And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've read all the pages and for sure he's interesting... I've listen to few song on youtube last month when I bought the Out mag with Mika cuz there's an interview with him. I like him but most likely he won't be too popular in US and even Canada (maybe more Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver but still)

It's why I often wish I'd live in UK!

P.S. Do not quite agree about the whole inward-outward thing...maybe earlier Patrick-yes...though in terms of lyrics (the meaning behind ?) Mika might be even darker...

Huh? Sorry, what does the inward-outward thing have to do with how dark the lyrics are? It was basically just another way of saying that Patrick wants to make avante-garde pop, while Mika wants to make, as you also said, "huge sounding pop records."

Ie, one is interested in music that's experimental (inward-focused, in my view) and the other is interested in music that's more mass-appeal and has instant connectivity: "the perfect 3-minute pop song" (outward-focused).

--Jack

Huh? Sorry, what does the inward-outward thing have to do with how dark the lyrics are? It was basically just another way of saying that Patrick wants to make avante-garde pop, while Mika wants to make, as you also said, "huge sounding pop records."

Ie, one is interested in music that's experimental (inward-focused, in my view) and the other is interested in music that's more mass-appeal and has instant connectivity: "the perfect 3-minute pop song" (outward-focused).

--Jack

I really love that Patrick writes the dark songs its just so much more to think about and opens you mind wide his words are true and amazing even his first album he made i have never heard anything so fantastic and honest he touches on things i thought you could never put in a song i'm just so amazed by him

Both Mika and Patrick do their own thing, and I think they do it well. Of course, the general public will have it's own opinion. If one catches on more than the other, well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. As long as Patrick is making the music he wants to make, and isn't conforming for anyone, he should not be angry.

As a musician, I would rather have a small room full of people love me for who I am, than have the whole world love me for being someone I'm not.

Mika (at least with this album) wants to lift people up, Patrick wants to draw people in. Totally different approaches.

--Jack

...was just referring to that one...and its further interpretations by other posters

...maybe just being too shallow...or is that the uplifting word that has set a certain angle for my perception of the future posts? ....but thats what I thought is an idea ppl have gotten... apart from "personal"-"not personal":bleh:

...maybe I shld "read in" some more

P.S. Perez has used a "girlfight" word (instead of the "catfight")...he is such a nice and gentle guy after all

What really annoyed me what the fact that he targeted it at Mika from the outset.

I don't happen to agree with his second bulletin but there are those who do and that's fine, perhaps it is valid and if that was all he had posted he would have been justified.

My problem is that it isn't about the music now, he changed that by making it an attack at a specific artist, in this case Mika.

Why not post your thoughts and let people interpret the implied nature?

I don't like Patrick's looks neither ! Not at all ! :puking::puke:

I just can't seem to saty away from the Irish boys:wub2: i dont think of people as "ugly" anymore i used to when i was younger and then i happed to fall in love with the lead Irish singer from the band the Pogues this man has no teeth and is what many people would call "ugly" but his words spoke louder then his looks and i was able to look past the fact that he wasnt classically hansom and see the beauty inside thanks to him i try to do this with every body look past the looks and see the beauty within

• 2 weeks later...

How funny is that : i just read on PW's myspace that HE is going to Zambujeira de Mar Sudoeste Festival (Portugal), the one that Mika cancelled... AND to Lowlands (Netherlands), one of those that Mika hasn't cancelled (yet)... :bleh:

I'm not implying anything, just found it funny...

How funny is that : i just read on PW's myspace that HE is going to Zambujeira de Mar Sudoeste Festival (Portugal), the one that Mika cancelled... AND to Lowlands (Netherlands), one of those that Mika hasn't cancelled (yet)... :bleh:

yopp..i don't know if it was already post but i've herad that Patrick has done a love today remix...is it true? LOL

It is true and it is bloody horrible IMO.

I think Mika is running scared, PW playing the festival? Oh dear, I have an ear infection! :naughty:

I would say "Oh dear, i WILL have an ear infection !" :naughty:

do u have the link?

i never hear it...:blush-anim-cl:

I have no link, but i'm sure you can find it on youtube or something... Sorry... Mika said he liked it, but i'm like Bab, first i hate remixes if they don't bring something to the song and second, this one is pure noise...

Mika - Friday night, PW - Saturday night. :naughty:

No bitchfights to be expected. :naughty:

coincidence?! :mf_rosetinted:

possibly??

if mika cancels Lowlands, it will be because he doesnt want PW to catch his ear infection. Aaaawwww :wub2: how considerate!