smokesignal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this absolutely lovely interview one on youtube

_RqjXS5RAaE

I had to switch off the boarding school computer... I'm back on my laptop and cannot watch it >____< Stupid Boarding School direction *:bash:

LOL this is hilarious!! :lmfao: others would talk of heavenly inspiration or something like that, and mika says "it just comes out like vomit" - that bit made me ROFL!! :lmao:

loved watching this interview, it's nothing really new but he seems very open, and the *way* he talks about it is somewhat refreshing. though well i love what he says about writing songs in the beginning of the interview, don't think he's said it like that before.

t4p!!

LOL this is hilarious!! :lmfao: others would talk of heavenly inspiration or something like that, and mika says "it just comes out like vomit" - that bit made me ROFL!! :lmao:

loved watching this interview, it's nothing really new but he seems very open, and the *way* he talks about it is somewhat refreshing. though well i love what he says about writing songs in the beginning of the interview, don't think he's said it like that before.

t4p!!

and his face when he says that :lmfao:

same here, I love his way of talking here

There are three unedited (with questions and a bit more) parts of this interview :biggrin2:

[YOUTUBE]juX98Zp0gWI&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VJAGoxdhMnQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-EHXOkhGeLU[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Milda

Wow this interviewer was great. I felt like Werner Herzog was trying to make a documentary here :naughty:

It's very interesting what he says about his lyrics being subversive. I don't think he's ever quite framed it like that before. I wonder if he sees it as a way for his audience to participant in a bit of defiance or if he thinks it's an inside joke even for some people who would turn up at his gigs, for instance.

I hope he's being truthful about writing the Adam & Eve verse in TOOL in that way because it's definitely one of the best in all his work.

I read a Stephen King short story recently about a writer who experienced feelings of guilt over the thought that he was stealing some of his work because it came too easily to him. Similar to what Mika is saying here.

I agree with him that you are only as good as the record you're working on now, at least at this relatively early stage in your career. Even artists I've been huge fans of - I can grow tired of their past work. Of course this is an even bigger problem when most of the people who buy your albums are not huge fans but just music consumers.

Interesting bit of honesty about/coming from Paloma there. What a tough road for her. I hope she is not suffering that level of pain anymore.

But I honestly don't understand the difference he's talking about, the sense of urgency, that is on the 1st and 3rd album, but not the second. It's something I'm unable to detect!

I tend to think he's rewriting history a little bit the way he is divorcing himself from TBWKTM.

Please someone can do a translation of the part where he talks about Paloma?

Thank you!:wub2:

One last question, your sister of course had an accident, she recovered before you started making the album?

M no. She was in the hospital for a year and a half. She's now out of hospital.

What role did your music play maybe during her recovery?

M I became a figure of hate for her, in her dark very, you know. When you are in that much pain, she had her entire body reconstructed. Cause she fell from the fourth story and she was on so much like morphine, and crazy painkillers, oxycodone and stuff like that, you know. That she looked at me running away from her, making this album, living another life outside of the hospital walls that she was in, and I became this very, this thing that she just got so angry with. But at the same time I think because I didn't stay there, it gave her this feeling like she couldn't just stay there forever, because we worked together, we've worked together for years. She had to get out of that f****** room. She had to get out of hospital, otherwise she would be left behind. So in a weird way I was a figure of hate, but at the same time I knew that by being this point to get back at, by being this person that she had to get back at, it would propel her forward a little bit. She's learning how to walk again now, and it's amazing, she will have a normal life. She's kind of a bit of a miracle, but still a tough b****.

So still maybe on your next record she'll be there. M yeah