Singer-songwriter Mika will headline the Le Premium evening in Cannes

dcdeb

TFWA announces international performer

Singer-songwriter Mika will headline the Le Premium evening in Cannes

Bill Lumley

2-Sep-2010

The Tax Free World Association (TFWA) has announced that international artist Mika will perform at a private concert for delegates at next month's Cannes exhibition. Mika will headline the Le Premium Evening on Thursday October 21, in the Grand Auditorium of the Palais des Festivals which marks the finale of the week-long duty-free and travel-retail show.

The evening will begin with a dinner cocktail at the Riviera Beach marquee adjacent to the Palais and will end in TFWA’s private club, The Scene, with cocktails and dancing into the small hours. The Scene Restaurant will be open from Monday to Thursday for lunch between 12.00 and 14.30, although exhibition participants may also eat in the Bay Restaurant next to Bay Village.

TFWA delegates can enjoy a range of business networking opportunities starting on Sunday October 17 with a golf tournament at Mandelieu Golf Club, sponsored by Gebr Heinemann and Hugo Boss. This will be followed by the opening cocktail at the Carlton Hotel. Other activities include a tennis competition at the Club Sportif de Montfleury sponsored by Ajmal and a cooking class at Les Apprentis Gourmets.

Further information about all these activities and pre-registration information can be found at http://www.tfwa.com. Sports and leisure activities should be pre-booked; invitations to the Opening Cocktail and Le Premium Evening are part of the Full Delegate package and are only available upon pre-registration.

http://www.dfnionline.com/article/TFWA-announces-international-performer-1860314.html

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be dead against musicians doing these 'corporate' gig type things.

However, as in these hard times there is very little profit to be made from even extensive touring (to say nothing of record sales), it's understandable artists want to do these events, and I don't blame Mika one bit. Good for him!

T4P

Do we think he might break out the hairspray, and straighten his hair for this one?:wub2:

:naughty:. I have visions of him in a suit, straight hair slicked back, pencil moustache, sitting at the piano amid potted palms with a string quartet and doing Noel Coward songs :shocked:. No idea why! I think somebody has put something funny in my coffee today :aah:.

I am tempted to think that Mr. P. senior helped here. :naughty:

:naughty::mf_rosetinted:.

:naughty:. I have visions of him in a suit, straight hair slicked back, pencil moustache, sitting at the piano amid potted palms with a string quartet and doing Noel Coward songs :shocked:. No idea why! I think somebody has put something funny in my coffee today :aah:.

:naughty::mf_rosetinted:.

I wouldn't put it past him:naughty:

A white suit! :mf_rosetinted: But pls no pencil moustache, that sounds a bit like a gigolo... :aah:

Archived