Mika is really sick - now

EnFa

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a question : according to you, is he in the hospital or not?

What do you think?

We don't know. Roskilde only told what I have translated in the first post :thumb_yello:

a question : according to you, is he in the hospital or not?

What do you think?

interesting question but i dont think so. Pnuemonia or not, I think he is genuinely exhausted and was maybe homesick. I bet he's tucked away in bed in his home.

I don't think too.....but would be really really important to know that....could be helpfull to undestand how bad (or not too bad in the case i wish) his pneumonia is....

sadly there' re not official news about Mika :emot-sad:

Somehow I want him to cancel his gigs as well (sorry for the people who'll go there). On the one hand I want him to get as much rest as possible on the other hand I want a confirmation that he is really ill so that I won't be angry with him anymore :blush-anim-cl: .

I only want him not to be sick.

It is easy for me to say so because I'm not one of those who have been let down because of the cancellations, but it's just like that.

I only want him not to be sick.

It is easy for me to say so because I'm not one of those who have been let down because of the cancellations, but it's just like that.

I understand your reaction. I only want some kind of confirmation that we weren't fooled. I'm not angry because of the cancellation. If he was really ill it is the best thing he can do to recover. What makes me angry is the overlap of cancellation and secret gig although he had no voice. That makes me feel incredibly stupid at the moment and that's a feeling I don't like :blink: .

I'm off to bed now. Hope there'll be some news tomorrow.

:mf_rosetinted:

I understand your reaction. I only want some kind of confirmation that we weren't fooled. I'm not angry because of the cancellation. If he was really ill it is the best thing he can do to recover. What makes me angry is the overlap of cancellation and secret gig although he had no voice. That makes me feel incredibly stupid at the moment and that's a feeling I don't like :blink: .

I'm off to bed now. Hope there'll be some news tomorrow.

:mf_rosetinted:

AGREE!

Gute nacht :mf_rosetinted:

Found on ROSKILDE FESTIVALS HOMEPAGE. He was going to play there, but not anymore.

Mika spiller desværre ikke på Roskilde Festival alligevel

Den engelske sanger er blevet ramt af lungebetændelse og har derfor fået forbud mod at synge af sine læger.

Dato:

Torsdag

kl. 21:00

Mika er ramt af luftvejsinfektion, som har resulteret i at han har mistet stemmen. På grund af forværring med lungebetændelse har hans læger givet ham forbud mod at optræde.

Mika beklager dybt at måtte skuffe publikum på Roskilde Festival og håber at kunne gøre skaden god en anden gang.

Der arbejdes på at finde en afløser for Mika.

In short it says that he has lost his voice, and now he's gotten pneumonia (whats up with that word??) And his doctors demands that he doesn't sing.

Mika's very sorry for letting his audience down (and probably also fans). He hopes that he can make it all good again later.

..................................................................................

Now he really have to take a (loooooong) break. And read the forum (to see our love).

Pneumonia ?? Sounds really bad ! :shocked: He MUST take a looong break until November 6th - but then he has to be well again

Pneumonia ?? Sounds really bad ! :shocked: He MUST take a looong break until November 6th - but then he has to be well again

Exactly :thumb_yello:

I'm a .. news-stalker right now. Nothing new about Oxegen!

Gute Nacht, Hasi und EnFa! Sweet Dreams!

Let's hope it will all work out. There will be no result that's fit to satisfy everybody, as far as I see it. Either the near-term cancellations are justified and Mika IS ill, what would not be good, or his management perceives us as a little birdbrained what wouldn't be good either. So any news is bad news. :boxed:

Gute Nacht, Hasi und EnFa! Sweet Dreams!

Let's hope it will all work out. There will be no result that's fit to satisfy everybody, as far as I see it. Either the near-term cancellations are justified and Mika IS ill, what would not be good, or his management perceives us as a little birdbrained what wouldn't be good either. So any news is bad news. :boxed:

That's also right! Hmm.. But I prefer news!

Poor Mika,

You really have to get a rest and cure yourself very seriously.

I had pneumonia 1 year and a half ago and spent 9 days in hospital for it.

Take a break until you've fully recovered. Don't take any risk. We love you.

Take care

Love

Emmanuelle (France)

OMG!!!!! This is terrible news, I do hope now he takes his health seriously once and for all and TAKES A LOOOONG REST!!!!!! He worries me a lot, I want him to be happy and healthy, even if it takes him not giving any more shows. PLEASE MIKA, REST AND GET WELL, WE NEED TO KNOW YOU'RE FINE. WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH WE CAN'T KNOW YOU'RE SUFFERING

Ugh. I just looked back at this thread, which is where I first became seriously concerned for Mika's health and his schedule. (And here, too.) But this was when others were saying, "oh, but he has lots of energy." Anyway, it's been 2 months now and we can see where that's gotten him. I'm just frustrated that it seems like taking a prolonged rest is not going to happen, and his health really will suffer as a result.

--Jack

Ugh. I just looked back at this thread, which is where I first became seriously concerned for Mika's health and his schedule. (And here, too.) But this was when others were saying, "oh, but he has lots of energy." Anyway, it's been 2 months now and we can see where that's gotten him. I'm just frustrated that it seems like taking a prolonged rest is not going to happen, and his health really will suffer as a result.

--Jack

Well, Jack, you are not alone! I think this situation is going from bad to ridicuous to sheer insanity. The red flag has been waving for quite some time now and no one has been paying any attention to it. Do you stand there and keep waving it when the bull is charging, or do you get the hell out of Dodge? Better still, maybe turning tail and running in the opposite direction is a feasable option!!! I don't know - it just seems that the people who are in the Mika camp really do not seem to have his best interests at heart. They are not being at all sensitive to any of his needs - especially those concerning his health and well-being. And Mika, being the perfectionist, obsessive compulsive personality that he is would strive to please everyone despite exhaustion and failing health. He puts everybody else before himself. We all know that profile.

If Mika doesn't slow down now, take some quality time off, follow doctors' orders and make his failing health his #1 Priority I fear nothing short of a major crash and burn in his near future. And that personally terrifies me! I've said it before -I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt and suffered the horrific repercussions. If he continues this half-assed cycle of performing/cancelling/playing secret gigs/cancelling I foresee a downward spiral to hell. And that is just about the health issue. We're not even talking about how his reputation, popularity and credibility will suffer if this pattern continues for any length of time...

Arggghhh, why aren't his weekend engagements cancelled yet?

Like I said in the thoughts thread, I really want him to cancel! Whether he really has pneumonia or not, it's obvious he's not feeling well in general (stress, exhaustion, not enough sleep, etc), and he really needs a protracted period of rest, stat.

--Jack

I want him to cancel too. I know the fans will be disappointed, but he really does need it. They'll understand. And he's had a string of illnesses in a short period of time, and even if he doesn't have pneumonia in fact, it doesn't mean he should keep going at it like he is...I'm worried...

yes, i couldn't have said it better myself calicojasmine.

but i really just hope he's in his own bed in his own home, not in some hotel or even worse a hospital. poor guy, i really hope we get some more news soon, hopefully good news. xx

I know! Mika needs some regular home-time. He needs to be in his bed in his bedroom at his house, and have his mother bring him chicken soup. :)

Well, Jack, you are not alone! I think this situation is going from bad to ridicuous to sheer insanity. The red flag has been waving for quite some time now and no one has been paying any attention to it. Do you stand there and keep waving it when the bull is charging, or do you get the hell out of Dodge? Better still, maybe turning tail and running in the opposite direction is a feasable option!!! I don't know - it just seems that the people who are in the Mika camp really do not seem to have his best interests at heart. They are not being at all sensitive to any of his needs - especially those concerning his health and well-being. And Mika, being the perfectionist, obsessive compulsive personality that he is would strive to please everyone despite exhaustion and failing health. He puts everybody else before himself. We all know that profile.

If Mika doesn't slow down now, take some quality time off, follow doctors' orders and make his failing health his #1 Priority I fear nothing short of a major crash and burn in his near future. And that personally terrifies me! I've said it before -I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt and suffered the horrific repercussions. If he continues this half-assed cycle of performing/cancelling/playing secret gigs/cancelling I foresee a downward spiral to hell. And that is just about the health issue. We're not even talking about how his reputation, popularity and credibility will suffer if this pattern continues for any length of time...

I agree... Mika get some rest !!!!

MTV on Roskilde has also said it's pneumonia now:

http://www.mtv.no/overdrive.php?StoryId=6481

First, Mika cancelled his Way Out West performance, and now he’s been forced to cancel his Roskilde gig as well. This time it’s not a tv-taping getting in the way though, but rather illness. He’s been diagnosed with pneumonia and after losing his voice his doctors have prohibited him from singing. Get better soon, Mika! No replacement has been announced yet.