Marking the end of an Era

CazGirl

So...

LiCM has officially come to a close. Mika's quite big now, and several of us have had the amazing privilege of going to his concerts, even meeting him, or heck for some of you ones out there, just seeing him on your TV screen is a huge deal.

The fact is, within the space of a year, he has touched every single one of us.

28/2/08 was the last gig of his tour. The Dodgy Holiday tour.

The LiCM tour.

Now, I know we're all feeling sad....we've pretty much all got PMD and some of us are angry and anguished that:

a) we didn't get some of the privileges we were hoping for

b) that this really has come to an end.

amongst other things which I won't mention in here. There's no bashing, or anger, or sadness or anything like that in this thread, no sir-ee.

We can all relate to each other right now, a big group hug everyone.

But this is just an end of an ERA, not the end of everything!!!

So LiCM has come to a close. So what? We still have the album and the singles! Mika's on to better things. Look at what we're getting in the near future: New songs, new album, new shows and most of all...a new forum.

We're turning official soon and while we still don't know what the benefits are, we can only assume that there are going to be more "meet and greet" type things, but I think Mika and his fans are going to be closer than ever. Mika's a bright man, he knows what he's doing, and he's STILL genuine. I know the after show party didn't go according to plan, but he still tried to talk to people and was still smiling [as the pictures show]. Even in his live shows-he was happy. You can see it in his face.

Mika's not sad.

I know we can't help but be sad right now, but it will pass I assure you! We'll get over it, and before you know it-POP! Mika's new album is about to be released :roftl:

Mika worked his socks off on his first album, no doubt he'll work just as hard on the second.

Come on guys, we're a fan club. we're meant to UNITE. So let's hold hands, send our prayers...

as hard it may be right now, let's try and wave goodbye to those negative thoughts and feelings, they eat you up inside. I know what bitterness feels like, and it's okay to feel like that, but it can't stay within you forever.

Think of all the positives that have happened in your first Mika Year! The amazing experiences! The opportunities you shared together! The pictures, videos, the projects, the laughs...

we've had highs and lows, and no doubt there will be more to come in the future.

But look how far we've got guys! Sure, we've had our differences, but WE ARE STILL HERE!!! We are here for each other but most of all we are here for Mika!

Please, let's put our differences aside.

Let's applaud the great Mika for giving us so much joy!! [and maybe sometimes a lil bit of grief but we won't go into that...:roftl:] Let's send him postive thoughts and vibes...

We believe in you Mika. As sad as it is to watch LiCM draw to a close, as sad as it may be to watch you grow and change, WE LOVE YOU ALL THE SAME. We are MIKA FANS, and we are HERE FOR YOU. Keep it real, because that's one of the main reasons why we all love you. Remember who you are. LiCM was and STILL IS A FANTASTIC RECORD, and we have every faith that your second, and third, fourth, etc etc...will be just as brilliant!

We believe in you, and if whenever you are feeling down, just read this thread. All our love, right guys?

So. Let's celebrate! Post your FAVOURITE MOMENTS!!!!!!!

HERE'S A TOAST TO THE MIKA YEAR NUMBER ONE!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some of my fave moments, in no particular order...

Mika's phone call:

Mikaphone.jpg

Meeting the band members:

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1151.jpg

amongst other mfcers!!! of course!!!

Cherisse's book and her thanks:

FrontCover.jpg

cherisseTHANKS.jpg

Mika's Thankyou message [bday present] on MySpace

Winning the competition last May:

Mine and Charlie's Love Today fanvid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CELsxojlghk

Here's me being effortlessly possitive!

I've had a great time on the MFC. I've met people I wouldn't EVER have met, learnt techie things that Oldlings aren't supposed to know - like ripping audio tracks of YouTube vids, and having a MySpace page.

I've met virtual strangers who have been wonderful, kind, generous and friendly - and a few nutters but that's life!

And everything has been underpinned by MIKA who can be talked about until 4 a.m. without any problem, and returned to on awakening.

Hiccups I believe were this morning's topic!!!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Possitive enough????

So...

LiCM has officially come to a close. Mika's quite big now, and several of us have had the amazing privilege of going to his concerts, even meeting him, or heck for some of you ones out there, just seeing him on your TV screen is a huge deal.

The fact is, within the space of a year, he has touched every single one of us.

28/2/08 was the last gig of his tour. The Dodgy Holiday tour.

The LiCM tour.

Now, I know we're all feeling sad....we've pretty much all got PMD and some of us are angry and anguished that:

a) we didn't get some of the privileges we were hoping for

b) that this really has come to an end.

amongst other things which I won't mention in here. There's no bashing, or anger, or sadness or anything like that in this thread, no sir-ee.

We can all relate to each other right now, a big group hug everyone.

But this is just an end of an ERA, not the end of everything!!!

So LiCM has come to a close. So what? We still have the album and the singles! Mika's on to better things. Look at what we're getting in the near future: New songs, new album, new shows and most of all...a new forum.

We're turning official soon and while we still don't know what the benefits are, we can only assume that there are going to be more "meet and greet" type things, but I think Mika and his fans are going to be closer than ever. Mika's a bright man, he knows what he's doing, and he's STILL genuine. I know the after show party didn't go according to plan, but he still tried to talk to people and was still smiling [as the pictures show]. Even in his live shows-he was happy. You can see it in his face.

Mika's not sad.

I know we can't help but be sad right now, but it will pass I assure you! We'll get over it, and before you know it-POP! Mika's new album is about to be released :roftl:

Mika worked his socks off on his first album, no doubt he'll work just as hard on the second.

Come on guys, we're a fan club. we're meant to UNITE. So let's hold hands, send our prayers...

as hard it may be right now, let's try and wave goodbye to those negative thoughts and feelings, they eat you up inside. I know what bitterness feels like, and it's okay to feel like that, but it can't stay within you forever.

Think of all the positives that have happened in your first Mika Year! The amazing experiences! The opportunities you shared together! The pictures, videos, the projects, the laughs...

we've had highs and lows, and no doubt there will be more to come in the future.

But look how far we've got guys! Sure, we've had our differences, but WE ARE STILL HERE!!! We are here for each other but most of all we are here for Mika!

Please, let's put our differences aside.

Let's applaud the great Mika for giving us so much joy!! [and maybe sometimes a lil bit of grief but we won't go into that...:roftl:] Let's send him postive thoughts and vibes...

We believe in you Mika. As sad as it is to watch LiCM draw to a close, as sad as it may be to watch you grow and change, WE LOVE YOU ALL THE SAME. We are MIKA FANS, and we are HERE FOR YOU. Keep it real, because that's one of the main reasons why we all love you. Remember who you are. LiCM was and STILL IS A FANTASTIC RECORD, and we have every faith that your second, and third, fourth, etc etc...will be just as brilliant!

We believe in you, and if whenever you are feeling down, just read this thread. All our love, right guys?

So. Let's celebrate! Post your FAVOURITE MOMENTS!!!!!!!

HERE'S A TOAST TO THE MIKA YEAR NUMBER ONE!!!

Wow, that brought me to tear!

Beautifully said and so true.

Love Today :P

Can I still say that???

Ok here I go! :

Since hearing Mika for the first time last February (wow it's been a year) I have been completely obsessed, and much happier. His music has really made me a much happier person. I've never been a big fan of music as those dreary love songs and intense heavy metal stuff makes my head hurt, BUT after finding Mika I have realized how amazing music is. His songs, style, and personality are so genuine and I can't believe someone that amazing actually exists! The best day of my life so far has been when I went to see Mika live in concert (as you can see from my siggy). After soooo long I finally got to watch him in the flesh ahah! AMAZINGNESS!!! It was like a huge partyyy...AND that brings me to the MFC. I've been reading the forums since about March and finally joined in June, but then lost my password, so I re-joined in August tadaaaa. I LOVE everyone here and I've made so many new friends :blush-anim-cl: It's so great.

Yes, I'm sad that LICM has come to an end...but really has it? I mean we still have the singles and the album and the dvd and the memories so it will live on FOREVER!!! And I am so looking forward to the next album because I know Mika will not disappoint. He's extremely talented, so anything that he creates will be fabulous :wub2:

Yay!!! :]

why do i feel like it's the end of the world :boxed::roftl: but yeah, since i heard of mika in jan last year my life has literally been great! I've done things I never thought I'd do, I've met people I never thought I'd meet, and I just feel so proud to be his fan. When I think of him then I think of other artists I realise how lucky we really are, even if some of us don't get to meet him and stuff, fact is, he still tries when he can, he cares about his fans, he wouldn't do much to hurt us, well not on purpose at least.

So cheers everyone! *raises glass*

Mika's music - and it's inherent messages - are helping me endure and survive an especially dark period at this time. I believe there are no coincidences in life. Two days before his last performance of the North American Tour I experienced a major life-changing event (and it was by no means positive). But I was able to rise above it...because of the strength that he emanates and the confidence and hope that he instills. It's all about Quality Not Quantity..we must live for now... and Love Today.....

Here's me being effortlessly possitive!

I've had a great time on the MFC. I've met people I wouldn't EVER have met, learnt techie things that Oldlings aren't supposed to know - like ripping audio tracks of YouTube vids, and having a MySpace page.

I've met virtual strangers who have been wonderful, kind, generous and friendly - and a few nutters but that's life!

And everything has been underpinned by MIKA who can be talked about until 4 a.m. without any problem, and returned to on awakening.

