New Member Support By Country

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Rainbow sky came up with a great idea and we've decided to launch it ...

The fan club is gaining more and more members every day. I feel it would be good to have a certain person who can be contacted by anyone in their country so they can find out information… I guess sort of like a team leader. For example, a newbie may have just joined and they don’t know much about how things work on the forum. This rep can ensure that people from their country are introduced to other people in that country so that they can fit in and make friends (particularly good for those that only speak one language and very limited English). The rep can also report on Mika goings-on in their country, whether it be gigs, fan club get togethers, Mika on the tv... basically right down to just making sure everyone is included in what is happening on the forum.

If you would like to be involved please post in here

MFC WORLD REPRESENTATIVES

Denmark- Kata

Switzerland- violetsky

Austria- ircazo

Hungary- suzie

AUSTRALIA: nico_collard

NEW ZEALAND: Rosina Kiwi

CANADA: Western: elanorelle

Central: Suzy

Eastern: Cassiopée

FRANCE: Pamette

FINLAND: satu

ISRAEL: Sivan

SPAIN: Queenie

ITALY: Robertina

WALES: Mikafish

ENGLAND: cazgirl

- Due to personal commitments daisylou will replace hunnyangel

BELGIUM: niki27

USA: HollyD

LittleTechieShelina

ARGENTINA: sofi_89

NETHERLANDS: Diana

POLAND: Grace Ally

JAPAN: Blue Sky

MIKA MANIA

GERMANY: Mellody

LUXEMBOURG: cath85

PORTUGAL: Mary

TRINIDAD: Kavi

ROMANIA: Vanessa

SCOTLAND: Kath

EGYPT: Lilly

IRELAND: Shaza!

BRAZIL: sweet

MEXICO: ~Ana~

LATVIA: sesil17aa

SERBIA: missgaga

SLOVAKIA: REBEKA

ESTONIA: -Lollipopgirl-

HONG KONG: hayley.m

CZECH REPUBLIC: Barunka

INDIA: pam

SOUTH KOREA: Inhye812

CENTRAL AMERICA:[/b] Valelia

NORWAY: Savage Beauty

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow sky came up with a great idea and we've decided to launch it ...

We are looking for one person per country to help new MFC members :thumb_yello: , its been seen that some of the new members are unsure of posting due to lanuguage issues, where to go on the MFC , and some of the forum rules etc.

The person chosen per country will help direct to threads and obviously being of the same language will be a great help to getting them settled in.

If you would like to be involved please post in here

Thanks

great!

i'm offering for italians! :thumb_yello:

I think as this was your idea then yes :thumb_yello:

First one RBSKY will lead Australia , I will update the front page as we go :thumb_yello:

Thank you Freddie. :)

I'm really happy and excited that my idea was seen as a good one and is being used. I look forward to seeing what comes of it. :thumb_yello:

I think it is a really great idea! but I think only one person for country is not enough..I mean... people are busy with work, or study and personal activities, it's very hard to give all the responsability to only one person. we should choise 2 or 3 person. or introduce a new entry into the designed thred of his own language.:mf_rosetinted:

So you can have a better understanding, this was part of the original idea:

The fan club is gaining more and more members every day. I feel it would be good to have a certain person who can be contacted by anyone in their country so they can find out information… I guess sort of like a team leader. For example, a newbie may have just joined and they don’t know much about how things work on the forum. This rep can ensure that people from their country are introduced to other people in that country so that they can fit in and make friends (particularly good for those that only speak one language and very limited English). The rep can also report on Mika goings-on in their country, whether it be gigs, fan club get togethers, Mika on the tv... basically right down to just making sure everyone is included in what is happening on the forum.

very well said...i love it!:thumb_yello:

Do we think more than one per country ?? seems a good idea:thumb_yello:

Probably depends on each country .... our fan base is relatively small here in Australia compared to the UK etc. .... & unless RBSKY feels otherwise ... I'm sure she will be more than enough to fill those CONVERSE'S !!!!! :wink2:

Perfect let me stick this on the first page

Furthermore...

For example, a newbie might want to know how to post or where to post, or may just want to ask a question but they don’t know how to. They may be too shy, or just so new to this whole thing that they don’t know where to start or who to talk to. A country rep may have the fact that they are there to offer help to everyone written in their signature or profile so they are easily identifiable. This person can then help anyone and answer any questions they may have. This may also help to curb pointless short threads with random questions or double posts. The FAQ section is available, but it seems some people don’t look at it.

I think some of this is already happening in the individual language threads.

The thing is that threads drop down so fast that new members cannot see the threads from their countries.

I often skim/search for new Japanese people, and Miori-Mary started up a Japanese thread, but if the "volunteered" rep is not on every day, it is hard to keep track.

What we could do in addition to RBSky's suggestion is have a drop down country menu thingy in the brown bar up the top of the page that would be connected to the main thread for that country/langauge. Then everyone would end up in the right place. We could just add countries as people appear there.

Trouble is I have no technical skills like that. And I can only be a support person for the Japanese thread because even though I speak Japanese OK, my written Japanese sucks. Truly. :boxed:

Freddie, I can be the Rep for Western Canada/Washington/Oregon

Then we can have someone for Central and French Canada

(cassiopiea or carolollipop for instance...they are very good in informing us of the goings ons in the more eastern of Canada,,and I'd be happy in the Western of Canada/PNW...There are not that many people in Western Canada and Wa and Orgegon by themselves...but quite a few if you put them together!

Suzanne