Summercase festival cancelled

Queenie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Mika sounded really unhealthy when I heard him talking an hour ago.

These festivals are going to have to come up with new excuses since Mika is running around all over the UK and Ireland making public appearances.

It's pretty hard to swallow that he's going to be too sick on 13 July when he's not sick today!

where did you hear him talk?

I suspect that there isn't going to be anything happening in the spring and they're cramming another tour in before the end of the year because this is it for supporting LICM.

He just did an interview and the DJ said something about this album still having legs and he's got a long way to go and Mika protested. Said he didn't want to drag it out much farther (or something to that effect...have to hear it again).

I predict he's going to take a long vacation at Christmas and start working on another project in 2008. Maybe do some local gigs and appearances here and there to let people know he's still alive, but the night after night touring will be on hold until he's got something else to peddle besides this album.

I hope so! Gah. He's so like a 23 year old boy.

(Say I from my vantage point of 24 years. :bleh: )

--Jack

Eh. Whatever, I'm fine with this. I mean, it still sucks for you all, but I was expecting it by now. (Didn't think he'd cancel Lyon too, though!)

He's not sick-sick, he's exhausted. Didn't we already settle this? He looked tired and was setting himself up for a crash back in May, we all noticed how crazy his schedule had gotten in June and sent him messages saying that we concerned he couldn't keep it up, and well, here we are: in July he's realized that yeah, he really can't. We wanted him to take a break, and there you go, he's taking it, because at this point he is wiped out and can't push himself any further.

Now he's cancelling all but the biggest gigs he has planned because he just can't go on doing show-after-show like before and needs some sleep. It was bad planning, and stupid planning, considering that people here could see it coming miles away, but, well... there it is. Let's at least be happy this happened before he actually collapsed on stage, and let's hope they solve these overbooking issues with the next tour. Or at least by next spring. (Launching into a fall tour straight from the festival season is such a bad idea.)

--Jack

I agree Jack, at first when I started to read this thread I was like..."Oh no those poor fans it's happened again they will be so mad" etc then I started to worry about his health again and wondering what exactly IS up with him, but then I started to think well hey, maybe he has been reading our messages on here and taken our advice and we left them on his myspace too. Then I saw your message and thought DITTO yeah I agree, so you thought it too.

It's not nice for the fans who can't get to see him and have made arrangements, I feel for them they must be gutted, but if he really needs to rest then that is what he must do, it would be worse if he kept on performing all those gigs then it drove him to some terrible breakdown, we would feel so guilty for moaning if that happened, well I certainly would anyway.

Eh. Whatever, I'm fine with this. I mean, it still sucks for you all, but I was expecting it by now. (Didn't think he'd cancel Lyon too, though!)

He's not sick-sick, he's exhausted. Didn't we already settle this? He looked tired and was setting himself up for a crash back in May, we all noticed how crazy his schedule had gotten in June and sent him messages saying that we concerned he couldn't keep it up, and well, here we are: in July he's realized that yeah, he really can't. We wanted him to take a break, and there you go, he's taking it, because at this point he is wiped out and can't push himself any further.

Now he's cancelling all but the biggest gigs he has planned because he just can't go on doing show-after-show like before and needs some sleep. It was bad planning, and stupid planning, considering that people here could see it coming miles away, but, well... there it is. Let's at least be happy this happened before he actually collapsed on stage, and let's hope they solve these overbooking issues with the next tour. Or at least by next spring. (Launching into a fall tour straight from the festival season is such a bad idea.)

--Jack

Just logging on, bumped into this thread and then into your post and I must say that I couldn't have said it better. Nothing to add.

Oh, just in case he might cancel SH on the 17th: I will have a good time in London anyway - with or without Mika. And I mean it.

Just logging on, bumped into this thread and then into your post and I must say that I couldn't have said it better. Nothing to add.

Oh, just in case he might cancel SH on the 17th: I will have a good time in London, with or without Mika. And I mean it.

