...

I remember the Britney VMA thread (argument)... the I'm Sorry thread (argument)... the thread FD started after that one (argument)... Kata and a few others bitching in the appleman thread about the new mods not being able to delete stuff...

And I remember Yop yelling at people for starting duplicate threads...

Why is that the only stuff I remember!!! :thumbdown:

Wait... I remember the excitement of Mika coming to Sydney! :biggrin2:

Okay.. my memories... Most of mine are when people were fighting...

I remember the Britney VMA thread (argument)... the I'm Sorry thread (argument)... the thread FD started after that one (argument)... Kata and a few others bitching in the appleman thread about the new mods not being able to delete stuff...

I think I had a major hand in all those threads. Probably not a good thing. :blush-anim-cl:

I joined just after Sivan's scrap book, but I have been here since Feb...favourite moments, when we were all listening live to a Radio one interview and all of us round the world were posting in real time about what he was saying, that was a big highlight for me back then. After that was the concert waiting and reviews and all the stuff we still do now, but esp when Sivan got asked up on stage as a Lollipop girl, when Mika wore the Tartan trousers and hearing about it here in real time via Wendi.

Winning tickets to see Mika in Japan at MTV video awards, and the amount of encouragement I got from MFC to go to the awards and hold up an MFC sign (in those days there was only one or two other signs round...and I was ALONE in Tokyo, almost the only MIKA fan at MTV and it took quite a bit of courage!!)

Coming back from the show, gutted that I didn't meet MIKA, and finding deek (remember deek??:wub2:) had found my pic on MTV Japan website, hours before I even got home, and there were pages of messages from people calling out for me and my report (being the only person at the show from MFC!!) Made me feel really loved, even though I was so sad for not meeting the man.

I remember when Rainbow Sky started the Aussie thread, and all the friends I made over there, then when everyone was getting excited about the ONLY Oz show, and then the talk and vids after it was all over, ....well now we do that for every show, but they were so special back then because the shows were happening so far away, and we had so few MFCers going. Most of us didn't even know how to upload a vid to youtube...our technical skills have definitely quadrupled this year out of sheer necessity!!

I remember when Freddie owned the bar, before Sasje took over. I remember when Sou was on here all the time and the day I discovered she was also MikaObsessed on youtube, I remember when Yopp got tired of people asking the same questions and made her FAQ, bab sent me the flashing heart and we made the MOTHERS' CLUB for all of us mums on MFC. I remember lots of fights, the terrible stuff round the cancellations, great sadness for those who spent money and didn't get a show (or two or three). I remember when Bab changed her sig to I'm a twat for liking Mika and I still laugh when I see it thought I know what was behind it!! I remember Mika getting sick, and all the speculation that went with it.

After the Tokyo concert was HEAPS of fun for me back here and I just couldn't drag myself away, even though I was supposed to be leaving for summer hols. It was hilarious to have become known as the "face" of MFC over here in Japan after that deek photo, and I had people coming up to me at the concert taking pics with me and the (new) MFC sign. But I am sure that it was BECAUSE of MFC that MIKA asked to meet me in Tokyo, and THAT was the highlight of my entire year, MFC or otherwise. :biggrin2:

But almost every day I find something great on MFC. I have participated in so many fan projects, scrap books, birthday presents, I have been a courier of letters, I started up the thread for Saranayde (along with a few other threads in the dim dark past) ....I really feel at home here now. You are really like a second family!! :flowers2:to all of you!!

Hey guys,

And then my other favourite memory was when I won the MySpace competition :biggrin2: but then again that's about me and not the fanclub so I won't delve into it :bleh:

But what are YOUR favourite memories? Feel free to share them!

Ah...I remember that!! We were all so nervous for you and XlaurenX...I think

I joined just after Sivan's scrap book, but I have been here since Feb...favourite moments, when we were all listening live to a Radio one interview and all of us round the world were posting in real time about what he was saying, that was a big highlight for me back then. After that was the concert waiting and reviews and all the stuff we still do now, but esp when Sivan got asked up on stage as a Lollipop girl, when Mika wore the Tartan trousers and hearing about it here in real time via Wendi.

Winning tickets to see Mika in Japan at MTV video awards, and the amount of encouragement I got from MFC to go to the awards and hold up an MFC sign (in those days there was only one or two other signs round...and I was ALONE in Tokyo, almost the only MIKA fan at MTV and it took quite a bit of courage!!)

Coming back from the show, gutted that I didn't meet MIKA, and finding deek (remember deek??:wub2:) had found my pic on MTV Japan website, hours before I even got home, and there were pages of messages from people calling out for me and my report (being the only person at the show from MFC!!) Made me feel really loved, even though I was so sad for not meeting the man.

