Katy Perry

Ioana

the logic is quite easy. either you're a sell-out from the get-go,or not and you become one. i was being specific in Katy's case. have you heard her early stuff? more honest and authentic. even "one of the boys" as an album is authentic. she got high,she doesn't wanna go low. thus "all sorts of means" to stay there. you lose priorities and suddenly the status outweighs the music.

I actually understood what you meant but disagreed with it (the fact that she has no other option). :wink2:

Well, songs like I Kissed A Girl were certainly not that deep either.

I never said they were… :teehee:

I found another song from the new album on YT : Look Don’t Touch (:blink:)

have you heard her early stuff? more honest and authentic. even "one of the boys" as an album is authentic. she got high,she doesn't wanna go low.

Of course I heard her previous stuff. That is why I am kind of upset – I would never post similar things on a Britney Spears thread, for example, as I wouldn’t expect any intellectual input from her on her own album. I never considered Katy very authentic but I think there was definitely something about her from the beginning that seems to have disappeared now :sad:.

Under normal circumstances you’d expect an artist to progress from a lightweight pop star to a more meaningful one, whilst with Katy, she started out singing Christian songs, later on she was to be launched with Alanis Morrisette type of songs, then became the brainy version of Avril Lavigne before launching herself as sexy Lolita with catchy pop songs while now she is back with beach house music :blink:

On a personal level, I understand she is not taking chances but I lost interest in her, to be honest. As far as I remember, it was the Timberland song that meant the end for me... :emot-sad:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well,how do I start?

My name is Ioana and I am hooked on her songs :lol3:

I was looking thru Myspace,got to her and the Ur so Gay that was playing got my attention

You guys know her?

Yeah i know her and shes a really good singer but what has she got to do with mika:teehee: :sneaky2: xxxx

Look don't touch sounds like an old song and the lyrics are so pointless

yes, there is a sample in it for sure - haven't figured out what it is...

Plus the chorus has this cheerleader style like in Toni Basil's Hey Mickey or Avryl Lavigne's Girlfriend.

So I can't say I am impressed... :cool:

Of course I heard her previous stuff. That is why I am kind of upset – I would never post similar things on a Britney Spears thread, for example, as I wouldn’t expect any intellectual input from her on her own album. I never considered Katy very authentic but I think there was definitely something about her from the beginning that seems to have disappeared now :sad:.

Under normal circumstances you’d expect an artist to progress from a lightweight pop star to a more meaningful one, whilst with Katy, she started out singing Christian songs, later on she was to be launched with Alanis Morrisette type of songs, then became the brainy version of Avril Lavigne before launching herself as sexy Lolita with catchy pop songs while now she is back with beach house music :blink:

On a personal level, I understand she is not taking chances but I lost interest in her, to be honest. As far as I remember, it was the Timberland song that meant the end for me... :emot-sad:

i didn't say she doesn't have another option,just that she chose this because she doesn't want the other option.

I lost interest in her a while back...the Timberland thing was just one of the unsurprising steps into involution.

the christian to rock to cheese thing is probably what happens to people who aren't aware of themselves very well from an early age. at 16 you can't pretend to know what preferences might change but the fact that she went from pretty clever lyrics in "ur so gay" to .... what was it? .... "daisy dukes with bikinis on top",well that's just sad.

so you grow up,what once was holy and "i would never!!!" becomes "oh let's tweet about jerk off material". fame and attention and the smell of self importance will change people in all possible ways. i suppose she just didn't have a strong set of "unchangables" and ended up with mass produced songs.

I started this thread,but at this point I'm not a fan anymore

Yeah i know her and shes a really good singer but what has she got to do with mika:teehee: :sneaky2: xxxx

when i posted this,3 years ago,there was a pretty clear connection. ...depends when you joined the forum :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who do you think Ur So Gay is about? I saw the release party video where, at the beginning of the song, Katy yells, "I know you can hear me Travis!". As you know, Travie/Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes was an on-and-off boyfriend of hers. If it's about him, this was probably written during an "off" period. The guy in the song is a vegetarian. Travie McCoy is a vegetarian. Now, I don't know much about Travis, so I really can't make a lot of connections between him and the guy in the song. But I do think it's unlikely that she would have two boyfriends who were both named Travis and were both vegetarians.:naughty: Discuss plz.

Edited by Kianna

Who do you think Ur So Gay is about? I saw the release party video where, at the beginning of the song, Katy yells, "I know you can hear me Travis!". As you know, Travie/Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes was an on-and-off boyfriend of hers. If it's about him, this was probably written during an "off" period. The guy in the song is a vegetarian. Travie McCoy is a vegetarian. Now, I don't know much about Travis, so I really can't make a lot of connections between him and the guy in the song. But I do think it's unlikely that she would have two boyfriends who were both named Travis and were both vegetarians.:naughty: Discuss plz.

OMG. i would love it if that were true!!! :roftl: it's possible... :teehee:

I loved Katy before she was famous....when added her on my-space a few years back...before her album came out......Being so popular that she is now and she has changed alot!. ...I've lost interest in her sad to say.

