Katy Perry

Ioana

it's finally confirmed that she'll be in istanbul on july :punk:

now i need to convince a friend to come with me!

katyperryposter.jpg

:D

Edited by dilek

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw her at her Montreal gig in front of 2 200 ppl :punk:

She was crazy, sexy, cool :mf_lustslow:

I joined the queue around 4:15 and there was already a lot of teens OMG!!! Sunshine and Claudine joined me back later and we manage to get 5th maybe 6th row center, not bad. There was a bit of pushing but nothing like at the Kool Haus!

I took some pics that I'll upload later on myspace and 2 vids:

Ur so gay:

Don't stop me now (Queen cover):

We waited for her at the end of the show but we weren't alone and it was pushy :thumbdown: Sunshine is the only one who managed to get her album signed but no pic no chat :(

Edited by Cassiopée

Let me present you with a treat today. Now that I have a bit more time, I digged this up for you:

Brian May's comments on Katy from his diary (Soapbox):

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Sun 28 Sep 08**

KATY PERRY [Katy Perry is citing Freddie as a big influence to her music.... see QUEEN NEWS.]

I knew I had a reason to love this girl !

Cheers

Bri © brianmay.com

(See Copyright Note)

... and this is the article he is referring to:

DAILY STAR

26th September 2008

KATY Perry says she is indebted to British rock ’n’ roll royalty for helping realise her musical dream. The Californian gal soaked up the UK’s rich musical heritage before making her debut album.

Katy told me: “The UK takes music to the next level. Freddie Mercury from Queen was – and remains – my biggest influence. The combination of his sarcastic approach to writing lyrics and his ‘I don’t give a f***’ attitude really inspired my music.”

Female pop stars are dominating charts all over the world and Katy, 23, reckons it is all down to feisty British girls.

She said: “I think there’s a healthy dose of oestrogen in the world today. Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen have definitely helped with that. They have introduced America to great music.”

Katy recorded much of her album One Of The Boys in Surrey with Eurythmics star Dave Stewart, 56. She revealed: “We both have crazy minds. I love being around him because he always has an idea on the go and so many stories. I shut up in his presence.”

And 39-year-old Cathy Dennis, the woman behind Kylie Minogue’s monumental Can’t Get You Out Of My Head. was another major influence – on her tastebuds at least. Katy explained: “Cathy introduced me to PG Tips tea and now I’m addicted. I drink it all day long.”

Despite her love of all things British, Katy has ruled out working with pal Mika, 25. She added: “I love Mika but it would be too much if we hooked up. It would become a circus.”

One Of The Boys is out now.

© brianmay.com

Saw her at her Montreal gig in front of 2 200 ppl :punk:

Ur so gay:

We waited for her at the end of the show but we weren't alone and it was pushy :thumbdown: Sunshine is the only one who managed to get her album signed but no pic no chat :(

I'm glad you enjoyed her and I'd probably go to see her, but I was really disappointed with the video. Was she wasted?

Let me present you with a treat today. Now that I have a bit more time, I digged this up for you:

Brian May's comments on Katy from his diary (Soapbox):

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Sun 28 Sep 08**

KATY PERRY [Katy Perry is citing Freddie as a big influence to her music.... see QUEEN NEWS.]

I knew I had a reason to love this girl !

Cheers

Bri © brianmay.com

(See Copyright Note)

... and this is the article he is referring to:

DAILY STAR

26th September 2008

KATY Perry says she is indebted to British rock ’n’ roll royalty for helping realise her musical dream. The Californian gal soaked up the UK’s rich musical heritage before making her debut album.

Katy told me: “The UK takes music to the next level. Freddie Mercury from Queen was – and remains – my biggest influence. The combination of his sarcastic approach to writing lyrics and his ‘I don’t give a f***’ attitude really inspired my music.”

Female pop stars are dominating charts all over the world and Katy, 23, reckons it is all down to feisty British girls.

She said: “I think there’s a healthy dose of oestrogen in the world today. Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen have definitely helped with that. They have introduced America to great music.”

Katy recorded much of her album One Of The Boys in Surrey with Eurythmics star Dave Stewart, 56. She revealed: “We both have crazy minds. I love being around him because he always has an idea on the go and so many stories. I shut up in his presence.”

And 39-year-old Cathy Dennis, the woman behind Kylie Minogue’s monumental Can’t Get You Out Of My Head. was another major influence – on her tastebuds at least. Katy explained: “Cathy introduced me to PG Tips tea and now I’m addicted. I drink it all day long.”

