What came first?

Fmbm

I think most people will say the same thing, because you don't become attracted to a person (celeb) until you've become a fan of their work and "get to know them."

i don't generally agree with that, i remember my old boygroup fan times, there i liked the music mainly because the guys were cute. :naughty: BUT with mika it's different. i heard grace kelly on the radio, immediately fell in love with the song, looked up mika on the web, listened to some more songs and liked them, but i wasn't even THAT attracted by the pictures first. i thought, well, nice, but too curly and too young. :bleh: not even the grace kelly video convinced me. i only started feeling attracted to him when i watched some interviews on youtube. i think the first interview i saw was the one at the zoo, and i immediately loved the way he talked, acted etc. :wub2: and i remember i was amazed that he's so tall.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was his looks :blush-anim-cl:

I had heard about this Mika a couple of times, but had no idea who he was or what his music was.

Then he was in the paper in the end of February. And I thought he was cute, and the article made him sound a bit interesting. So I thought I should google him. I went to his official site, and got angry because my computer was so slow. So I turned it off.

Then after a couple of days (on another computer :bleh:) I googled him again and downloaded his music. I looooved it! Then I saw some pictures of him and loooved his looks too ^^

music first.

in fact "relax take it easy" was quite famous in france at the beginning of the year, but i had never heard it so i couldnt tell i liked it.

and then in april i think my brother started listening to lollipop and stuck in the middle and i began loving those songs even if i didnt know who made them.

so one day i looked on his computer and saw "MIKA"...

the next day i went on the iStore and listened to all the album and bought it.

i didnt even know how mika looked like at the time, and now here i am, deeply in love with a guy i never met...

god this is kind of scary...

Absolutely his music. The thing is, I never "watch" music channels on tv. The tv is on, on a music channel, but I'm doing other stuff at the moment --> cleaning dishes, cooking, computer... whatever! And I was in the kitchen when this song was on, and I absolutely loved the "atmosphere" of the song, and I remember thinking by myself, dear god, that's a great voice!!! So i looked at the tv, but I didn't really look at Mika in the video, cause it was all so colorfull and a lot going on (grace kelly) so i was just watching without noticing mika really lol...

but then, when i absolutely loved the song, i searched on the internet, there weren't too many pics of him online yet... (yeah, was a long time ago!! now a big shock right ;);)) It wasn't till i found some pics and videos that i had something like woooowww he's hot! :biggrin2:

i don't generally agree with that, i remember my old boygroup fan times, there i liked the music mainly because the guys were cute. :naughty: BUT with mika it's different. i heard grace kelly on the radio, immediately fell in love with the song, looked up mika on the web, listened to some more songs and liked them, but i wasn't even THAT attracted by the pictures first. i thought, well, nice, but too curly and too young. :bleh: not even the grace kelly video convinced me. i only started feeling attracted to him when i watched some interviews on youtube. i think the first interview i saw was the one at the zoo, and i immediately loved the way he talked, acted etc. :wub2: and i remember i was amazed that he's so tall.

hearing him speak had a big impact on me

he was so fun and honest and smart I was almost thinking if this guy is real :jawdrop:

but being attracted to him came really late... the first few pictures didn`t really work for me

I think wat hit me was a picture of his eyes ,i mean you could see his eyes real well and he was smiling and I was looking at it and suddenly...:wub2:

oh yeah,and I checked his height too,just to see if he`s taller than me,and yeheeey he was! :biggrin2:

that braught him another point :naughty:

I thought: "man this is a crazy song ans this Mika-guy sings soooo high!"

haha yeah!

I actually heard him because a friend played me grace kelly and told me,listen to this,he`s like a woman..geez

and I was looking at her and thinking "is this girl an idiot? can`t she tell a male from a female voice? and can`t she really tell this guy has an amazing voice?"

that kinda got me started

and now here i am, deeply in love with a guy i never met...

god this is kind of scary...

same here; when i come to think about the fact that i have a serious crush on a guy i never met and unforntunately never will meet, you know, it kinda feels like..:hypo:

I was wondering what drew you guys into liking Mika first: his music or his looks?