That icky russell brand thing she's going out with......:puking:.....and her new song california gurls sucks ass....hate snoop dog too......:annoyed_h4h:

oh so the Mika theory disappeared? gosh golly...the shame!

oh so the Mika theory disappeared? gosh golly...the shame!

So funny you say that.:teehee: I saw that thread, and really don't think the song is about Mika. There wasn't anything between him and Katy, and most of the lyrics of the song don't apply to him. He's not a vegetarian. He doesn't drive. As far as we know, he doesn't wear make-up. And like some people on there said, he likes LA. He's not "sad". And the "I know you can hear me, Travis!" thing. So I snooped around a little bit to make a guess at who it was really about.:thumb_yello:

Edited by Kianna

So funny you say that.:teehee: I saw that thread, and really don't think the song is about Mika. There wasn't anything between him and Katy, and most of the lyrics of the song don't apply to him. He's not a vegetarian. He doesn't drive. As far as we know, he doesn't wear make-up. And like some people on there said, he likes LA. He's not "sad". And the "I know you can hear me, Travis!" thing. So I snooped around a little bit to make a guess at who it was really about.:thumb_yello:

I've thought the song was about Mika ever since I heard it :lmfao:

I still love Katy a lot:wub2:

Me too. :blush-anim-cl:

:floor: Poor Mika!!! :lmfao:

Why?? :aah:

I hope you hang yourself with your h&m scarf.

while jacking (?) off listening to Mozart

you b*tch and moan about L.A

wishing you were in the way heading hemingway

you don't eat meat and drive electrical cars

you're so indie rock (?) it's almost at heart (?)

you need SPF 45 .. just to stay alive

ur so gay, and you don't even like boys..

no you don't even like

no you don't even like

no you don't even like boys

you're so sad maybe you should buy a happy meal

you're so skinny, you should really super-size the deal

secretly, you're so amused that nobody understands you..

I'm so mean cos' I cannot get you outta' (my/your??) head

I'm so angry cos' you'd rather myspace instead,

I can't believe i fell in love with someone that wears boy make-up.. and..

Ur so gay, and you don't even like boys...

you walk around like you're oh so, debonair

-------------------------------------------

I wish you would just be.. real with me ( :lmfao: )

Okay, so the lyrics fit Mika... somewhat.. they did chat on myspace, he is thin, he "says he's a vegetarian" (lying...)

he did used to be somewhat sad

Katy Perry said somewhere that electrical cars wasn't really what the guy drove, it just sounded right with the song.. :aah:

he did used to listen to Classical music.. :naughty:

they whole not liking guys part, I can't answer, since he has said he could fall in love with anyone, but ..... Katy didn't have to know that. :roftl:

The videos nice. :mf_rosetinted:

I think they'd make a nice couple.. :fisch:

Edited by toy_girl_mika96

I hope you hang yourself with your h&m scarf.

while jacking (?) off listening to Mozart

you b*tch and moan about L.A

wishing you were in the way heading hemingway

you don't eat meat and drive electrical cars

you're so indie rock (?) it's almost at heart (?)

you need SPF 45 .. just to stay alive

ur so gay, and you don't even like boys..

no you don't even like

no you don't even like

no you don't even like boys

you're so sad maybe you should buy a happy meal

you're so skinny, you should really super-size the deal

secretly, you're so amused that nobody understands you..

I'm so mean cos' I cannot get you outta' (my/your??) head

I'm so angry cos' you'd rather myspace instead,

I can't believe i fell in love with someone that wears boy make-up.. and..

Ur so gay, and you don't even like boys...

you walk around like you're oh so, debonair

-------------------------------------------

I wish you would just be.. real with me ( :lmfao: )

Okay, so the lyrics fit Mika... somewhat.. they did chat on myspace, he is thin, he "says he's a vegetarian" (lying...)

he did used to be somewhat sad

Katy Perry said somewhere that electrical cars wasn't really what the guy drove, it just sounded right with the song.. :aah:

he did used to listen to Classical music.. :naughty:

they whole not liking guys part, I can't answer, since he has said he could fall in love with anyone, but ..... Katy didn't have to know that. :roftl:

The videos nice. :mf_rosetinted:

I think they'd make a nice couple.. :fisch:

Wishing you were in the rain reading Hemingway

You don't eat meat

And drive electrical cars

You're so indie rock it's almost an art

I'm so mean cause I cannot get you outta your head

:teehee:

I still prefer to think it was about her ex :aah: although i think this may have crossed my mind at some point :teehee:

There's a video?!?! :shocked:

I suppose :glasses2:Me and Mika would be better

Wishing you were in the rain reading Hemingway

You don't eat meat

And drive electrical cars

You're so indie rock it's almost an art

I'm so mean cause I cannot get you outta your head

I still prefer to think it was about her ex :aah: although i think this may have crossed my mind at some point :teehee:

There's a video?!?! :shocked:

I suppose :glasses2:Me and Mika would be better

I've just realised :

You pull em down and

There's really nothing there

:lmfao:

:lmfao: that's the part I have

------------------------

:naughty:

yep,