Katy Perry

Ioana

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmm he has been a massive player in the past , shes a stunning talented girl , I hope he settles down :thumb_yello:

I know what you mean. He is not well known in my country but I've read his book and seen him a lot on the net! Interviews and stand-up shows and stuff!

He is funny and very talented but I didn't like what he did to Andrew Sachs, that was low!:sneaky2:

Oh no you're not the only one

she could do wayyy better than him

:dunno: You'd think! But seeing her track record, with the loser that she was with before and now with this guy...I have kinda lost hope tbh.

In any case, I wish them all the best and I hope that they are very happy together, but IMO getting engaged when you've known someone only for 3.5 months is really silly. Quite frankly, you just don't know the person well enough to know if you want to spend the rest of your life (or a significant chunk of it :naughty:) with them.

I think that until (at the very least) 10-12 months into a new relationship, people don't start really showing their real faces and all their flaws :boxed:.

I've been in really "intense" relationships of the "spend all your day and night together" type where it took many months to actually see the other person for what they really were...

:dunno:

maybe they are just making a point that they are serious about it..

It's not that they ran out to Las Vegas and got married there...

As for Russel, I also had a rather low opinion on him partly fuelled by the Andrew Sachs story and partly by my friends' comments on him a couple of years ago but what do I know? I hope they'll be happy together ..

That way people can stop b*tching about her and Mika being an item. :roftl:

They're not?:shocked:

I'm very happy for them :wub2:

By the way, is KP releasing something new soon? :D

Yah she's recording, probs somewhere in the end of the year:biggrin2:

Yay!!! Yes, Greg talked about her so i thought she was doing something :)

When did ya talk to Greg:mf_rosetinted:

Anyways, on KPF, she posted that first sessions went really well so yah and can't wait!

Ive heard so much about that book , I may just read it :thumb_yello:

Yeah I might GET IT FROM THE LIBRARY (sorry, new year's resolution is annoying me right now)

I too hope they're happy, but share Sariflor's doubts. If the love of a good woman really can tame Russell Brand, I'll be amazed- sad, but true

Yeah I might GET IT FROM THE LIBRARY (sorry, new year's resolution is annoying me right now)

I too hope they're happy, but share Sariflor's doubts. If the love of a good woman really can tame Russell Brand, I'll be amazed- sad, but true

What are your resolution, to not buy books and only get them from the library?:wink2: If so, why?

And yes I agree with Sariflors doubts too, but so many marriages and engagements amongst famous people does have a bad ending so I don't have great expectations that it will last!:blink:

• 4 months later...
Katy Perry performing her new single 'California Gurls' live for the first time:wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2Xty6nM7Q&feature=player_embedded

Her outfit is rockin':punk:

That sounds like a great summer hit!:thumb_yello:

...actually, the melody the synth plays reminds me of Calvin Harris's I'm Not Alone... ..:naughty:...although that one also reminded me of another song but I still haven't figured out what it was ..:teehee:..

PS: I have just checked wiki. Her new album is titled Teenage Dream...(:blink:)

Edited by suzie

It sounds more like that Kesha song *cough* :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah right :naughty:

yes, exactly, well spotted!:naughty: but the Calvin Harris song was first...:teehee:

Edit: just checked: same people produced Tik Tok and California Gurls...

how surprising :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by suzie

Don't we all:naughty:

Hmm, no, not at all :roftl:.

I really don't wanna sound rude or ackward, but I don't understand the fascination that some people have with California.

Maybe it's cause of my Mediterranean origin, and the fact that I've seen pretty amazing beaches/coastal areas in other places, but I find the whole California thing waaaaaaaaay overhyped. Overrated at the very best.

I wasn't majorly impressed with LA, to me it was just like another coastal town, and more on the ugly side than anything else. I know that it has nice areas, but really, I don't think that it can even begin to be compared with truly beautiful places like some of the Greek Islands, etc... :wub2:

To me, the whole 'California image' thing is a bit like many of these North American stereotypes, that come from some funny sense of patriotism/exclusivity and then others follow suit. I genuinely, honestly, think that there are plenty of other places (and I have seen a fair few of them myself) that beat California hands down.

I don't want to upset anyone with this, but it's something that bugged me for ages and this seemed like the right moment to bring it out :lmao:

As for the song....I love Katy, I really do, but this song is leaving me incredibly underwhelmed. I think that it's really crap, to be honest. I don't like the way she does the aaahs and ooohs, and the whole thing is just really not great, IMHO.

I much prefered her past stuff. Even the more commercial of the singles, which I didn't like as much, like I Kissed A Girl for example, I prefer to this one :blink:.

I hope that the record is better.

I think the most awkward thing about this song is that it has a totally European dance beat so the last thing that comes to your mind is California... :naughty:

It should be titled Ibiza party girls. :mf_rosetinted:

...but it will be a huge dance hit for sure - across Europe at least.

I think the most awkward thing about this song is that it has a totally European dance beat so the last thing that comes to your mind is California... :naughty:

...but it will be a huge dance hit for sure - across Europe at least.

:lmfao:

Ibiza party gurls :roftl:

As I said: unimpressed. I really hope that the record will be a lot better, tbh.

I was watching her Long Shot video the other night, and I :wub2: it sooo much. That was so great.

I want more of that. Not this overproduced, soulless rubbish.

I'm with Sara .

I like her old stuff too and even IKAG which isn't my favorite beats this one .

California girls sounds like other 100 songs I've heard before :boxed:

My favorite song is Simple and the video is awesome too

That sounds like a great summer hit!:thumb_yello:

...actually, the melody the synth plays reminds me of Calvin Harris's I'm Not Alone... ..:naughty:...although that one also reminded me of another song but I still haven't figured out what it was ..:teehee:..

PS: I have just checked wiki. Her new album is titled Teenage Dream...(:blink:)

yeah, I posted that about a week ago.. in another thread. :aah:

Yes!! :roftl:

California girls sounds like other 100 songs I've heard before :boxed:

Why does every flippin song that has been released in the past year have exactly the same formula??? From the most crap singer to traditional singer/songwriters to the 90s divas - they all use Auto Tune, some old rehashed beat (from Ibiza circa 2000, yes!) and some guy rapping nonsense in the middle.

COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW ALREADY!!! :aah: :aah: :aah:

Agreed. Underwhelmed with the new single. Stoopid lyrics and awful electro stuff...but I can see is aiming for a market that doesn't include my demographic:teehee:

But I do love that bra she is wearing and the blue hair.:wub2: