And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

:bleh::wub2:

2003433303783701326_rs.jpg

They look like the toilets in the nearest town shopping centre to me :roftl: :roftl:

That dog looks soo depressed .....i wonder why....could it be because he was forced to sit in a smelly toilet :blink:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought his CD The magic position and since this I just can't help it' date=' I love his universe! This guy is f*****g talented![/quote']

i downloaded his cd off Itunes after hearing him perform at somerset house

Done some searching on youtube and he has similar type interviews as Mika ....

The popworld interview was hilarious - similar to roxercise -

also the guardian interview with objects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikt7O7tsVPg

not keen on his hair in the second one though

:roftl: :roftl: On popworld he looks like he does not know what to do to cope with that training...

And I agree with you. I prefer him with his hair now (I love it actually!)! :wub2:

Wow Bexxy thank you !!!

the popworld is hillarious!! (poor Alex! :bleh:)

(saw a guardian one already)...

i have a confession to make .....today i dyed my hair bright red :roftl: :roftl:

Bexx, I WANNA SEE THE PICTURE!!!!!

You did not get the same haircut as Patrick though??? :roftl: :roftl:

Bexx' date=' I WANNA SEE THE PICTURE!!!!!

You did not get the same haircut as Patrick though??? :roftl: :roftl:[/quote']

nooo i just got bored so i went into town and brought some red hair dye....:biggrin2:

Nooo not the same hair cut as patrick though :roftl: :roftl:

im just going through a patrick wolf worshipping phase :roftl: :roftl:

nooo i just got bored so i went into town and brought some red hair dye....:biggrin2:

Nooo not the same hair cut as patrick though :roftl: :roftl:

im just going through a patrick wolf worshipping phase :roftl: :roftl:

That's forgivable, he's a genius!

I'm so much into him at the moment. Patrick Wolf and Damien Rice.

Gah! Patrick Wolf! Yessssssssss! To be honest, I don't even remember how I found out about him, but I know somehow I stumbled onto his wikipedia page awhile back and saw that he had two albums out and a new one on the way, so I got Wind in the Wires, which I think is simply amazing. Then I got The Magic Position when it came out, and I love it too. I think my favorite songs of his would have to be Tristan, The Libertine, Overture, and Magpie. :naughty:

ahh haa love the picture

Here is a picture of mine from Somerset house...have to admit while watching him on stage i didnt really know what to think of him...but he has kinda grown on me :biggrin2:

2007_0717somersethouse17july0052.jpg

Sorry for jumping onto the "train" that is already gone...seems like never get to read the forum when some interesting discussion is on...:bleh:

so... needless to say-neither of them is a twat (well in fact both are:biggrin2: )

Patrick's position is quite understandable (bad choice of words though, mr W)...he has been seriously in the business for a number of years so far...and as much as I know, he went thru some trouble with his record company that tried to market him "too indie-experimental-whatever..." and he was not quite happy with that. (ironically, Mika has been complaining about being forced into too-commercial stuff)

Being asked about Mika and all his success Patrick said something like "I dont understand" how the person could do it so quickly (well, we all know about M's "12 yrs in the making" etc by heart now, but what he meant is just releasing the albums...)

And he has all the right whatsoever to be irritated about certain ways the industry works....he IS a musical genius, and MUSICALLY (melodically etc-) maybe bigger than M...but obviously lacks a certain "appeal" to a larger audience...

The thing is we are all humans, and we all fall for a beautiful package, etc... especially if that one is so WONDERFULLY DELICIOUSLY crafted as Mika's...and the inner content, despite being wonderful, talented blah-blah is much easier digested than Patrick's. And it is not because of Mika being insincere , but because of his wish to make HUGE SOUNDING POP records. And together with visuals, hype, all that Beirut-dyslexia and "insane singing teachers" it sums up into a fascinating Mika product-project-......created by a multi-talented "circus master"...

P.S. Do not quite agree about the whole inward-outward thing...maybe earlier Patrick-yes...though in terms of lyrics (the meaning behind ?) Mika might be even darker...

P.P.S. well, anyway, lets wait till Perez posts it into "Celebrity feuds:biggrin2: "

...and it's all fake..

music industry sell dreams, you know..

good point of view:thumb_yello:

btw....saw my own old post above.....I still think he is a great musician, and a supertalent etc....

....but after that famously infamous incident he has slammed Perez .....in most inappropriate and offensive way......I mean one can be pissed and irritated.....but replying rude is just bringing one down to the level below the "offender" .....thats just childish and stupid....and he is rather a public figure after all, which implies certain responsibilities....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I have 2 tickets to see Patrick Wolf in Vancouver on Oct. 12 at the Plaza Nightclub, but none of my friends are interested in Patrick. Any Vancouver Mika fans like to join me? I have to say I am one of Mika/Patrick's oldish fans (51!) but still young at heart:biggrin2: If you're interested let me know. Also, there are still tickets available at TicketMaster, so perhaps it would be fun to have a get-together of Mika/Patrick fans in Vancouver (altho I have a feeling that particular hybrid is very rare:naughty: As you can see from my siggie I am STILL pissed off at Patrick for you-know-what....but not enough to keep me from seeing him...