And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blink:

I don't know if this has been posted, and I don't have time to read back...but:

I signed on to MySpace this morning and saw a bulletin from Patrick called Somerset House.

I click it, expecting it to be sort of an "I had a great time, the crowd was wonderful, etc." message.

No.

It said, and I quote: "Mika is a twat." :blink:

What the hell? I hope he's joking, and hasn't stooped to the level of calling someone out over MySpace if there was, indeed, something going on between them (an argument, etc).

Now, there are a ton of people commenting on Patrick's MySpace bashing Mika.

Yeah I know, LOL! I still want to know what made him say that...

Oh...did you succeed then? :mf_rosetinted: (yeh I didn't see what anyone else was doing either, I was busy being a pain in the arse :fisch:)

No, I didn't get to in the end =( ah well!

Ooooh, Mr. Wolf has just posted another bulletin:

"and what I meant was

Please lets put an end to

over marketed, expensive heartless

tacky rubbish, autotune, airbrush

should i market myself to look OUTRAGEOUS and kooky or would

it be easier if I sold records by playing safe and serene

and for the family

to save more record sales. Cliff richard. enrique iglesias.

mutton dressed as lamb.

what we all need in this time

of super superficialities is gristle

and bone and passion and soul

and true stars that havent come from

the end of showbiz academy jazz hands school

I never got an education for what

i do, I woke up with a passion to sing

and write and communicate from the bottom

of my dirty teenage heart and we should be more aware

of what is fed to us as genetically modified music

and what is organic music, this is not about gender

or sexuality, its just a bad time for music and I cant

stand on the sideline with a fake smile.

Sure, everybody likes a good show.. and and entertainer

but liberace had the flying limousine and hotpants.

I went to hear my violinist Victoria Sutherland play Schuberts last piano trio yesterday morning, it was in st marys church on the strand right opposite somerset house where we played only about thirteen hours before.

it was the first time in many months I heard a piece of music that totally seized my body with emotion. I suddenly woke up out of the forced ataraxy of the previous night.

Franz Shubert died of syphilis and mercury poisoning at the age of 30 with almost all of his compositions refused to be played by orchestras or definitely unpublished,

I demand justice for good music and firebrands who

refiuse to compromise to be popular.

Or at least a good meal or two in the process to keep them going.

Stay true, free and fierce peoples and enjoy your summer....

xxx pw"

I just read about that! hahah.

That was all he wrote, I think.

My guess: pissed that Mika went off with Alan and without him. (You should've taken him along, Mika!!)

--Jack

Edit: Oh, ok, read what wasabi just posted. Well pish, it's just the old indie-cred thing, isn't it? Yeah, some people will be earnestly sincere musicians, and others will be musician-performers who glory in style and artifice. We need both. And Mika is not manufactured, not really more than Patrick is--both are under the sway of their management companies, it's just that they want to do different things.

Unrepentant showmanship eventually grates without its balance, but undiluted sincerity grows boring.

Silly Patsy though, I like him, but he does stuff like this--he gets overcome by emotion and speaks without thinking. Mika, on the other hand, hardly ever does, and I think you'd never see him post anything like that publically. Yes, because he is a media creature and is careful about his image--but when being sincere means you post over-emotional diatribes, what's so bad about being "calculating" enough to know when to hold your tongue?

It said, and I quote: "Mika is a twat." :blink:

What the hell? I hope he's joking, and hasn't stooped to the level of calling someone out over MySpace if there was, indeed, something going on between them (an argument, etc).

Now, there are a ton of people commenting on Patrick's MySpace bashing Mika.

I don't think it's calling someone out... or is it? :blink:

There may have well been an argument. I remember in an audio interview Mika said something like, "I heard Patrick Wolfe was going to give up the music industry because of something (or somethings) he read about himself on his website... I dunno, I'd like to talk with him about that." But not in a bad way, just to know for sure.

But, either way, I suppose it counts as confrontation.

So, Mika probably had this chat with Patrick Wolfe and the latter was having none of it. Or was probably offended that he asked.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

"and what I meant was

and for the family

to save more record sales.

xxx pw"

I take it by "over marketed, expensive heartless

tacky rubbish, autotune, airbrush" he's referring to Mika.

Jeez, no need to hate. Honestly...

Besides, he's pretty outrageous himself, maybe in a slightly different way, but still. :naughty: No offense meant to all the fans of Mr. Patrick Wolfe.

The funny thing is Mika has called Mr. Wolfe "a genius" and that he was a big fan and Mr. Wolfe calls Mika "a twat." Hmm... In all fairness, maybe Mr. Wolfe didn't know Mika thought he (Wolfe) was a genius, but... hmmm...

It seems Mr. Wolfe has an awful lot of hatred inside of him.

Edit: Oh, ok, read what wasabi just posted. Well pish, it's just the old indie-cred thing, isn't it? Yeah, some people will be earnestly sincere musicians, and others will be musician-performers who glory in style and artifice. We need both. And Mika is not manufactured, not really more than Patrick is--both are under the sway of their management companies, it's just that they want to do different things.

Unrepentant showmanship eventually grates without its balance, but undiluted sincerity grows boring.

Silly Patsy though, I like him, but he does stuff like this--he gets overcome by emotion and speaks without thinking. Mika, on the other hand, hardly ever does, and I think you'd never see him post anything like that publically. Yes, because he is a media creature and is careful about his image--but when being sincere means you post over-emotional diatribes, what's so bad about being "calculating" enough to know when to hold your tongue?

I do think Mika is a sincere musician, he writes from reality (his own real life situations) and I don't think he fakes it. He just doesn't go on emotional tirades like Mr. Wolfe (sorry again, Wolfe fans). He really needs to learn to hold his tongue (or his pen or his hands from typing, whatever the case might be.)

Back to Mika, it just so happens that Mika wants the performance-aspect as well. -- glory in style and artifice.

It's awful that musicians separate amongst themselves.

I think you can be sincere and still keep certain things to yourself. I mean, I might like the shirt someone's wear and compliment them on it, but hate their trousers but I certainly don't mention the latter! That's sincere to me.

Besides that, I agree with everything else.

The German word is "Depp" (not Johnny) or "Trottel".

other english words are plonker, prick, git, idiot, moron or simpleton. something not very nice and quite opposite to "genious".

little,ugly,idiot Wolfe..how dare????:sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

why did he say this bad word to Mika??

Amen.

Mika knows when to keep his mouth shut. Patrick obviously doesn't.

Yeah.

Well, sometimes I think Mika shouldn't say certain things, but he's good about it.

Worse, Patsy thinks it's being "sincere" when it's really being foolish. There are just some things better left unsaid or kept to oneself.

I never said Mika faked it or was insincere--however, his interest in style causes him to apply a laquer onto his songs that some perceive as fake or done just-for-the-money, just-for-the-show.

But point is, Patrick wants to write deeply personal, inward-facing music that connects with audiences by drawing them into his own vortex. They enter his songs through him, which is why his life does in fact also have to be laid open.

Mika wants to write outwardly-appealing pop songs that, while they may still be personal, connect with the audience through enveloping them in a world of mutual creation and letting them form their own parallels to private experience--or not. This is also why Mika's personal and private life can be kept much further away, since it does not matter as much for the songs.

Mika (at least with this album) wants to lift people up, Patrick wants to draw people in. Totally different approaches.

--Jack

something doesnt fit..? ooo patrick is JEALOUS maybe!

i dunno, yesterday at somerset, he seemed like he was having a good time, and he was nice to us all!

and i dunno if anyone noticed (only people front row may have seen) that mika was in the tent bit to the right when patrick was playing?!

I never said Mika faked it or was insincere--however, his interest in style causes him to apply a laquer onto his songs that some perceive as fake or done just-for-the-money, just-for-the-show.

But point is, Patrick wants to write deeply personal, inward-facing music that connects with audiences by drawing them into his own vortex. They enter his songs through him, which is why his life does in fact also have to be laid open.

Mika wants to write outwardly-appealing pop songs that, while they may still be personal, connect with the audience through enveloping them in a world of mutual creation and letting them form their own parallels to private experience--or not. This is also why Mika's personal and private life can be kept much further away, since it does not matter as much for the songs.

Mika (at least with this album) wants to lift people up, Patrick wants to draw people in. Totally different approaches.

--Jack

You're absolutely right, of course.

Damn, Jack you are so smart! I wish I could express myself in writing as well as you. (Must practice, I suppose, *lots* of practice.)

:sorry: for accusing you of saying that Mika faked it or was insincere. I didn't mean it to come across like that.

I know you never said it but I didn't understand what made a "sincere" artist. I guess obviously Wolfe saw Mika's stuff as fake...

I think I understand about Mr. Wolfe's music and his approach better now

Thank you, Jack! :sorry: again about the accusation. :-(

"and what I meant was

and for the family

to save more record sales.

<snip>

I demand justice for good music and firebrands who

refiuse to compromise to be popular.

Or at least a good meal or two in the process to keep them going.

Stay true, free and fierce peoples and enjoy your summer....

xxx pw"

What a load of pretentious twaddle. Patrick Wolf is a twat.