I remember when Rainbow Sky started the Aussie thread, and all the friends I made over there, then when everyone was getting excited about the ONLY Oz show, and then the talk and vids after it was all over, ....well now we do that for every show, but they were so special back then because the shows were happening so far away, and we had so few MFCers going. Most of us didn't even know how to upload a vid to youtube...our technical skills have definitely quadrupled this year out of sheer necessity!!

I remember when Freddie owned the bar, before Sasje took over. I remember when Sou was on here all the time and the day I discovered she was also MikaObsessed on youtube, I remember when Yopp got tired of people asking the same questions and made her FAQ, bab sent me the flashing heart and we made the MOTHERS' CLUB for all of us mums on MFC. I remember lots of fights, the terrible stuff round the cancellations, great sadness for those who spent money and didn't get a show (or two or three). I remember when Bab changed her sig to I'm a twat for liking Mika and I still laugh when I see it thought I know what was behind it!! I remember Mika getting sick, and all the speculation that went with it.

After the Tokyo concert was HEAPS of fun for me back here and I just couldn't drag myself away, even though I was supposed to be leaving for summer hols. It was hilarious to have become known as the "face" of MFC over here in Japan after that deek photo, and I had people coming up to me at the concert taking pics with me and the (new) MFC sign. But I am sure that it was BECAUSE of MFC that MIKA asked to meet me in Tokyo, and THAT was the highlight of my entire year, MFC or otherwise. :biggrin2:

But almost every day I find something great on MFC. I have participated in so many fan projects, scrap books, birthday presents, I have been a courier of letters, I started up the thread for Saranayde (along with a few other threads in the dim dark past) ....I really feel at home here now. You are really like a second family!! :flowers2:to all of you!!

Wow, that was just wonderful! Even if I don't have all of the memories that you do (since I haven't been here as long), you made me feel like I could remember those things! The MFC has certainly been great to you this year! :)

I agree with Hollis! This was great Blue Sky - I can't believe I forgot to mention half the things you just did (Tartan Trousers, Sivan as Lollipop girl).

-capturing Mika on video in Glasgow wearing the tartan trousers and saying "hi" to hoochatootch and rainbow sky!

-Then there was Mika asking "Where's Robertina?"

-Daisylou being one of the first MFCers to report getting multiple KISSES from MIKA!

-And "No Chicken Tonight" video captured by carrinevie!

-Cynthia Mulat's novella about her whole afternoon with Mika and his peeps!

-Yop's complex about her hair as a result of Mika's comments.

-Mika's people paying for the cafe bill for the MFCers that were there with him!

-babsou productions always supplying us with entertainment

(I'll continue to remember a dozen more again later!)

It just goes to show how significant this place has been for me in the past year.

It's annoying how I often feel that I have to defend myself when I speak of this forum to people in my "other" everyday life, and convincing them that all of you are just as real and important to me as though I met you face to face!

I don't want to speculate how long our little community here will continue as I am quite surprised it has been this long already. It saddens me to think that many of us might lose touch one day - but I don't dwell on that for too long, because I will take it as it comes and enjoy every moment I can.

:wub2:

I think I had a major hand in all those threads. Probably not a good thing. :blush-anim-cl:

Hehe... I think you did too!

But that's okay Christine! I still love you! :biggrin2:

I think everyone gets over it pretty quickly and we all get along afterwards... tis all good! :thumb_yello:

Oh, I remembered some other things that happened in the Australian thread... esp where soangel thought it was funny to say I was pregnant and that it was the immaculate conception... and the ensuing conversation... :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

I think everyone gets over it pretty quickly and we all get along afterwards... tis all good! :thumb_yello:

Oh, I remembered some other things that happened in the Australian thread... esp where soangel thought it was funny to say I was pregnant and that it was the immaculate conception... and the ensuing conversation... :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

You are not pregnant??:shocked:

And I was already happy that I was not the only one getting MFC babies..:naughty:

(sorry.. didn't follow the whole story.. Freddie told me bits about it..:wink2:)

That was priceless.. You're the one who kept saying you felt sick :wink2:

Okay, I remember the excitement leading up to Sydney, and then meeting each other, and Tegsta getting injured by a stray lollipop.

I remember when DC first started posting, and Raffa and manhands became regular fixtures in the Aussie thread.

I remember getting 100 posts and feeling special.

I remember 'the' pic and the laughs we had about that in the line and in the aussie thread

I remember HJs confession booth.

I remember when Freddie owned the bar

And many more events

My favorite memory is when I've started to post (in may) I had only a few posts and now I have over 17000 posts :shocked::blink:

Well I can not remember so many nice memories because here everything is so wonderful and all the people here are so nice with each other (even sometimes we're crazy:naughty: )

Yes MFC is my 2nd home and I love you all !!:biggrin2::huglove:

You are not pregnant??:shocked:

And I was already happy that I was not the only one getting MFC babies..:naughty:

(sorry.. didn't follow the whole story.. Freddie told me bits about it..:wink2:)

Unfortunately no... I would need a male to be with me for that to happen...