Hard to say, really. *thinks* I guess at first came a little bit of both because the first 'encounter' was the Grace Kelly video. A snippet of it to be exact. So I'd say it was the combination of both at first.

Then, researching by popular means (youtube....lol :biggrin2: ) I found the confessions video. And shortly after that the taratata interview. That was the moment when my perception of this MIKA-thing turned from 'music/looks' or 'looks/music' to 'mystery'. And I liked that a lot, I still do. After all it has taken me here :wink2: .

I was MIKA deprived! So I downloaded everything possible! i had to buy songs from UK iTunes!

How did you manage that? I can't make purchases from the UK store.

I'm glad that Canada is normally behind because we can see these fantastic shows for $15. I expected the Canadian Mika hype to come about 6-18 months after November when I first heard Grace Kelly on Capital FM in London.

I totally panicked when I was in a shop and heard GK on the radio and that tickets were on sale for the Mod Club. I thought I'd missed the boat because I hadn't been paying attention to his tour schedule, assuming he wasn't coming yet and no one would have heard of him anyway. Fortunately it wasn't sold out yet.

As for the music versus looks. I bought tickets to the concert almost sight unseen. I think I had taken a peek at GK on YouTube to get some sense of what he looked like.

There's no question that Mika is beautiful but his looks are pretty irrelevant. He appeals to me beyond the music because of his personality. He is smart, articulate, charismatic and well travelled. His curls wouldn't be anywhere near as attractive without what's going on underneath.

How did you manage that? I can't make purchases from the UK store.

I'm glad that Canada is normally behind because we can see these fantastic shows for $15. I expected the Canadian Mika hype to come about 6-18 months after November when I first heard Grace Kelly on Capital FM in London.

I totally panicked when I was in a shop and heard GK on the radio and that tickets were on sale for the Mod Club. I thought I'd missed the boat because I hadn't been paying attention to his tour schedule, assuming he wasn't coming yet and no one would have heard of him anyway. Fortunately it wasn't sold out yet.

As for the music versus looks. I bought tickets to the concert almost sight unseen. I think I had taken a peek at GK on YouTube to get some sense of what he looked like.

There's no question that Mika is beautiful but his looks are pretty irrelevant. He appeals to me beyond the music because of his personality. He is smart, articulate, charismatic and well travelled. His curls wouldn't be anywhere near as attractive without what's going on underneath.

Well said, Christine!

I dunno how I purchased them from UK iTunes... I was a virgin iTuner until MIKA came along. I just stumbled across it - I am technologically challenged, so it must have been a random accident really!

But it stopped allowing me somewhere along the way...

music!!! I was washing my teeths and I heard him I run to see who was singing...and I remember I mentally repeated 'Mi-ka...remember...Mi-ka'...then I fall in love with the girl in the video and the way they looked one at the other when she's on the piano...

:wub2:

Music. I first heard "Grace Kelly" on the radio, then my friend played the entire album for me. I didn't find out what he looked like until after I bought the album for myself, and saw his picture in the CD booklet.

It's really all about the music for me, but it doesn't hurt when the musician's a stone cold fox, either. :wink2:

the very first thing I liked was his music! I had always loved GK but never really paid attention to it! and then I saw him perform it at the san remo festival! I think what I liked most was his style, fashionwise and the whole way he acted. and he was so modest I really liked that too! his looks were actually the last thing that drew my attention to him, I know it sounds weird to say that :naughty:

First time I SAW him I was studying, "watching" Muchmusic with the sound off. I found him soooo damned gorgeous that I turned the sound on, and theeeennn I love the whole package!

I was watching Much music when i first saw him too! hes was being interviewd and i thought he was cute so i turned the sound up and saw that he was English and that was it for me lol and then they played Grace Kelly and i was like need to go to mall and buy CD

So i guess looks came first for me:yikes:

I dunno how I purchased them from UK iTunes... I was a virgin iTuner until MIKA came along. I just stumbled across it - I am technologically challenged, so it must have been a random accident really!

But it stopped allowing me somewhere along the way...

They must have changed their rules. How annoying. Do they really want us to not buy things? Canadians are not going to wait months to buy something when they can download it for free right now. That's just how we are. Especially me!