I really doubt he'd cancel that. He did talk about it on the radio today aswell so I think SH is pretty safe at the moment.

I think you are right Jennie. Well, what I tried to say is that I will not be too disappointed IF... (maybe I expressed myself in a confusing way :biggrin2:).

47 MFC-ers in costumes in the middle of London... I'm sure we'd find another way of amusing ourselves if it was cancelled :wink2:

Isn't it ok to be sad about the cancellings, but still want Mika to slow down? It still sucks for the ppl who wanted to go.

:blink:

it sure is okay!! we all want to see him but we also all want him to be healthy. unfortunately the 2 can't always work together...

What can I say?

I hope he gets well, sure, but I think he needed a rest BEFORE last weekend (Ireland and Scotland). I don't have a ticket to summercase, it was too expensive for me, but I'm SO sad for Queenie (OMG you don't know how I feel this), Teremola and other people who were going to go to summercase. But I can't understand (or maybe I can understand so well) why they don't cancel the UK gigs but cancel in europe. If Mika needs a rest, come on, then they have to cancel all gigs for two weeks since he has a pain in his ear (or a pneumonia or whatever you want). This plan is crazy. I'm not saying it's his fault, I ADORE him as you do, I want him to get well, but this is not the way (just my opinion, don't bite me!)

(Mi chamán, cómo lo siento, ya lo sabes. Ãnimo. Empanada, menuda guarrada, he de decir, lo siento mucho).

it sure is okay!! we all want to see him but we also all want him to be healthy. unfortunately the 2 can't always work together...

I totally agree! And the fact that sometimes we can'thave both of these things is indeed a problem!

I really hope that Mika won't ruin his health at this early stage of his career!!

where did you hear him talk?

Capital FM. He gave an interview this afternoon. I think Sherry has recorded it. Hopefully she or the radio station will have it up tomorrow.

I almost forgot he mentioned that part about not carrying on much longer with LICM and I'd like to listen to it again.

Summercase Forum

Sentimos informar que, por motivos de salud, Mika se ha visto obligado a suspender sus actuaciones en Summercase 07 previstas para el viernes 13 de julio en Barcelona y para el día 14 en Madrid. Por dicho motivo, la actuación de Astrud en la Terminal S dará comienzo a las 00.00 h.

Disculpad las molestias.

I don´t have the strenght to translate it...sorry...

:huglove:

I'm very sorry, my dear...I know your fellings....

Hey Guys I realise it is **** for you but aren't we the ones who tell him to cancel everything till he is well again??

I know at first hand what it is like to be ok one day then not for the next two weeks then ok then not!

I also suffer with ear infections and they really hurt and tire you out! To repeat again you can't fly with ear problems! You can burst your eardrum and be left deaf-yes its that serious!!

Yep I too blame his management working him too hard but then it is up to MIKA to stand up for himself- like he tells us he wants things on his terms! so maybey that is what he is doing!

All I can say is get better soon MIKA! and alcohol is ok with antibiotics if you don't go on a bender! trust me you'll be fine aslong as you don't take them with a cup of tea-not to be taken with hot liquids?!!!

xx

--Jack

well said, i agree, but like someone else said, they keep adding dates.

his management is outrageous. Mika is NOT Superman!

:huglove: I'm sooooo sorry, sister dear:huglove: , I know better than aybody how you felt about this weekend, but don't be sad, if he gets enough rest these days (PLEASE, LET HIM REST!!), he'll be healthy and happy in no time.

I've been worried about him for months, it's only natural that he's vulnerable to infections when he's exahusted as he is. I don't mind if he has to cancel every show from today to next year, if it's for his sake. What freaks me out is the gigs in the UK:shocked: Is he or isn't he ill? If the problem isthe flight, okay. However, I don't think they're doing the right thing, anouncing he's seriously ill one day, playing a brilliant show the next. Why can't they be honest to us and tell the truth, that is, he's soooo tired he needs a rest? Nobody's gonna complaint, not his fans anyway.