We Are Golden vs. We Are Golden (Acoustic)

To me, the two versions sound the same except for one important difference: The Acoustic version only has Mika's background vocals, while the album version has a choir (of children? teenagers?) singing background vocals. :original:

I think the choir arrangement is a liiiiiittle too much. At the end of the song, where they sing "ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh", I think it sounds like a Michael Jackson-arrangement. :puke:

So I definitely prefer the Acoustic version. I just wanna hear Mika. Mika is all I wanna hear. :biggrin2:

Which version do YOU prefer? :confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the acoustic better , actually that huge choir effort I thought you hear it more not less , it just all seems to come into one noise .. not what I expected (not that Im a musical expert).I just expected the choir to build and only be the choir , more crisp , more defined

I like the acoustic , its fabby:thumb_yello:

I don't like any version of WAG except the original album production. I wish he'd used only the real choir and not the shouting so it's not perfect, but I don't like the changes in his vocals in other versions. It was the same with Grace Kelly. I can't stand listening to live versions of Grace Kelly because the original was perfection and it's the same with WAG as far as his vocals go.

I like the acoustic version more than the album version but I love the live version specially the intro :mf_lustslow:. The only thing is I should avoid to think about the lyrics too much....

The acoustic version is my favorite :wub2: But on the other hand, I always love his acoustic versions more.

I don't know if I love ALL his acoustic versions MORE than the regular versions, but I certainly LOVE them. I have collected all of them, except My Interpretation. I don't have that one. :tears:

I l-o-v-e the gospel choir and the "power" in the original version, and I love the simplicity of the accoustic version...

It just depends on the mood, I guess... :wink2:

I love the original because it's a real kind of "get you going" song...it pumps you up and makes me feel happy inside...and then you get the "now I'm sittin' alone and I'm looking for help..." and you get a real sense of frustration, fear and confusion but then he starts to whisper "we are not what you think we are..."

It's sort of like...I'm a great person...but then insecurity sets in and there's so much build you think you're going to explode and then...you calm down...you get over your insecurity...your feelings are starting to bubble again and then WOOOOOO. PARTY TIME.

I love the choir because it really builds it up, it's a lot like people in the crowd singing back Mika's lyrics IMO. (Oh, and FYI, that's the Andrae Crouch Gospel Choir and they sang the backing for Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" AND Madonna's "Like A Prayer" which means they're EPIC, so no bashing, 'kay? :wink2:)

I love the acoustic one as well...not because of the new lyrics in the introduction...but...well. I can't describe it really. To me, it sort of feels like the good conscious inside you is speaking to you :naughty: The acoustic version seems more personal (even though the acoustic one also has a choir and this one doesn't have different lyrics in the beginning)

)

But I love the live version because it just pumps everyone up. It should be the ending and replace Lollipop.

YA HEAR ME, MIKA? :aah:

Archived