Katy Perry

Ioana

70dfeab3cf102f113f24e71d308f0d2a.jpg

Katy Perry:

'Perez Hilton is a Pop Pappa'

By Adam, March 4 2009

Katy Perry has heaped praise on gossip blogger Perez Hilton - branding him a "pop pappa".

The singer - who shot to fame with 2008 hit single I Kissed a Girl - credits Hilton with bringing her music into the mainstream.

She tells Britain's More! magazine, "He's very nice to me. I think he understands me. You know he's a big fan of Mika's? That's how he discovered me.

"He really helped me last year because he went to a Mika show that I opened at this little venue in LA, and he really enjoyed it.

"So he introduced me to a lot of internet pop icons and so much has happened since then.

"He's like a pop pappa, and he knows I try an keep it about the music and try to give people their money's worth with my tours."

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/182683/katy-perry-perez-hilton-is-a-pop-pappa

Maybe I'm a bit naive but it makes me always glad to hear that those people in the celebrity world are nice and friendly to each other.

And very much so for the ones I appreciate for their music!:thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ingie you were in such a good position to take pics you could have sold to tabloids :glasses2:

p.s I hate that Melkweg stage,it's so uncomfortably high

I'm not one for the easy bucks...*cough*

Ps. Me too, I had to stand on my toes all the time because I'm so absurdly short:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah it was thrown on stage by the girl who got the guitar:thumb_yello:

That girl was being really bitchy before the gig started.. I don't think she deserved the guitar.. She was really pushing everybody a lot.:sneaky2:

I was at her gig in the melkweg, it was amazing put I everybody was pushing a lot :|

That girl was being really bitchy before the gig started.. I don't think she deserved the guitar.. She was really pushing everybody a lot.:sneaky2:

I didn't experience a lot of pushing tbh. But yeah, always the people who deserve it the least get the good stuff:mf_rosetinted:

I'm not one for the easy bucks...*cough*

Ps. Me too, I had to stand on my toes all the time because I'm so absurdly short:mf_rosetinted:

i had my elbows on the stage but at one point my shoulders started to hurt

good thing at the sara gig tho was that there was no pushing and i had my own little stage,so it was comfy

i had my elbows on the stage but at one point my shoulders started to hurt

good thing at the sara gig tho was that there was no pushing and i had my own little stage,so it was comfy

Yeah well KP was rather packed (the room, not Katy herself) so although I didn't experience any pushing apart from in the beginning and during the stage dive. But my right foot complained:mf_rosetinted:

Hello,

I had my first Katy experience on the 27th in Koko, so here's some vids;

They are not very good, but I tried :naughty: And I mainly only taped her slower songs because I was having too much fun during the rest,lol

Thinking of You;

I'm Still Breathing;

I think I'm Ready;

Hokey Pokey/Cokey and chatter;

Anyway...Katy:wub2:

She really sounds a lot better really live than any youtube video though.

I was really impressed, she has a great voice.

Hokey-Pokey

"Inspired" by Mika?:cool:

I think in 5 years' time music critics will realise how much Mika's impact was on pop music and will mark his arrival as the start of a new era.

Don't stop me now

It is quite good, actually. When I first read here that she sang that song, I thought it'd be horrible, but she is good. She is not trying so sing exactly the same melody but adjust it to what her voice is capable of at that moment... also the was Freddie changed songs with high notes when he sang live.

Well done:thumb_yello:

Hokey-Pokey

"Inspired" by Mika?:cool:

I think in 5 years' time music critics will realise how much Mika's impact was on pop music and will mark his arrival as the start of a new era.

may i ask in what is it inspired by Mika ? just a question.

On a different note, here the first couple of vids that I got at the Koko gig. I was very far to the back, so they are not fantastic, but they are alright.

Make sure you click on the HD link though to watch them in widescreen!!

Lost:

Mannequin:

Ur So Gay:

And the rest coming soon :wink2:

i guess i might be blind then :shocked:

no seriously, it was a real question, though...

I honestly have no clue- :blink: I can't see the influence myself, so I don't know.

Anyway- here all the vids I took at the Friday Koko gig. As I said before, they are taken from quite far :thumbdown: but hey!

Make sure you click on the HD link though to watch them in widescreen!!

Lost:

Mannequin:

Ur So Gay:

I'm Still Breathing:

If You Can Afford Me:

I think I'm Ready (loooooooooooooove that song!!):

I Kissed A Girl (including crowd surfing moment):

That's all of them. As I was so far I didn't take all the songs. Oh and if you wouldn't mind commenting and rating them? :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

So I should have realised this was coming...

KP is playing Tokyo on May 29 and guess what...

she is playing MTV Video Music Awards Japan (VMAJ) on May 30. Wonder if I can swing a ticket like I did for Mika in 2007....good Mika memories that gig!!:wub2:

So I should have realised this was coming...

KP is playing Tokyo on May 29 and guess what...

she is playing MTV Video Music Awards Japan (VMAJ) on May 30. Wonder if I can swing a ticket like I did for Mika in 2007....good Mika memories that gig!!:wub2:

*fingers crossed*