Summercase festival cancelled

Queenie

i am very sad to hear that.

i am afraid he will cancel salzburg as well. i think i am never going to see him perform.

but for whatever reason, i wish him all the best whatever he may do!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it must be horible for those who are gonna end up missing him but it'll probably do him good to have a bit of a break at home ready for the next stretch of touring. If not he won't recover and will end up having to keep cancelling the odd show every now and then for the next year!

This is getting serious now. I hope he is OK. But MIKA has been working extremely hard. If you look at recent photos. He looks very tired and his energy level is low. You could tell. I feel your pain. It is hard to wait for someone and then find out that he wont' make it.

By the way, who is in charge of scheduling gigs for MIKA? Jerry?

Eh. Whatever, I'm fine with this. I mean, it still sucks for you all, but I was expecting it by now. (Didn't think he'd cancel Lyon too, though!)

He's not sick-sick, he's exhausted. Didn't we already settle this? He looked tired and was setting himself up for a crash back in May, we all noticed how crazy his schedule had gotten in June and sent him messages saying that we concerned he couldn't keep it up, and well, here we are: in July he's realized that yeah, he really can't. We wanted him to take a break, and there you go, he's taking it, because at this point he is wiped out and can't push himself any further.

Now he's cancelling all but the biggest gigs he has planned because he just can't go on doing show-after-show like before and needs some sleep. It was bad planning, and stupid planning, considering that people here could see it coming miles away, but, well... there it is. Let's at least be happy this happened before he actually collapsed on stage, and let's hope they solve these overbooking issues with the next tour. Or at least by next spring. (Launching into a fall tour straight from the festival season is such a bad idea.)

--Jack

I feel really sorry for those who planned to go to these events. I couldn't get to them myself but I would be just terribly disappointed if I had planned to go. Actually I'm afraid that now we will never be able to predict when the gig happens and when not. I really hope Mika will recover soon and his schedule will be arranged so that neither he is exhausted nor his fans disappointed.

Eh. Whatever, I'm fine with this. I mean, it still sucks for you all, but I was expecting it by now. (Didn't think he'd cancel Lyon too, though!)

He's not sick-sick, he's exhausted. Didn't we already settle this? He looked tired and was setting himself up for a crash back in May, we all noticed how crazy his schedule had gotten in June and sent him messages saying that we concerned he couldn't keep it up, and well, here we are: in July he's realized that yeah, he really can't. We wanted him to take a break, and there you go, he's talking it, because at this point he is wiped out and can't push himself any further.

Now he's cancelling all but the biggest gigs he has planned because he just can't go on doing show-after-show like before and needs some sleep. It was bad planning, and stupid planning, considering that people here could see it coming miles away, but, well... there it is. Let's at least be happy this happened before he actually collapsed on stage, and let's hope they solve these overbooking issues with the next tour. Or at least by next spring. (Launching into a fall tour straight from the festival season is such a bad idea.)

--Jack

he keeps adding dates in the other end, so I don't think they learned anything :boxed:

:blowup:

I'm really sorry to hear this.:boxed:

But I'm also really very worried about his health...It's not normal to be sick all the time.:shocked:

i am very sad to hear that.

i am afraid he will cancel salzburg as well. i think i am never going to see him perform.

but for whatever reason, i wish him all the best whatever he may do!

That's my fear too. But if he needs to cancel it in order to get better or just to get some rest, he better does that. As much as I want to see his show, it's still his health and well being that comes in first!

I'm really sorry to hear this.:boxed:

But I'm also really very worried about his health...It's not normal to be sick all the time.:shocked:

!

but is he really sick? i don't get it.. i mean yeah he's definitely exhausted.. can't they just let him take a break without having to lie about it..?

Yeah, it's stupid, what can I say?

I guess Mika's too stubborn to not push ahead. The way he's cancelling these one or two at a time and with so little advance notice makes me think that he thinks if he can just get a few days more rest this one time, he should be able to make it through, and then he'll be fine. And then it doesn't work out.

Or maybe he does plan to cancel a lot more gigs and rest up, but he and his management think that the "sick today" excuse only works at last minute.

But are the fall shows as close together as the June ones were? I'm hoping not. I'm also thinking that if he knows what's good for his health, he'll nix the USA-tour in September idea and take that month to rest up, which is the only way he'd be able to pull off the fall-winter tour well. He can always come to the US later.

(He should listen to me!!!!!! :giveup: )

--Jack

P.S. Exhaustion and sickness is really the same thing in this case... especially since exhaustion makes you more prone to sickness.

he keeps adding dates in the other end, so I don't think they learned anything :boxed:

:blowup:

Exactly!

Why the fåck to they do that?? It doesn't make sense!!!!

Let's at least be happy this happened before he actually collapsed on stage, and let's hope they solve these overbooking issues with the next tour. Or at least by next spring. (Launching into a fall tour straight from the festival season is such a bad idea.)

I suspect that there isn't going to be anything happening in the spring and they're cramming another tour in before the end of the year because this is it for supporting LICM.

He just did an interview and the DJ said something about this album still having legs and he's got a long way to go and Mika protested. Said he didn't want to drag it out much farther (or something to that effect...have to hear it again).

I predict he's going to take a long vacation at Christmas and start working on another project in 2008. Maybe do some local gigs and appearances here and there to let people know he's still alive, but the night after night touring will be on hold until he's got something else to peddle besides this album.

but is he really sick? i don't get it.. i mean yeah he's definitely exhausted.. can't they just let him take a break without having to lie about it..?

--Jack

P.S. Exhaustion and sickness is really the same thing in this case... especially since exhaustion makes you more prone to sickness.

Jack said it all...It's the same thing. You can easily get sick if you're exhausted. He needs to get some rest, that's all I can say.

I feel for all the fans who've been looking forward to the next few days...

So although we North Americans are on the edge of our seats and waiting with bated breath for a U.S. tour around September, you just can't be too sure anymore....