Hiccups I believe were this morning's topic!!!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Possitive enough????

Well done, Ruthie!!! You are so Positive right-on!!:wink2:

From one Newbie Oldling to a Heroine Oldling

:tears:

Oh no - PMD kicking in:naughty:

Firstly i want to say that i cant wait for the next album!

The next tour - EVERYTHING!

Its hopefully going to be as fun as this one!

Lots more folowing Mika around the place from gig to gig haha

My Best moments:

27/2/07 - This was the first time seeing him and it was special for me because it was the start of my 'Mika gig obsession' and i was just blown away by him!

This was also when he was not that popular, and it was easy to have a casual talk with him without getting crushed by screaming people, this was also before the album had come out so im just glad that i was there from the very start.

It was also where i met my first MFCer which was Tia, telling me that Freddie wasnt allowed in because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed:naughty:

The Competition - It was a bit of a hassel, but it was worth it getting V.I.P treatment and getting free tickets...Even if we were a little dissapointed at the end - *autograph through the post, YEAH RIGHT!*

Mika's B-Day Prezzie - This was special for me because we got a personalised thank you to the MFC, and im glad to of been a part of it!

24/11/07 - I think you know why.:roftl: Crazy Crazy Crazy.

zzzzzzzzz-4.jpg

28/2/08 - This was exactly a year and 1 day after my first gig, and to think that it was that long ago now is just insane, so many things have changed, some good changes - some not so good changes. Also this was the end of the tour and it was special for me because i was there at the very start of the tour a year back - Last night was very emotional for me and alot of people.

I just cant believe that a year back at my first gig i got there at 6:30pm and was right near the front but yeasterday i had to queue since 8am to get a decent spot, Look how much its changed!:shocked:

Roll on the next tour!

Maybe us MFCers will have to camp out for a few days for this tour:naughty:

To me it's not the end, yet...

I've been a fan for a year and a half, and since I first listened to Mika's music for the first time, I feel like my life has changed. Not only because of him, but it was a buch of stuff that has changed in my life, and I feel happier now.

But...

As a fan, I'm not totally fulfilled. (and I know I'm being a bit selfish, but whatever...)

I've never been to a Mika gig, so I've never experienced the "magic" of attending his shows, knowing MFC'ers, meeting Mika and the band, etc...

So, for me, it isn't over yet. This tour was excellent for Mika and for everyone involved (fans included), but for me...it was just a lot of reports and pics by other people! If I have the chance to see Mika on stage this year, I won't feel the difference, I won't be comparing the new tour with the old one.

I want to BE THERE and feel all the show! I want to have a story to tell, a report to share...

I want my Mika-moment... :blush-anim-cl:

Until then, it will be like it has always been...Exactly the same!

Hope you understand what I mean...

Anyway, I'm really happy for Mika, and very very veeeeery proud to be his fan! The fact that I've never seen him live, it hasn't changed the love I have for him and the band, and the way I admire his work! :wink2:

He makes me feel like I'm six years old again and I completely love him for it. He's given me a massive kick up the bum and got me back into my piano so I'll always be grateful for that.

I wish him all the luck in the world for his next album, and it most definitely won't be that 'difficult second album' that most big breakthroughs tend to have. It'll be that amazing second album which makes us have our own little kooky reactions whenever we listen.

*sighs* It really does feel like the end of an era doesn't it.

Well, there have definitely been ups and downs...but almost three weeks ago, something happened to make none of that matter anymore. The LA concert was easily the best night of my life. There's something about locking eyes with him and hugging him ever so briefly that can cause everything in the world to just stop for a moment and nothing else matters.

LICM has easily been the best purchase of my life and I can only guess the future ahead is even brighter and better...

Nice topic, Caz. :) It is definitely a good idea to try to remember all of the positive aspects of the LiCM era and not all of the negative.

My fave moments...

June 11th, 2007

Getting to see him the first time live was certainly one of my favorite experiences. Everything was perfect about that day. The weather was great....I got to see him live with my boyfriend and sister from the second row..and I was able to meet lots of great MFCers. :)

The concert was amazing and all that I had hoped for came true when Mika & co hit the stage! And then getting to meet Mika and give him the gift I gave him was definitely the icing on the cake and not to mention very unexpected!

Some of my pics...

n15932359_36287536_3006.jpg

n15932359_36287537_3220.jpg

n15932359_37634848_2208.jpg

The Yearbook

Everything about the Yearbook was fun! Getting to be a part of it, seeing the finished product, and feeling all of the anticipation when Suzy & co were giving the book to him...all of it was just so much fun. :)

Other projects I have been involved in was fun too....like Hilary's Thank You book and Jess' Valentine's project. Just being involved in these sort of projects with other MFCers is enjoyable to me, really.