Tonight the last ever episode of the L Word will air. It'll be really sad to see it go, especially since visibility in mainstream TV is even lower now than when the show started. :thumbdown: But I guess every show has its time. :wink2:

Last week's episode (featuring a charity dace competition) brought us a new favourite Bette Porter quote: "They've got wigs and spandex, this is no f*cking joke, we have no idea what they're capable of." :naughty:

lword607_img019.jpg

tibettedance.jpg

So, does anyone else watch the show? Will anyone else miss it?

You're right, there'll be no more Shane. :shocked: I wonder what Kate Moennig will do next, and whether she'll ever be able to shake off the typecast. :naughty:

I'm going to miss Bette the most, there are so few alpha female characters like her on TV. And of course I'll also miss seeing Jennifer Beals' stunning self regularly onscreen. :blush-anim-cl:

Alice, though, will live on in the spin-off The Farm. Thank goodness for that at least. :wink2:

P.S. Supposedly Carmen (possible spoiler!) might appear in the finale. I'm looking forward to seeing if the rumour is true or not.

I had no idea it was about to end!:shocked:

Definitely one of my favourite series, I'm not sure why but a great deal is because of the excellent acting!

This means I only have one more episode to watch…:sad:

But it can’t stop now…Tina and Beth are going to have another baby…

How will Shane get along with Jenny?

And Alice and the threatening triangle drama…

And has Beth’s sister Kit finally found a respectable partner?:wink2:

Thanks for telling anyway M&S, better to be prepared....:boxed:

I'm gonna miss The L Word soo much. :wub2:

I have the biggest crush on Shane :naughty:

Everybody has!:wub2:

The last episode...WOW!:wub2:

It's really sad that it won't continue, absolutely one of the best series ever, it really doesn't matter if you're gay or straight to appreciate a good TV series!:thumb_yello:

Oh my gosh..that finale left me so confused. It was really disappointing. :boxed:

But it was an amazing series :wub2:

And isn't there supposed to be a spin off of The L Word with Alice? I think I remember her saying that on This Just Out. That would be amazing.

Did anyone see Milk?

I watched it on Saturday night. What an inspiring film. It was so incredibly sad though, because all of the ridiculousness that Harvey Milk fought to clear--what he died for--is still going on today, here in America at least. I just wish we'd come to our senses already! :mad3:

The film was beautiful though. Harvey Milk is my hero. :wub2:

Oh my gosh..that finale left me so confused. It was really disappointing. :boxed:

But it was an amazing series :wub2:

And isn't there supposed to be a spin off of The L Word with Alice? I think I remember her saying that on This Just Out. That would be amazing.

What an unsatisfying finish! I want to know who did did it. :mf_rosetinted:

Yep, the spin off will be called The Farm and it'll be set in a women's prison (so maybe we'll find out who did it in the end?). The fact that Alice will be in it and the fact that she's the one who left to find Jenny makes me think that she's copping the blame even if she is or isn't innocent.

Did anyone see Milk?

I watched it on Saturday night. What an inspiring film. It was so incredibly sad though, because all of the ridiculousness that Harvey Milk fought to clear--what he died for--is still going on today, here in America at least. I just wish we'd come to our senses already! :mad3:

I think it's an awesome film, definitely deserving of its awards, and indeed both inspiring and frustrating because it's sadly still relevant today.

Which reminds me: did anyone see Dustin Lance Black's Oscar acceptance speech? It's quite moving. :thumb_yello:

Did anyone see Milk?

Yes, I've watched this film - and I have to say that it is an excellent piece of movie. I deserved every single award - and Harvey Milk deserves this film!

Hopefully lots of people are gonna go and watch it - everybody should!

The actresses who play them, Kathryn Prescott and Lily Loveless, are also adorable.

kathrynlilyani1.gif

kathrynlilyani2.gif

kathrynani1.gif

(Cool lip piercing.)

Oh and Kathryn has a fraternal twin sister Megan who in the show plays Emily's identical twin sister Katie.

kathrynmeganani1.gif

OMG I LOVE skins!

I've just gotten into it in the last few weeks, I've seen the first 3 episodes of the first series and OMG I'm hooked!

Aaah!

:wink2:

Oops, I hope I didn't spoil you then. :wink2: It's indeed an addictive show and hits the nail on the head with a lot of youth issues, albeit sometimes a bit unrealistically and exaggeratedly. The third season, the one that's currently airing, is my favourite season so far. They changed the entire cast for the new season because "college" is only two years long but the characters while different are still as interesting as those in the first two seasons. I do feel, though, that this season is a bit too exhibitionist. But the awesomeness of "Naomily" makes up for that. :bleh:

WHAT IS THIS SHOW????????????????

WHERE DO I FIND IT??????????????????????????????

it looks beautiful!!

wow

btw...I saw MILK on the weekend and proceeded to cry so much!!

it was such a fantastic movie!

I had my first support group meeting a week ago,,I think it went very very well!

hoped for more people and learned lots of lessons!

funny we follow eachother eh?

