Daily Mirror - Who we rated and who we hated

JUlie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MIKA - OK, Grace Kelly and Love Today are sublime. But two songs don't make a show and the rest of Mika's tunes didn't cut it.

(Absolute rubbish):thumbdown:

Don't worry! It's only the Daily Mirror! They are paid to write things like that!!!

MIKA - OK, Grace Kelly and Love Today are sublime. But two songs don't make a show and the rest of Mika's tunes didn't cut it.

That's ridiculous! :naughty:

Well luckily Daily Mirror won't affect over my opinions.

Don't worry! It's only the Daily Mirror! They are paid to write things like that!!!

Yep, read my mind. arent they the fools who wrote the rubbish about him being excessively broke and afraid of being bottled off stage at the summer festivals?

:protest::furious:IDIOTS grrr how dare they print such rubbish. I mean it's fair enough for Joe bloggs to think that but for them to print it and maybe influence others is unfair. For example... when my daughter first showed me Mika singing Grace Kelly, I didn't take much notice of it and said "yeah yeah its ok I guess" in other words, on first hearing; it didn't make a huge impact on me, but the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it I was hooked.

His album was the same, some songs on it I immediately adored, others grew on me, I wasn't fussy on Relax for ages and Ring Ring only became one of my faves after he sang "you have a dangerous obsession" and pointed at me in Leeds, now I love it.

So some songs need closer listening to or repeated listenings before some of us get the most out of them, others hit you between the eyes at once, so to brush it off in a way that could influence others is in my opinion, very annoying as music is personal taste anyway.

RANT OVER!

The crowd loved him and I think that is all that matters. Daily Mirror reporters talk out of their backsides........Mika was brilliant. He knows how to work a crowd and he is an entertainer.:thumb_yello:

I agree Sparkly ^^ it is an example of rubbish 'journalism' - to simply state 'his new tunes didn't cut it' - I mean, didn't cut it for whom?? For the millions who have bought his album? Doh. Throwaway personal opinion, just rubbishy. Grrr, etc.

Ah well must remember it's the Daily Mirror I suppose.:naughty:

just look at the positive stuff...'sublime' sounds good!:wink2:

I don't think they knew any other songs to write about..

Notice how both of the songs have been released?

They have probably never heard any other songs.

Idiots. :thumbdown:

x

I don't think they knew any other songs to write about..

Notice how both of the songs have been released?

They have probably never heard any other songs.

Idiots. :thumbdown:

x

Exactly. I noticed that too. It's stupid. All his songs are great, and we know that! :D