Mika is really sick - now

EnFa

Sure, but WHY isn't it annunced sooner? If the man can't sing, then why not tell his fans that he won't be there so they can maybe sell their tickets for these sold out festivals instead of swimming around in the mud :thumbdown:

Maybe because people are not expected to buy festival tickets just to see ONE act? :boxed:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't assuming anything, just keeping you all updated as for the website IS functional and people actually update it, so we would get the info sooner or later :thumb_yello:

I've made several little updates like "still no info" so i thought i could say that there was a new info, even if not Mika related :naughty:

I really appreciate the fact that you are giving updates (and I mean it) but I think the first part of the sentence ('I guess rest won't be for this week-end') sounds quite assuming though.

But it was already clear that I am one of the few who sticks to 'innocent until proven guilty' - in Violet_sky's words.

Sorry, I forgot that I decided to stay out of the discussion.

I really appreciate the fact that you are giving updates (and I mean it) but I think the first part of the sentence ('I guess rest won't be for this week-end') sounds quite assuming though.

But it was already clear that I am one of the few who sticks to 'innocent until proven guilty' - in Violet_sky's words.

Sorry, I forgot that I decided to stay out of the discussion.

Yeah, you're right, it's assuming... But it wasn't like "no it won't", anyway, i didn't mean it like that... Maybe my mind spoke out loud without permission :blush-anim-cl: .

Sorry (and i mean it).

Maybe because people are not expected to buy festival tickets just to see ONE act? :boxed:

Yeah but when you're in mud to your knees you are not in the mood to discover new music, so you will probably only travel in from the other end of the country to see something you REALLY like :doh: If I had chosen Roskilde festival I would have used my ticket thursday and then I'd be sitting here in front of my computer with my wristband on now, not using it for a ****ing thing since the festival is COMPLETELY flooded. If he had cancelled Oxegen and T in the Park yesterday when Roskilde was cancelled then people could at least have the option of giving the ticket to someone who would swim around in mud to see another act :blink:

Hope u get well soon, Sincerely

may be it was a bit overstated

but he's cancelling must not because he go to play..or just dun want to!!

it is because he CAN'T make it

can't figure why there are so many speculations...

he start his career from this year, promoting from Jan until now...

does he has enough time to take a break??

also, even though he finally can perform on stage, that doesn't mean he is in 100% good condition

Yeah, you're right, it's assuming... But it wasn't like "no it won't", anyway, i didn't mean it like that... Maybe my mind spoke out loud without permission :blush-anim-cl: .

Sorry (and i mean it).

Apologies accepted. :wink2:

And I sort of agree with Kata about the late cancellations. If they are sure that he can't play for a while it would be fair towards the fans to let them know as soon as possible so that people can change their plans if they want to. But on the other hand: keep in mind that it is a festival with several artists playing - not a regular gig.

OK, I'm off again.

There's a chance that the websites might not even announce it if he has cancelled. It might be one of those where you just work out who was missing when you get home...I've been to lots of those kind :sneaky2:

I believe it too

And even if we should discover that he's not sick and it's because he has other things to do.......i really don't think that would be a Mika's decision...he's in his managers hands, remember it... he does what they say him to do, at least about dates and gigs...

I believe it too

And even if we should discover that he's not sick and it's because he has other things to do.......i really don't think that would be a Mika's decision...he's in his managers hands, remember it... he does what they say him to do, at least about dates and gigs...

Yeah, Sick or not there'll always be a good reason, even if we don't find out what it is. I really don't think he's the kinda person to just cancel stuff like this for the say so.

IF it's a festival you were supposed to see Mika, then you should go no matter what!

I mean, it's music and lots of people! I had so much fun at Nibe even tho I didn't see Mika!

the festivals are very pricey, cancellations are a disatser, plus you are not entitled to a refund like for the single gigs, that often (if not always) are also rescheduled.

but many of us would go to a festival JUST to see mika, so if he misses that's a plain disaster.

Ok... Last time... And if you don't get it, then i can nothing for you and i'm out of this (for a tiny while, i have to go anyway :bleh: ) :

It's not about THE REASON they cancel, it's about THE WAY they do it.

We know the reason : he's exhausted. Problem = why they SELECT gigs and just don't STOP him right now, so he can be back soon and alright.

Yeah but when you're in mud to your knees you are not in the mood to discover new music, so you will probably only travel in from the other end of the country to see something you REALLY like :doh: If I had chosen Roskilde festival I would have used my ticket thursday and then I'd be sitting here in front of my computer with my wristband on now, not using it for a ****ing thing since the festival is COMPLETELY flooded. If he had cancelled Oxegen and T in the Park yesterday when Roskilde was cancelled then people could at least have the option of giving the ticket to someone who would swim around in mud to see another act :blink:

Of course I can clearly see where you're coming from (Nibe...lol), no honestly, I understand that. I would have freaked out if it had happened to me.

I just think the organizers don't feel that they're in need of informing people early enough (and not in need to request cancellations to be announced early enough by band management) for they just don't have to fear any concequences, neiter monetary ones , nor organisational ones. :blink:

Of course I can clearly see where you're coming from (Nibe...lol), no honestly, I understand that. I would have freaked out if it had happened to me.

I just think the organizers don't feel that they're in need of informing people early enough (and not in need to request cancellations to be announced early enough by band management) for they just don't have to fear any concequences, neiter monetary ones , nor organisational ones. :blink:

I would agree with that if they didn't have to find a replacement band for the "caller sick"...

Out !!! I'm gone !!

Ok... Last time... And if you don't get it, then i can nothing for you and i'm out of this (for a tiny while, i have to go anyway :bleh: ) :

It's not about THE REASON they cancel, it's about THE WAY they do it.

We know the reason : he's exhausted. Problem = why they SELECT gigs and just don't STOP him right now, so he can be back soon and alright.

You should yell ...er tell them off, Yop :wink2:

And I sort of agree with Kata about the late cancellations. If they are sure that he can't play for a while it would be fair towards the fans to let them know as soon as possible so that people can change their plans if they want to. But on the other hand: keep in mind that it is a festival with several artists playing - not a regular gig.

OK, I'm off again.

but what is the appropriate time to decide he is not going and give the cancel announcement?

can u know that your voice is still not going well tomorrow?nobody knows

when they found it's not working ..so they announce in last minutes..

and nobody wants

that's what i think..plz be kind to him

but what is the appropriate time to decide he is not going and give the cancel announcement?

and nobody wants

I am not in particular speaking of a voice being not well. In that case it is fair enough to cancel a performance last minute.

I am speaking of the fact that they announced that he is suffering from pneumonia now. You can assume that someone who is suffering from pneumonia will not be able to perform for a while. So when a performance is cancelled for such a reason you might expect other festivals in the next few days (or week) to be cancelled as well. I hope you get my point. :wink2:

and nobody wants

If you have pneumonia then the appropriate time to cancel the gigs is the time when your doctor tells you that you have pneumonia :doh: If he has pneumonia then he will NOT play Oxegen and T in the Park, so they should be cancelled by now!!!

also out :boxed:

If you have pneumonia then the appropriate time to cancel the gigs is the time when your doctor tells you that you have pneumonia :doh: If he has pneumonia then he will NOT play Oxegen and T in the Park, so they should be cancelled by now!!!

You're so right!

For now I'm still waiting to send him a 'get well' message.

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.:wink2:

...well, I am always too late for the main news.....

read the 1st and the last pg so far...

1. MIKA - HAVE A FULL (and quick) RECOVERY

2. maybe he is hoping to do smth on antibiotics - u know, when there is smth important - like exam or travel, and u fall ill...but still keep hoping u will manage....

(Snuffles)

Hopefully they aren't giving people the run around...

But I hope Mika has a full recovery if its true....Pneumonia is horrible to have....I imagine he would trouble breathing with inflammation of the lungs.

He should be resting though for a few weeks....

(big hug for Mika and some warm tea)

:shocked:

Pneumonia, that's bad. I've had it twice. :boxed: Mika, pleeeease take some rest and drink plenty of hot tea. Hope you'll get well soon! :huglove: We're all keeping our fingers crossed...