I wonder how much he told you though...

That was priceless.. You're the one who kept saying you felt sick :wink2:

Yeah, well... that wasn't the reason!!! You generally need chickeny action for that to happen... and I don't think I'm religious enough for the immaculate conception to be viable...

Okay, I remember the excitement leading up to Sydney, and then meeting each other, and Tegsta getting injured by a stray lollipop.

Damn that was good... except for being injured by the stray lollipop... least it was after my pic was taken with Mika.. that pic is fricking awesome!

And so is 'the' pic... can't believe I got it on my camera!!!

I remember when DC first started posting, and Raffa and manhands became regular fixtures in the Aussie thread.

Oh yes... good old manhands... and Raffa...

I also remember Suzy's comment about Mika playing dinner shows in Vegas when he's old and we would have him all to ourselves then (assuming I still have enough marbles left to get myself there in my late 70s!!) That was one of my favourite ever comments.

I remember when Happikali got a myspace page (we were all such beginners at that stuff!!) and when we all chatted about Mika playing on her verandah.

I remember writing to Sunny Monkey to get my name changed from New Mika fan and being politely told I would have to post more to get to the point it automatically changed over...that's all changed now....and once I started posting I never stopped!

I remember Steph getting chicken pox and not being able to go to the Birmingham show.

I remember an argument once where someone was getting stuck into someone else quite strongly and a post came in that said Come on be nice, she's only 12, (or something like that) and realising that we had a HUGE range of ages on here. (and my son was only 12 so it really hit home!)

I remember for the first few months hardly ever going to bed before 2am because I couldn't stop having fun on here!!

I remember this Myspace post from Mika in early Feb

Hi and thank you from MIKA (in San Fran)

I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on here over the past few months. I know exactly where the bulk of support I've been getting has come from. I have just received a text message telling me that the album has made number one in the UK. I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I'm totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound asleep. Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated, gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Thank you, to all of you.

Mika xx

(Those were the days when Mika ran his own myspace....)

I remember the day Perez Hilton joined MFC, that was a riotous frenzy then!!

I posted this in the favourite quotes thread.

We are all moulded and remoulded by those who have loved us and, though that love may pass, we remain, none the less, their work. No love, no friendship can ever cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark upon it forever."

Francois Mauriac, French novelist (1885-1970)

The MFC has left it's mark, I would say!

Wow, that's a little more sentimental than I would have expected

from you -- but I totally agree with you, babs! :thumb_yello:

So many of you have already touched on some of my most magical MFC

memories... I started reading here in January, but didn't post until the

end of February -- I was already member 1555 by then! Even though

I tried to be good and not spend all day here,

I think I was hooked from the beginning just because

of the lovely camaraderie you could feel. Since then, there have

been so many many memorable moments for me, I can't list them

all, but these spring to mind:

-- When Sivan wrote about giving Mika the scrapbook and then shared

the video -- I cried at seeing how lovely

his response was. :blush-anim-cl:

-- The night the Tartan Trousers ladies gave them (the Trousers!)

to Mika and we

followed along every moment on the forum

as Wendi received texts and posted them

so that we could all share in the experience. It was just incredible.

-- The day this thread took off back in March:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2074

I sat in my seat here and laughed out loud at some of the posts. At

times I was convinced we DID have MIKA posting there, too (now

I'm sure we didn't!), but still it was so much fun I couldn't

tear myself away. :naughty:

-- The day Titania urged me on to -- was it 500 posts? -- and rewarded

me with a sparkling Tinker Bell. :thumb_yello:

-- The day that Lissy posted the news that finally, FINALLY, Mika was

going to be coming to Washington, DC! I was over the moon!

-- And probably the most special day so far:

the day that I sat here at my computer and watched the April Milan

show on Italian TV while posting along with MFC'ers from around the

world -- commenting on the commercials, on the interviewer... we had

fans from so many different countries all online at the same time,

experiencing the same thing... It was a very "We Are the World" moment

for me. :biggrin2:

Really nice walk down Memory Lane!

dcdeb

I remember this Myspace post from Mika in early Feb

Hi and thank you from MIKA (in San Fran)

I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on here over the past few months. I know exactly where the bulk of support I've been getting has come from. I have just received a text message telling me that the album has made number one in the UK. I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I'm totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound asleep. Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated, gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Thank you, to all of you.

Mika xx

(Those were the days when Mika ran his own myspace....)

Oh wow, if only I was around sooner...I hate that I missed that Myspace post! That is simply fantastic, our lovely Mika! Thanks for sharing that, it really made me smile! :)