MIKA Plays 'Secret' Gig in Reading 3rd July

Blue Eyes

As far as I can tell with the time zones, Nibe was cancelled in the afternoon, and he performed at the Reading gig a few hours later that evening. I really wonder what was going on there.

--Jack

And I lose track after this point. :blink:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh dear, yes rilo8913, i hope number 2 is not correct also!

I don't think it is. This is where the majority of Mika's support comes from and i know he appreciates that. :thumb_yello:

i feel some relief if YOU say this, sara! because you were with them and partly with him so many times recently! you should have the right feelings! :thumb_yello:

Interesting new developments :blink:, I really wonder why that gig wasn't cancelled earlier if it is not due to illness. We all know and even say all the time that his schedule is insane so it would not have been such a big surprise. I would just have been fair towards those who were planning to go there because of Mika in first place. :boxed:

I only suggested that he wanted to avoid the MFC as a joke, but honestly, I don't really care if he wants to have special-secret gigs without the MFC there.

I do care about him potentially cancelling unrefundable festival dates for no real reason.

--Jack

I only suggested that he wanted to avoid the MFC as a joke, but honestly, I don't really care if he wants to have special-secret gigs without the MFC there.

I do care about him potentially cancelling unrefundable festival dates for no real reason.

--Jack

yes, you are right, i agree, you always set my thoughts right. :thumb_yello:

Just my 2 cents, posted it in another thread 5 min ago:

I was thinking... Maybe it is still that ear infection that makes it impossible for him to fly. Fair enough. And with an ear infection you are able to play secret gigs in your own area.

But in that case I don't understand why they make an announcement that he has lost his voice :blink: . He will lose a lot of credit this way. :blink:

I was thinking... Maybe it is still that ear infection that makes it impossible for him to fly. Fair enough. And with an ear infection you are able to play secret gigs in your own area.

But in that case I don't understand why they make an announcement that he has lost his voice :blink: . He will lose a lot of credit this way. :blink:

I guess that is the bug whenever information has to pass several stations. It's like playing telephone - LOL

No I have another speculative theory. Maybe Mika's management really cancelled because of the ear story but the festival people thought a little more drama would be good just to justify in front of the audience :sneaky2:

Bloody Reading! I knew it! Who was with him bandwise? I asked Ophelia Bitz about this, no joy, I asked Luke and Martin and Mikey, they said maybe he was doing something on his own, because they were having a few days off.

Are they lying to us, the monkeys?:sneaky2:

Yeh , I need help calming Kata down .....I support the guy but this appears wrong .. more details needed I suppose

I justed texted her (before I read your comment), hope it will help a bit. :mf_rosetinted:

Bloody Reading! I knew it! Who was with him bandwise? I asked Ophelia Bitz about this, no joy, I asked Luke and Martin and Mikey, they said maybe he was doing something on his own, because they were having a few days off.

Are they lying to us, the monkeys?:sneaky2:

Eh? What's that supposed to mean? This is getting weirder and weirder. :boxed:

So was he with his band or not at Reading? And has really nobody from here been there? I can't believe it...

Eh? What's that supposed to mean? This is getting weirder and weirder. :boxed:

So was he with his band or not at Reading? And has really nobody from here been there? I can't believe it...

If you look at the photos, it appears that only Mika was performing.

If you look at the photos, it appears that only Mika was performing.

Yup, I was thinking the same.

Kata is not very happy BTW. And that is an understatement.

I can't believe he made it all up by himself. There must be a communication lack somewhere. Obviously there was nothing wrong with his voice. Someone must have added some drama to the cancellation - the story of the lost voice. :boxed:

Yup, I was thinking the same.

Kata is not very happy BTW. And that is an understatement.

I can't believe he made it all up by himself. There must be a communication lack somewhere. Obviously there was nothing wrong with his voice. Someone must have added some drama to the cancellation - the story of the lost voice. :boxed:

that makes me so angry :/ not with Mika, but with Nibe. I mean, why claim that it's because he's lost his voice, if he hasn't?

I might have to re-write my relax card, 'cause I wrote a bit about loosing one's voice and so..

Thanks, Blue! Was this one even on the calendar? :blink: I guess it was more "secret" than the others. :naughty: Some gorgeous photos there, though.

--Jack

yeah!! this was really bloody secret!!:boxed:

Best. Face. Ever.

secretgig2.jpg

his face is like "ah ah, i got you!!"

i was thinking that too, but as the others said, maybe it was Nibe website that put a little drama in the story.