Mika is this summers hotest man according to Cosmopilitan (swedish)

lollipopski

I searched but didn't find any similar thread but if there is, you can remove this.

This interview is quite old, from the june edition and I'm sorry I didn't post it earlier. I'll try to translate it the best I can.

Cosmopolitan gave Mika the role of the hottes man this summer :biggrin2:

Mika flirts with the world

jenny_mika.jpg

With hits like Relax and Grace Kelly,

Mika has without doubt become this

years hottest popstar. Cosmos Jenny

Bergquist met him to talk about party,

flirt and other vital things.

What do you do to get you audience in partymood?

First of all we strech the songs when we play live, put on long powerful (I don't really know how to translate stompig :S) intros that builds upp the athmosphere.That puts people in a sort of physical state of happiness, which is what we strive for. So much of what I'm doing on stage is built on instinkt so it's hard to say. I have to place myself in the audience mentaly and feel solidarity. It's important that I'm just as exided as the ones who are in the front. I want to get the feeling that I'm dancing in a big room together with a lot of people. If the distance between me and the audiens is to big it gets boring. And the I dance silly. I dance ugly but effective. It's important that it isn't perfect, it becomes human. Then I am on the same level as the audience.

What feeling do you want to give your audience?

I want them to forget everything else, for them to feel that the consert was for them, because it is. That's why every performance becomes so different from eachother, because it depends entirely on the audience. A good audience gets a good show. A serious audience gets an serious show. You get what you give, so give to others what you want.

Does people flirt with you when you are on stage?

Absolutely. When we played in Copenhagen there was one girl in the front who constantly stroking my leg. I just had to ignore it. Get it, You are standing there singing and then somebody starts stroking you for real on your leg?

So isn't a efficient way to flirt?

Haha, no it's just a bit odd.

Do you flirt with the audience?

I kinda flirt with everything and everyone, no matter if it's a tree or a coffecup. I can't resist. It makes ordinary life much more exciting. But in the same time I'm not a "flirty" person. People misinterpret me often and think I'm flirting with them when Im not. I don't really flirt, I'm only human. People get stressed if you just look them in the eyes and smile. "Help, somebody takes contact", you see they're thinking.

Who are you at a party?

I'm a man of extremity, I'm eather the most boring man in the party who looks cranky and leaves early, or I've lost total control and brings everyone with me. What I don't like is pretentious partys.

How are your partys?

Really over the top. I put down huge amounts of money on them. I did the same when I lived of study loan. The bill for flowers is always ridiculous big. I hate partys with bad alcohol, If you're going to have alcohol it's going to be good stuff. And the food has to be good. I often have lebanese food. When I had a party for a few weeks ago I hired in three thaichefs who worked for two days to prepare a real partymeal. The best way to get a good party is to make it so glamorous and on the boundary of pretentious as possible, but invite the most unpretentious people. I hate pretentious people.

How is the ideal partyguest?

People who are themselfs. The swedish are good at it. I've been at midsummerpartys with swedish friends in London. Oh my god! Out of control!

Do you have any good carisma tip?

Be open. An american psychologist has shown that shyness is linked with beeing selfcentered, so when you are shy you are acctually egocentric. Everything is about you and you focus inwards. Open people focus outwards, on other people. It is interesting! I've never been shy, no even when I was bullied half to death in school.

How do you do if you want to make contact to people?

I just walk right up to them and start to talk to them. They often run away, haha. Most of people think I'm all to forward. And I don't need alcohol to do that, I drink very little.

What can people learn from you?

Not much. Don't learn anything from me. I'm not a very good example, please (in english)!

Are you good at reading other people?

I was forced into alienation when I went to school. I was the Observer. But that can give a feeling of power because you spend all your time studying other people instead of talking and not learning anything about them. It's important to be unpredictable, even in your social behaviour. Never be boring! When the writers Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes met in a bar in Oxford she stept up to him and asked him ti dance, which they did for a while. Then she bit him so hard in the chin that he started to bleed and walked away. She knew that he would never forget her after that and it worked. So bite life in the ass before it kickes you in the ass!

What advice do women need about men?

I have a very dominant mother and three sisters, so men are in minorithy in my family. One thing I've noticed is that it's a big difference to stand up for yourself and be so tough that you puch away people. To be tough in that way never works. But to be tough and charming works very good for women. And be a maneater! There is no reason not to be. And if it's about one person getting over another - girls, take the chanse, beacuse guys get over this kind of thins much easier

What to people have to do to get your attention?

