Video interview in French @ Cherie FM. fr about the upcoming album 15.06.2012

mari62

Video interviews @ French Radios Chérie FM + NRJ about the upcoming album - 15.06.2012

@ Chérie FM:

PART 1

2012.06.15 Interview by CherieFM.fr

MIKA : "DANS CET ALBUM JE PARLE DES FEMMES, DES HOMMES ET DE MES HUIT MÈRES..."

ORIGINAL -- http://www.cheriefm.fr/videos-3833/toutes-les-videos-3834/media/video/578053-mika-dans-cet-album-je-parle-des-femmes-des-hommes-et-de-mes-huit-meres-.html

D/L link by Marina :huglove:

thank youuuu!!! :wub2:

D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/?v5b1vn1999fb0cl

Hope somebody translate it ...

[YOUTUBE]6VlvsjAjPWs[/YOUTUBE]

I tried to make a translation :

Can you speak about your new single " celebrate " ?

The song speak about a break up, a sadness, i don't know what to do, i don't know where i live, i don't know where i must be but in the sadness you gave me, because it's about a break up song, everybody around me going to party, you will see i'll not lost all because you left me.

Can we find Mika's style in your new album ?

it's surely my universe because of the melody and it's dansing, i said " i want to make dansing song " but with a little part of electronic but i want to put lot of heart in this music. All is true, it's musician in a room playing, it's my friends playing together and after that on the computer i cut all.

The subject of love is really present..

The tittle of the album is " the origin of love " because a song is called the origin of love. And it's love songs but for me love songs it's not a slow song with cords and a piano. There are lot of sorts of love songs. I speak about religion, politics, i speak about alcohol, drugs... All my experiences. I'll not talk about childhood, not about teenage years. I speak about the perspective of a man, i feel like if i have a neutral perspective. I speak about women, about men, i speak about all, about my 8 mothers because i have 3 sisters, 4 aunts, a grandmother who thing she's my mother so it's like if i have 8 or 12 mothers. So i speak about them.

Will you make gigs this summer ?

Only festivals. For test new songs, and french songs so for these 3 shows ( french festivals ) i'll test them for the fist time. A song is called " L'amour dans le mauvais temps " a really beautiful song. And a song i sang before called " Karen 82 rue des martyrs " which speak about a girl in a pub called 82 rue des martyrs, a real pub near the Michou's pub. I went a night and i met a girl called karen and she told me all her story while she was drinking. She told me all her story, i was with a friend Doriand, we looked each other it was 3.30a.m and we said : " we will write a song about that "

Sorry if there are mistakes :aah:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 2 with random questions

original link:

[YOUTUBE]3h1la3o0RsY[/YOUTUBE]

d/l http://www.mediafire.com/?du1oksnc3ic2rif

Here is the translation of the 2nd Chérie FM vid:

-What song do you sing when having a shower?

I think that tomorrow morning it will be Birdy's new song.

-Your dream duet?

With France Gall.

-The craziest thing you've done for love?

I fell from a hill in a car. In Wales.

-The moment where you have the most stage fright?

When I play new music, on stage.

-The dish you can cook the best?

I make a good soufflé.

-Your biggest success?

You have to wait for that. Ask me again in 10 years. And then I'll tell you 'Ask me in 5 years', and then 'ask me in 2 years and a half'

-Your hero?

Charlie Chaplin.

-A song that reminds you of your childhood?

La Javanaise by Serge Gainsbourg.

-Your favourite/fetish object?

(He doesn't answer) A favourite object

-Your craziest purchase?

It's a beautiful vintage car. You already know I don't drive very well but everytime I see an old car from the 60s or 50s I'm tempted, and one day I went and bought one, I didn't even have my license, I bought an Austin Healey from the 60s. No actually, from the 50s. It's beautiful. It's an English car. But I never drive it (:mikacool:) I look at it and I clean it. It's very beautiful.

=============================================

@ NRJ

Here's another interview about the new album @ NRJ Radio

thanks Julie for posting the link on twitter! (Julia2a)

http://www.nrj.fr/videos-3964/interviews-reportages-4025/media/video/577899-mika-mes-chansons-sont-des-lettres-d-amour-.html

[YOUTUBE]j03W8IHd5nI[/YOUTUBE]

d/l http://www.mediafire.com/?1f5merow4q1ovoo

The translation :

Can you speak about your new single " Celebrate " ?

This song speak about a sad emotion, it speak about a break up, about a sad moment. I woke up the morning and i feel a little better but i know that in all this sadness, if everybody begin to party and starting dancing, i'll show you it's ok. I feel far, i don't know where to start again, i feel far from my home, i don't even know where my home is but if i see everybody around me starting dancing it's gonna be alright.

what were your influences ?

it's from house music, pop from 90 in France but in the same time all is in live, it's musician in a studio, singing the song after that i worked with Nick and with a band called Empire in the sun and we cut all in the computer to have a sound like electronic instruments. So it sound like dancing and electronic but all is true.

Love is the subject of your new album..

Love is everywhere in the album.It's love songs but every song have a different perspective. So there are break up songs, songs like love letters. " I love you in every sense and this is all the differents way i can love you, you're this, you're this..." It's love letters completely passionate, there are no games, there are no codes, there are nothing.

What can we wait ( musically) on this new album ?

When we hear the album, it's clear it's an album i made, it's also very clear there are experimentations in the sounds, in the productions. I tried to make things with challenge. I tried to take the electronic part and give heart to it.

the music festival in paris..

I like the music festival. Personally i don't really like big gigs during music festival because it's a bit forced compared to the mind of the music festival. For me it's because there are music everywhere, ( he's saying place in paris ) with all people and the little dog, someone singing jazz in a place. I love things which can deconstruct things we think about a city. And i think that french people, parisiens have a talent to do things like that.

:)

Edited by mari62
updating content

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for posting! :thumb_yello: it's very hard for me to understand french, but i understood the general direction of what he said, so i'll give a very short summary, until someone hopefully can translate it all for us. :wink2:

the first question is about celebrate, and he says it's about a break-up. the 2nd question they ask whether we can still recognize mika in the new album, and his answer contains what he already said in another interview, that it's dance music but he tried to add as much heart & soul to it as possible. next question is about the love theme of the album, and we also know his answer to that already... that he has a very broad definition of a love song, and it doesn't mean slow sulky ballads. :teehee: he tells some of the topics of the album songs (if i understood it right, religion, politics, alcohol, drugs, women, men... and mothers?! :blink: anyway he says something about mothers at the end of this question. :teehee:). the last question is about his summer performances, and he talks about a new french song there (l'amour... something i don't understand :naughty:), i think he said he's gonna perform that this summer? not sure though, he's talking so fast! :aah: but if he performs it, then only at the french gigs i guess. :sad: then he also mentions karen and tells the story behind it. :wink2:

Translation coming very soon!

lol, i guess i'm too impatient. :naughty: looking forward to the translation, to see if i understood it all right, and hear about the details. :biggrin2: especially would love to know the title of that new french song, guess it's gonna be one of the bonus tracks for the french album then... :dunno:

Well, the third bonus of the French Edition of the album will be "L'amour d'un mauvais temps", in English it's "The love of a bad time".

He also said that he talks about girls, boys, and his eight "mothers" (his sisters, his grand mother...). He would make dancing songs in this album...with an electronic part.

I can't translate the whole interview because I haven't the time now, I'm sorry !

:sorry:

xoxo

The song speak about a break up, a sadness, i don't know what to do, i don't know where i live, i don't know where i must be but in the sadness you gave me, because it's about a break up song, everybody around me going to party, you will see i'll not lost all because you left me.

it's surely my universe because of the melody and it's dansing, i said " i want to make dansing song " but with a little part of electronic but i want to put lot of heart in this music. All is true, it's musician in a room playing, it's my friends playing together and after that on the computer i cut all.

The tittle of the album is " the origin of love " because a song is called the origin of love. And it's love songs but for me love songs it's not a slow song with cords and a piano. There are lot of sorts of love songs. I speak about religion, politics, i speak about alcohol, drugs... All my experiences. I'll not talk about childhood, not about teenage years. I speak about the perspective of a man, i feel like if i have a neutral perspective. I speak about women, about men, i speak about all, about my 8 mothers because i have 3 sisters, 4 aunts, a grandmother who thing she's my mother so it's like if i have 8 or 12 mothers. So i speak about them.

Only festivals. For test new songs, and french songs so for these 3 shows ( french festivals ) i'll test them for the fist time. A song is called " L'amour dans le mauvais temps " a really beautiful song. And a song i sang before called " Karen 82 rue des martyrs " which speak about a girl in a pub called 82 rue des martyrs, a real pub near the Michou's pub. I went a night and i met a girl called karen and she told me all her story while she was drinking. She told me all her story, i was with a friend Doriand, we looked each other it was 3.30a.m and we said : " we will write a song about that "

Thanks a lot Vanessa :flowers2: 3 shows in France?? I think they are 4 :naughty:

Thanks for the translation. I couldn't catch some of what he said.

(but I'm improving)

-Your dream duet?

With France Gall.

I make a good soufflé.

-Your biggest success?

You have to wait for that. Ask me again in 10 years. And then I'll tell you 'Ask me in 5 years', and then 'ask me in 2 years and a half'

-Your hero?

Charlie Chaplin.

-Your craziest purchase?

It's a beautiful vintage car. You already know I don't drive very well but everytime I see an old car from the 60s or 50s I'm tempted, and one day I went and bought one, I didn't even have my license, I bought an Austin Healey from the 60s. No actually, from the 50s. It's beautiful. It's an English car. But I never drive it (:mikacool:) I look at it and I clean it. It's very beautiful.

thankies! :D

first post updated with youtube + download links as well

-Your dream duet?

With France Gall.

I make a good soufflé.

-Your biggest success?

-Your hero?

Charlie Chaplin.

-Your craziest purchase?