OMM!! he did what????

dont turn away now, but that title has nothing to do with this thread:bleh:

i dont know if im wasting my time, but i was wondering if any1 was interested in a book club type thing?

im a 16yr old who loves to read adult scifi and fiction novels and ive never had to talk to except my aunt. since im constantly doing things out of the ordinary, im never able to talk to any1 and thats why i love you guys:mf_lustslow: !!! i was kinda hoping for a place where i, and other people like me,could talk about the books we,ve read or just chat about whatever(thats what all threads seem to turn into:bleh: )

i dont know if this is a good idea, so could you let me know what you think:biggrin2: ??

if you like it then i'll start off as Bookworm #1. if not then i guess this thread will die with the rest of the others to be forgotten forever:thumbdown: .

i'll check in later and see where this is going.

Bookworm #2 Hunnyangle

Bookworm #3 CazGirl

Bookworm #4 Ju. Thulc-girl

Bookworm #5 Hannah

Bookworm #6 Droopsy

Bookworm #7 Mad about mika-89

Bookworm #8 Skimbletapps

Bookworm #9 soon-to-bemrs. penniman

Bookworm #10 RAK1

Bookworm #11 elizabethlovesmika

Bookworm #12 Mirtilla

Bookworm #13 EnFa

Bookworm #14 Mikafish

Bookworm #15 sesil17aa

Bookworm #16 Bttrflykisses88

Bookworm #17 juley

Bookworm #18 orangepag

Bookworm #19 Mandilambi

Bookworm #20 CartoonKellyGreen

Bookworm #21 esperia75

Bookworm #22 sara zamuone Oz

Bookworm #23 Mikaluvr

Bookworm #24 Nico Collard

Bookworm #25 Celesteee

Bookworm #26 Imen

Bookworm #27 Sonjalovestoday

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha i'll admit, your title intrigued me lol!

I like books. I'll get the obvious out the way now...

Harry Potter.

I also read The Wind Singer trilogy by Nicholas someone...The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella are AMAZING, they're really funny. I also read Memoirs of a Geisha which I thoroughly enjoyed and I've read "Sushi for Beginners" by Marianne Keynes which was also very good...I'm halfway through reading her novel "Anybody out there?" but its going very slowly coz im always on here :naughty:

I love to read, too. I mainly read YA fiction/romance. I'm crazy about some romance novels (not the dirty ones :naughty:).

I also read Harry Potter, and fantasies like Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. :)

ooohh that's a cool idea! i don't have much time to read with college though.. But i'd love to be a 'sometimes active, sometimes passive' member:naughty:

i just bought three books:)

I loves me some Harry Potter. But that's the only fanstasy novels I read. Other than HP, I really don't like fantasy.

I don't really have one specific genre, I don't think. I do love YA novels. Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure. :biggrin2: I love books that get you thinking too, like Life of Pi, What Happened to Lani Garver, and I Am the Messenger. I'm also a huge fan of classics like To Kill a Mockingbird, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and In Cold Blood.

I'm also really starting to get into books that musicals have been based off of, such as Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, Ragtime, The Color Purple, and I've just started reading Les Miserables.

This sounds like agreat idea.

Ilike Sci Fi books too. I love all the classics like H G Wells, Issac Azimov and Phillip K Dick (Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep was a better book, not taking anything away from Blade Runner, but the book makes you think more).

I love Stephen King, and I've got so far behind on his books it's not funny.

Count me in, it might get me back to reading.

Great idea!!:thumb_yello: few years ago i was looking for a sort of book club in Milano, a group to join in and to talk about books i was reading to..but found nothing..so i'm very happy for this thread!

But please, could you change the title? so anyone interested can join here!:biggrin2:

I'm not that into sci-fi..i love reading Anne Rice's novels (The Vampires Chronicles above all) and all those gothics stuff. I also love Nick Hornby (he's a genius!), John Grisham, Sophie Kinsella (she's sooo funny!!) and the classics like Pride and Prejudice...oh and i love Shakespeare's works!

I haven't read anything about Harry Potter, only watched the movies (which i love!), but i should start soon or later cause there are so many details that are missing in the movies..

this is a good idea!:biggrin2:

too bad im too lazy to read in the summer!:wink2:

your lucky!! i have to read 4:shocked: books for school over the summer, im typing my essay on another window right now. each of the books are biographys, which i hate and one of them has 645 pages. another with 350 pages is written in old english!! i only got a month of summer left andi still have to start a 20pg journal and read the 2 books i just told you about!!!

btw, i got all of your names on the list, did i mess anything up?

your lucky!! i have to read 4:shocked: books for school over the summer, im typing my essay on another window right now. each of the books are biographys, which i hate and one of them has 645 pages. another with 350 pages is written in old english!! i only got a month of summer left andi still have to start a 20pg journal and read the 2 books i just told you about!!!

OH! i have to read the summer too! haha i just forgot! i have to read fountain head....

haha i guess u can add me even tho i never read!!!! heheheh:naughty:

I'm a total book worm, don't even want to think about how much I spend on books!

Big Grisham fan, Harry Potter, Kelley Armstrong, James Patterson...loads really!

Totally love the idea of a book club! Count me in!

I was more loyal bookworm when I was younger :bleh: . Still I like reading, I've read Enid Blyton when I was little (the mystery books, mmm:blush-anim-cl: ), Oscar Wilde (cried a lot:mf_rosetinted:), Jane Austen (I'm sorry that Mr. Darcy doesn't exist:bleh: ), Harry Potter (gotta see the newest film:hypo: ), Donald Duck (my childhood hero:wub2: ) and loads of other stuff that I don't remember at the moment.

great tactic with the title:thumb_yello:

havent read any scifi yet to be honest, though i'm finally making my way through the lord of the rings trilogy- it fits the fantasy category right?...loved he movie, but only now have the time to read the thing

i totally regret not having enough time to read...i feel so stupid...but hey! school does that to you:biggrin2:

and i should mention that my favourite book ever, the only one that has made me cry is east of eden by john steinbeck; i read it a few years back, and when i took it up again recently, i picked up on a lot of hidden meanings that i hadn't noticed when i was younger...really great book

I'm a total book worm, don't even want to think about how much I spend on books!

Big Grisham fan, Harry Potter, Kelley Armstrong, James Patterson...loads really!

Totally love the idea of a book club! Count me in!

i totally love james patterson!!!! did you read when the wind blows and the lake house?

im in the middle of his numbered series, 1st to die, 2nd chance ect. they're really good!

i also like the stephani plum series by janet evonavich. any1 read that, its so funny!!

CazGirl...I LOVE the Shopaholic books...I am right in the midst of reading one right now!

I am a total bookworm...I love reading books and I even have a *ahem* "reading list" where I list each book I've read, the date I started it and finished it...etc... Yeah, I'm a nerd :)

Oh and fave books of mine are: To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984 (and other various books by George Orwell), the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Chronicles of Narnia, Bridget Jones series (and other books by Helen Fielding), Agatha Christie books, Louisa May Alcott books....etc...etc...