Despite her love of all things British, Katy has ruled out working with pal Mika, 25. She added: “I love Mika but it would be too much if we hooked up. It would become a circus.”

One Of The Boys is out now.

© brianmay.com

that`s for sure :roftl:

why most of the artists i like never come here?! :sad:

I'm glad you enjoyed her and I'd probably go to see her, but I was really disappointed with the video. Was she wasted?

she's not wasted on stage, just extremely excited and willing to entertain and sometimes it goes over the vocal performance. i don't really know what you're talking about precisely, though, did it show something particular in the video that could lead to this thought ?

At someone's request.......... :naughty:

I just saw Katy perform on the 8th in NYC. I was SOOOSOSososo impressed by her talent. Truly. She really knows how to command the stage and work the crowd. She's entertaining, energetic, hilarious -- a true performer born to be in the spotlight. And I love her unabashed dance moves and quick wit :thumb_yello: Not to mention the fact that her outfits are always such a treat! I have to commend her for rocking flats during most of her performances now. I just adore that.

2887_179625865713_721015713_6594347_3727268_n.jpg

(picture taken by my friend)

At someone's request.......... :naughty:

I just saw Katy perform on the 8th in NYC. I was SOOOSOSososo impressed by her talent. Truly. She really knows how to command the stage and work the crowd. She's entertaining, energetic, hilarious -- a true performer born to be in the spotlight. And I love her unabashed dance moves and quick wit :thumb_yello: Not to mention the fact that her outfits are always such a treat! I have to commend her for rocking flats during most of her performances now. I just adore that.

2887_179625865713_721015713_6594347_3727268_n.jpg

(picture taken by my friend)

Hello!

thanks for your report,i'm happy you had great time to her gig!

and for te pic,i have no word...:wub2:

is he/she a professionnal?

I LOVE IT. THIS is the best remix yet original thing you will hear in the next... long time... me thinks... it was already my favorite kp song 2 years ago, now it's my favorite remix of a song. sort of ever. i extremely barely like remixes of any songs. i like this one. and the video is good too !

TRY IT.

LIKE IT.

I LOVE IT. THIS is the best remix yet original thing you will hear in the next... long time... me thinks... it was already my favorite kp song 2 years ago, now it's my favorite remix of a song. sort of ever. i extremely barely like remixes of any songs. i like this one. and the video is good too !

TRY IT.

LIKE IT.

:mf_lustslow:

that`s really gooodd!!!! :punk:

i`m not into remixes that much but this is really good! thanks for posting it ^^

• 2 months later...

...just a simple question:does anyone know when Katy added Mika to follow on Twitter?

I think he was not there 'before', I mean a couple of months or so...

I could be wrong though...:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl (T In The Park Festival 2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOjpmndTf8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOjpmndTf8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOjpmndTf8

Edited by A. Clay

:mf_lustslow: Ooooh do tell!! What was that about? Details!!!

ooh sorry, didn't see this:roftl:

Weell, I was supposed to go to the Cologne gig but couldn't make it. But one of my friends did go and I sent her a text for Katy. So at the end of the night she went backstage but that was all I knew. Then at 1 AM my phone rang and I picked it up and I said: hullo and then I heard a familiar voice saying: Hey Ingie! Wake up it's Katy!

And I almost died but I kept my cool:roftl:

It was only 55 seconds but she said she missed me there and stuff and that she would see me soon and she apologised 3 times for waking me up:roftl: And I knew many of my friends would be there from the KPF so I told her to hug them all for me and she said: Yeah, I already did...they kissed me and licked me like cats do.

And then she said Goodnight Ingie! and that was my phone convo with Katy Perry:roftl:

ooh sorry, didn't see this:roftl:

Weell, I was supposed to go to the Cologne gig but couldn't make it. But one of my friends did go and I sent her a text for Katy. So at the end of the night she went backstage but that was all I knew. Then at 1 AM my phone rang and I picked it up and I said: hullo and then I heard a familiar voice saying: Hey Ingie! Wake up it's Katy!

And I almost died but I kept my cool:roftl:

It was only 55 seconds but she said she missed me there and stuff and that she would see me soon and she apologised 3 times for waking me up:roftl: And I knew many of my friends would be there from the KPF so I told her to hug them all for me and she said: Yeah, I already did...they kissed me and licked me like cats do.

And then she said Goodnight Ingie! and that was my phone convo with Katy Perry:roftl:

Oh wow, that 's a fabulous story!! How cool :biggrin2: I'm really happy for you :wub2: She's so down to earth and 'normal', isn't she?