And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:sorry: for accusing you of saying that Mika faked it or was insincere. I didn't mean it to come across like that.

Don't worry about it! :thumb_yello: I agreed with all that you wrote, I just wanted to clarify my position.

And don't be too much in a rush to agree with me. :naughty: This is all speculation on my part as much as anybody's, and for all I know, I may be getting it entirely wrong, ha.

--Jack

P.S. Kata, why don't you change your title to "Mika hater" or something? :roftl: Well, we must have a voice of opposition on these boards!

And yes, you should marry Patrick. Though he's a funny one, for someone complaining about manufacture and commercial appeal, he had his own type of Project Wolf thing going when he came out with his first album, where he admitted he lied in some interviews so as to project a certain mystique... and that's really just the same thing from another angle!

But point is, Patrick wants to write deeply personal, inward-facing music that connects with audiences by drawing them into his own vortex. They enter his songs through him, which is why his life does in fact also have to be laid open.

Mika wants to write outwardly-appealing pop songs that, while they may still be personal, connect with the audience through enveloping them in a world of mutual creation and letting them form their own parallels to private experience--or not. This is also why Mika's personal and private life can be kept much further away, since it does not matter as much for the songs.

In other words Patrick Wolf is totally self-indulgent and Mika actually wants to entertain people. Shame on Mika.

Meh, my opinion is that he can think what he wants to think about Mika - he's entitled to his own opinion, after all. Of course, I don't agree with him, but well, tough, not everyone in the world is gonna agree on everything. *shrugs*

In other words Patrick Wolf is totally self-indulgent and Mika actually wants to entertain people. Shame on Mika.

Ooooh, you're angry! But basically, yes. :roftl:

I like both kinds of music and musicians, but various artists I like keep gnashing at each other precisely because of this issue.

--Jack

--Jack

P.S. Kata, why don't you change your title to "Mika hater" or something? :roftl: Well, we must have a voice of opposition on these boards!

And yes, you should marry Patrick. Though he's a funny one, for someone complaining about manufacture and commercial appeal, he had his own type of Project Wolf thing going when he came out with his first album, where he admitted he lied in some interviews so as to project a certain mystique... and that's really just the same thing from another angle!

I kinda like my title, even if it might be about time to remove the word fan from it :blink:

Well fortunately I don't know too much about that and I'm not gonna make the same mistake again and try to learn anything about the artists I listen to, I'm just gonna go to concerts and have a good time :mf_rosetinted:

Meh, my opinion is that he can think what he wants to think about Mika - he's entitled to his own opinion, after all. Of course, I don't agree with him, but well, tough, not everyone in the world is gonna agree on everything. *shrugs*

I agree, wasabi, I just think people are reacting because they feel it's not the classiest thing to come out with something like this the day after you played with the person you're now slagging off as a hack.

--Jack

Ooooh, you're angry! But basically, yes. :roftl:

I like both kinds of music and musicians, but various artists I like keep gnashing at each other precisely because of this issue.

--Jack

:roftl: I just can't stand that pretentious "art is suffering" mentality. He sounds like an angsty 15-year-old. GMAFB.

Haha, indeed.

I was going to make a comparison, but I'm sure people are tired of me nattering on about Bowie, and the next best example I could think of was the French fin-de-siecle decadents and the British social reformers, and I think that comparison would just bore everyone to death!

--Jack

I agree, wasabi, I just think people are reacting because they feel it's not the classiest thing to come out with something like this the day after you played with the person you're now slagging off as a hack.

--Jack

Yeah, I know what you mean... one of the few good things that comes from being strange like me is that I've learnt to be easy-going about this sort of stuff and not get annoyed XD

--Jack

Exactly. Just makes him sound like a hypocritical hack since he just hitched a ride on Mika's gravy train. Obviously he's disgusted with himself over it, but suck it up young man. Don't blame your embarassing decisions on Mika.

I mean, are we supposed to believe that he expected Mika's show to be something other than what it was? He knew what he signed up for.

Exactly. Just makes him sound like a hypocritical hack since he just hitched a ride on Mika's gravy train. Obviously he's disgusted with himself over it, but suck it up young man. Don't blame your embarassing decisions on Mika.

I mean, are we supposed to believe that he expected Mika's show to be something other than what it was? He knew what he signed up for.

Nooooooo. He thought Mika would sit mournfully on stage and sing about the pain of his childhood. The pinnacle of the set would be a penitent "Holy Johnny" and a chest-beating, soul-baring "I want you back." When Mika dropped these in favor of the entirely un-contrite "You've got the love," he just couldn't take the shattered expectations and cruelly dashed illusions.

--Jack

Nooooooo. He thought Mika would sit mournfully on stage and sing about the pain of his childhood. The pinnacle of the set would be a penitent "Holy Johnny" and a chest-beating, soul-baring "I want you back." When Mika dropped these in favor of the entirely un-contrite "You've got the love," he just couldn't take the shattered expectations and cruelly dashed illusions.

--Jack

that's how I felt :lmao: Have I told you lately that I love you? :flowers2:

that's how I felt :lmao: Have I told you lately that I love you? :flowers2:

Awwwww. :blush-anim-cl::wub2::huglove: See, now you've gone and made me speechless.

--Jack

P.S. Since you love me and babs and Yoppa and everybody, you'll stick around here no matter how much you hate Mika, right? :naughty:

ok i really don’t think that anybody should stress about this silly little incident anymore you shouldn’t take it so seriously Patrick is a very passionate person so just take in what he says and move on with your life he’s a good guy he’s not mean or heart less this will sort its self out

Awwwww. :blush-anim-cl::wub2::huglove: See, now you've gone and made me speechless.

--Jack

P.S. Since you love me and babs and Yoppa and everybody, you'll stick around here no matter how much you hate Mika, right? :naughty:

Now that was absolutely not my intention :blink::biggrin2:

Yeh I'll stick around unless I get kicked out of the circus for laughing at the wrong moments :mf_rosetinted:

this happens to be my most favorite picture in the whole wide world lol its so funny hes so sad hum guess he wanted the white album instead

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Is he about to cry?

Love it. Those lips ar amazing. I have a thing with lips. :biggrin2:

--Jack

:roftl: Well when you put it that way I guess Mika is a twat.