I love twitter! wow

Oops, I hope I didn't spoil you then. :wink2: It's indeed an addictive show and hits the nail on the head with a lot of youth issues, albeit sometimes a bit unrealistically and exaggeratedly. The third season, the one that's currently airing, is my favourite season so far. They changed the entire cast for the new season because "college" is only two years long but the characters while different are still as interesting as those in the first two seasons. I do feel, though, that this season is a bit too exhibitionist. But the awesomeness of "Naomily" makes up for that. :bleh:

Actually I'm the kind of person who reads the spoilers to a book and movie and play before even CONSIDERING reading/watching/goint to it.

I hate surprises :wink2:

The red haired girl is pretty :blush-anim-cl:

it looks beautiful!!

wow

btw...I saw MILK on the weekend and proceeded to cry so much!!

it was such a fantastic movie!

I had my first support group meeting a week ago,,I think it went very very well!

funny we follow eachother eh?

I love twitter! wow

Look up "Sikns series 1 episode 1" on youtube.

That's where :)

That's cool Elle!

Nice people?

it looks beautiful!!

wow

Look up "Skins series 1 episode 1" on youtube.

That's where

If she wants to see Emily/Naomi then she should search in Youtube for "Skins Series 3 Episode 1". :wink2:

The red haired girl is pretty :blush-anim-cl:

You should hear her voice. :naughty:

That's great. How many people showed up? :original:

Does anyone else watch the British teen drama Skins?

I believe I do!:biggrin2:

The first season wasn't even close to be as good as S2 and S3 imo!

Great actors/acting, exciting music and a complicated story line.:wub2:

Yeah I'm hooked!:naughty:

Edited by sienna

I believe I do!:biggrin2:

The first season wasn't even close to be as good as S2 and S3 imo!

Great actors/acting, exciting music and a complicated story line.:wub2:

Yeah I'm hooked!:naughty:

Oh I agree, the second season was much better than the first but the first was still much better than most teen dramas. I think the fact that it's written by young people makes a difference.

I miss Cassie, with time she became such an awesome character. And Effy in her non-speaking stage, it was hilarious when she broke that to tell her brother he's a w@nker. :naughty:

Speaking of British teen comedy-dramas, another great one is Sugar Rush. It's based on the novel by Julie Birchill about Kim Daniels and her best friend (and love interest) Maria "Sugar" Sweet. It's pretty funny actually.

sugarrushvz2go4.jpg

216sugar20rush20season2.jpg

sugarrush1.jpg

sugarrush625x352.jpg

sugarrush001010001001.jpg

bed.jpg

234r.jpg

Why is it that British programming is often miles ahead?

You should hear her voice. :naughty:

I quite like it.

Not sure why, just something in the... You know, it's a little bit crackly... No... It sounds like she's strained her voice or has lost it and it's on the mend somehow... But in a nice way...

Yeah :roftl:

Yeah, they've got great music too :das:

They have so many good comedians!:wub2:

But Great Britain is the country of big writers isn’t it?

Like painters in Spain and France and composers in Germany and Austria and so on….

This are the preconceptions I lurve!!!!:naughty:

Yeah, they've got great music too :das:

And one very special very handsome musician...:wub2:

So much good contemporay music from this Island....It all started with the Beatles back in the days....:mf_lustslow:

Tonight the last ever episode of the L Word will air. It'll be really sad to see it go, especially since visibility in mainstream TV is even lower now than when the show started. But I guess every show has its time.

Last week's episode (featuring a charity dace competition) brought us a new favourite Bette Porter quote: "They've got wigs and spandex, this is no f*cking joke, we have no idea what they're capable of."

tibettedance.jpg

So, does anyone else watch the show? Will anyone else miss it?

I was watching it when it started at first, but than...I don't know...it got boring, from episode to episode more and more, and I was forgetting even to watch it and finally gave up completely.

Does anyone else watch the British teen drama Skins?

Emily Fitch (the redhead) and Naomi Campbell (the blonde) must be the cutest characters ever.

naomilyani1.gif

naomilyani5.gif

unfortunately we don't have that show here :sad: at least not yet. looks cute, and I just love redheads :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

in case someone likes Criminal Minds (which I adore) - Kirsten Vangsness got engaged with her girlfriend!

congratulations!

kirsten_vangsness.jpg

there's article here

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262006,00.html

I was watching it when it started at first, but than...I don't know...it got boring, from episode to episode more and more, and I was forgetting even to watch it and finally gave up completely.

That happened to me too actually. The show was awesome for roughly the first two seasons then seasons three and four were iffy then season five was a good comeback. Season six was, well, great at some moments and awful at others. Overall, though, I think it was an excellent show and I will definitely miss it.

unfortunately we don't have that show here :sad: at least not yet. looks cute, and I just love redheads :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

The episodes are up on Youtube, just search for "Skins Series 3 Episode 1". :wink2:

in case someone likes Criminal Minds (which I adore) - Kirsten Vangsness got engaged with her girlfriend!

congratulations!

kirsten_vangsness.jpg

there's article here

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262006,00.html

:punk: