1. 1. donating to mfc - good or bad idea

• good idea
    • bad idea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt mean to say that mfc members dont give to charity. i just wanted to know what your feelings were about it :biggrin2:

I wasnt accusing people of not giving to charity!!!:thumb_yello:

.....i think people mis-understood me?:wink2:

Just to answer the questions...

It costs around $140 per month for the server for MFC.

Average donations are around $30 per month.

Dean

Are you using a dedicated server? I have webspace in Canada and you can get 11,000 GB transfer per month for CDN $18. I know MFC is busy but that's a lot of bandwidth.

Maybe a bit of an ongoing fund drive is in order and people should be encouraged to donate a dollar or whatever they can afford. There are thousands of users so quantity is more important than high dollar values.

i didnt mean to say that mfc members dont give to charity. i just wanted to know what your feelings were about it :biggrin2:

I wasnt accusing people of not giving to charity!!!:thumb_yello:

.....i think people mis-understood me?:wink2:

Haha, you're forgiven! :naughty:

I think donating here is well excused. It's a fan based site after all.

Appreciate people who do! :thumb_yello:

And donating charities is another thing. That's good too.

I definitely don't think it's a ever bad idea for anyone to donate here, maybe it's just not the best idea for some people. I will admit, I haven't donated (yet). I plan on it in the future, but I just got back from quite an expensive trip, and I NEED A JOB!!! :roftl: Anyway, like I said, I definitely plan on donating once I get any extra money. I feel like I should because I get on this site so much! But anyway, yeah, kudos to the people who donate, and for those who don't want to/can't donate, that's completely fine too, but I don't think it's ever a bad idea to donate to anything worthwhile, and this site is very, very worthwhile!

I think it's a bad idea but one of personal choice. I don't think it should be required and I don't think donators should get any special priveledges. This site doesn't do anything to donate for. Also some mebers of this fan club are either too young to donate, don't have the Credit card means to donate and some just can't afford it and they are no less important to the club than those who can donate. Now if you want to give all donators complimentary tickets to local concerts in their area( say within 300 miles of their home) or free shirts and memiobilia for their donations that's kool and sounds like a good idea. But I don't think donating to be a member is kool or to be placed on a petistool because you're capable of donating is a good idea. Makes the others feel less important and I don't think MIKA would like to hear that anyone is being treated as less in his name.

This site does a LOT that is worth donating for. Otherwise you wouldn't be here.

If you spend time here reading, posting, uploading photos on the site, downloading or whatever, the fact it uses space somewhere in the cyber-universe costs money, and if you are in a position to donate, and you want to contribute a bit to the costs, that has to be a good thing, and very worth the money.

If, as Deano said the site costs $140 a month for hosting and donations run at $30 a month, that means someone is paying the difference. I wonder who. I wonder why they feel the site is worth keeping up when they are $110 out of pocket each month. We should say thankyou, whoever you are!! This site is SO WORTH IT.

Other fan clubs charge memberships. We don't, we just have voluntary donations. It's like a THANK YOU, not a forced payment. If you donated, say, the cost of one weeks calls on your cell phone, you would be amazed how much MFC would benefit. You don't argue with paying for the use of your cell phone. Here they are not even ASKING you to pay, just saying if you want to. And you can chat here for many more hours a week than you can on your cell phone, all for free!!

MFC is like water, it's free (in many places) but someone built the dams and pipes to get it to you. So is it really free??:wink2:

Don't compare charity and the MFC! It has nothing to do with it!

The money help the website to live. Do you know how many it costs to have a website like that?

yipyip. Its like saying..

Why pay your bills when you can donate to charity.. LOL

I think shes out-numbered.. :o

Just to answer the questions...

It costs around $140 per month for the server for MFC.

Average donations are around $30 per month.

Dean

hey Deano...is selling the t-shirts and stuff help to?

i hope atleast if ppl buy my designs some money is left for the MFC?

i hope... if IM not getting anything out of it i hope atleast it helps the MFC to run...

hey Deano...is selling the t-shirts and stuff help to?

i hope atleast if ppl buy my designs some money is left for the MFC?

i hope... if IM not getting anything out of it i hope atleast it helps the MFC to run...

I hope too! :wink2:

• 1 year later...
As far as I know Dilek , the donation process was dis-continued once Mika bought the MFC ...... :thumb_yello:

Yes, it was, as HK says. We took the links off so no one would try to

donate now -- if we missed the link anywhere, please LMK so we can fix

it. Thanks! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I had just given my first donation but I think it must have been just before the MFc was bought by Mika or before the links were taken off, oh well so I don't need to do it any more now then, fair enough, guess he is rich now, (or will be soon enough lol).

I had just given my first donation but I think it must have been just before the MFc was bought by Mika or before the links were taken off, oh well so I don't need to do it any more now then, fair enough, guess he is rich now, (or will be soon enough lol).

When Deano ran it we had the link , now its taken off.