It's nice to get compliment about my record, but I puke when people say "You are so hot". Peoples brains are attractive. And peoples style is much more important than their looks. A persons style is much more of personality that their congenital appearance, your genes. And dialects are lovely.

Dou you have any favorites?

The irish. And the scootish. And the islandish. Come on, everybode needs some Björk in their life!

Here's the full interview: http://www.cosmopolitan.se/artiklar/mall1.asp?artikelID=120&kategoriID=6

post-5120-142983669299_thumb.jpg

post-5120-142983669306_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the interview really old? I hadn't read this before! I love it when he talks about the athmosphere he wants to create during his performances. Maybe it's because I've never been to one and this is a great description of what goes on in the audience at the moment.

When we played in Copenhagen there was one girl in the front who constantly stroking my leg. I just had to ignore it. Get it, You are standing there singing and then somebody starts stroking you for real on your leg?

hahah! I would have paid to see that! That mysterious hand must have been a great distraction indeed! :naughty:

Thanks for posting!

"How do you do if you want to make contact to people?

I just walk right up to them and start to talk to them. They often run away, haha. Most of people think I'm all to forward. And I don't need alcohol to do that, I drink very little.

What can people learn from you?

Not much. Don't learn anything from me. I'm not a very good example, please (in english)!

What to people have to do to get your attention?

It's nice to get compliment about my record, but I puke when people say "You are so hot". Peoples brains are attractive. And peoples style is much more important than their looks. A persons style is much more of personality that their congenital appearance, your genes. And dialect are lovely.

Dou you have any favorites?

The irish. And the scootish. And the islandish. Come on, everybode needs some Björk in their life!

Theses were my favorite parts.!"

Very interesing interview.Thanks so much for posting!

I was just gonna mention that...

I am curious about the leg stroker though haha that's pretty strange

I seriously didn't notice that, but I wasn't in front row...Haylie was though :naughty:

it was interesting read, different from the usual! thx so much for posting! :thumb_yello: and the pic is hot...! :roftl: seriously.. he looks great on it.

stroking a leg is not an effective way to flirt.. better grab directly a++ as it was done in japan! :roftl: sorrry, i could not restrain myself.. :naughty:

yes, he's kinda daring, flirtish attitude I agree, but it's much more unconscious than one thinks. I agree all the way. on the other hand, if the man himself isn't the best source..... :mf_rosetinted:

yes it was me, but i didn't stroke his leg :lmfao:

i kinda wish though :lmao:

:naughty: must have been tempting :naughty: Haha I seriosuly didn't see anyone doing that *trying hard to remember* :boxed:

me neither and i was right in front of him...i mean i would have seen it:wink2:

I would think I would have seen it too :blink: nope don't think it happened to be honest :blink:

Thanks so much for posting and translating it! I enjoyed reading it.:thumb_yello:

and the pic is hot...! :roftl: seriously.. he looks great on it.

Yes, that picture is very interesting...I love the way he opens his lips, they're shaped so hot. :wub2:

stroking a leg is not an effective way to flirt.. better grab directly a++ as it was done in japan! :roftl: sorrry, i could not restrain myself.. :naughty:

:roftl::lmfao:

Thanks so much for posting! I have to say, wow, this article is spot-on about some things I was thinking lately... I think much of it will have to get quoted in my Mika's sexuality thread!

--Jack

i noticed that!

as for:

Do you flirt with the audience?

I kinda flirt with everything and everyone, no matter if it's a tree or a coffecup. I can't resist. It makes ordinary life much more exciting. But in the same time I'm not a "flirty" person. People misinterpret me often and think I'm flirting with them when Im not. I don't really flirt, I'm only human. People get stressed if you just look them in the eyes and smile. "Help, somebody takes contact", you see they're thinking.

and

How do you do if you want to make contact to people?

Mika and I are identical in that way. When I first started work I was misinterpreted as flirty. I wasn't flirty, I was just friendly and found my workplace easy to get into; stick me anywhere and I get used to it easily, that's just the way I am. I never noticed my behaviour, I never thought it was a problem until I nearly got sacked because I was apparently "giving the boys too much attention" when there were more boys than girls there anyway! And I usually get on better with guys too.

As for the second, I don't need alcohol at all. See me at a club or a party I'm always dancing away and approaching people I don't know. If I may be bold enough to say so, I am quite a confident person and don't need alcohol to lift me up. I've never even been drunk LOL but that's not coz i dont need to boost myself, it's simply because I'm too lazy to get drunk :naughty:

I don't know why I'm saying this...i think maybe it'll help people understand what Mika's saying more coming from another person who is very similar in this way. I don't know. Or maybe I was just excited.

I was probably excited. :biggrin2: