Mika Filming Music Video for “Celebrate” on the Lower East Side

dcdeb

mika-filming-les-620x465.jpg

His high-pitched delivery style is seemingly Freddie Mercury incarnate. Like most, our first exposure to British singer-songwriter Mika was through the radio vehicle “Grace Kelly.” The single, plucked from his 2007 debut Cartoons in Motion, instantly became one of the most played songs in our iTunes library. Five years later, dude’s on the verge of releasing his third record, The Origin of Love (out September 16). And the stars aligned for the project – Pharrell, Martin Solveig, Benny Benassy, et al.

@mikasounds On board flight to New York to shoot Celebrate vid tomorrow. In the streets of NY. And in about 7other locations around the city...

11 Jul 12

We mention this because Mika is coming to the Lower East Side today and tomorrow to film a music video for “Celebrate.” The usual filming signs are in place along Allen Street. Keep your eyes peeled for Pharrell, since he’s featured on the track.

http://www.boweryboogie.com/2012/07/mika-filming-music-video-for-celebrate-on-the-lower-east-side/

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mother and daughter on twitter are there and are tweeting updates! :thumb_yello: Their twitter names are @natashameoli and @smileyshaeee

Ooooh, last night Natasha came to chat and we told her about the call for teen extras. i'm so glad they made it!

I tweeted the girl and asked what he was wearing, and her reply is:

'white t-shirt, dark blue jeans, white converse, his hair all up, & his cuteness!!'

EDIT: I replied, was his hair curly or combed back?

She then replied: 'combed backk, and he's so hot he's trying to wipe the sweat off!!'

Aaaaw, Meeks is working hard :teehee: Or it's just very warm in NY :aah:

Edited by eloise.shaw

Shae-wynieeeee[: ‏@smileyshaeee

@EloiseMwahaha combed backk, and he's so hot he's trying to wipe the sweat off!!

2m Shae-wynieeeee[: ‏@smileyshaeee

@EloiseMwahaha white t-shirt, dark blue jeans, white converse, his hair all up, & his cuteness!!

Interesting, but darn, I was hoping for curls :aah:

Shae-wynieeeee[: ‏@smileyshaeee

@EloiseMwahaha combed backk, and he's so hot he's trying to wipe the sweat off!!

2m Shae-wynieeeee[: ‏@smileyshaeee

@EloiseMwahaha white t-shirt, dark blue jeans, white converse, his hair all up, & his cuteness!!

Interesting, but darn, I was hoping for curls :aah:

He returned to the look of the old videos like Big Girls, Grace Kelly or Love Today :yay:

I tweeted the girl and asked what he was wearing, and her reply is:

'white t-shirt, dark blue jeans, white converse, his hair all up, & his cuteness!!'

EDIT: I replied, was his hair curly or combed back?

She then replied: 'combed backk, and he's so hot he's trying to wipe the sweat off!!'

Aaaaw, Meeks is working hard :teehee: Or it's just very warm in NY :aah:

Damn, I wanted curls... ask her to take a pic!!!!!:teehee:

Natasha Meoli ‏@natashameoli

look guys pic.twitter.com/0uZRbGOb

AxoGvyRCEAAAkQ9.jpg

He looks really cool, but did he really need a fitting to wear jeans and a tee? :naughty: maybe some other outfit tomorrow perhaps.